Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic Repair Solution  (Read 324 times)
zeef (OP)

Activity: 301
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:49:16 PM

Hi guys,

So today in morning i wake up and go to my safira rig to see if its hot, and she is cold  Cool.
Was stucked in the Automatic Repair of windows.
So maybe in the night had an kernel power event, it happen time to time.

I click on restart, and all the stuff worked like spected (automated startup programs etc..)

Any ideia how can i workaround this thing if happens again?

Regards,
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:45:12 PM
Merited by puwaha (1)

Start a command prompt window as administrator, run the following two commands. Restart.

You have to restart. This will prevent windows from doing what it did for you after a crash.

bcdedit /set {current} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures
bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures
mshordja

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:19:36 PM

Start a command prompt window as administrator, run the following two commands. Restart.

You have to restart. This will prevent windows from doing what it did for you after a crash.

thanks i need it too  Shocked

zeef (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:29:27 PM

Thanks for the tip,

Have you tested ?

mshordja

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:32:18 PM

Thanks for the tip,

Have you tested ?

nope, but i will do tomorrow

zeef (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:41:59 PM

thanks i need it too  Shocked

Thanks for the tip,

Have you tested ?

Ok, Smiley the problem is now how to put in the previous state of failure Smiley
You know how to put it in automatic repair and include the changes to se if result?  Cool power on , shutdown suddenly and repeat? hehe
zeef (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:45:57 PM

Thanks for the tip,

Have you tested ?

Can we go to regedit and change there?
mshordja

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:47:09 PM

Thanks for the tip,

Have you tested ?

Ok, Smiley the problem is now how to put in the previous state of failure Smiley
You know how to put it in automatic repair and include the changes to se if result?  Cool power on , shutdown suddenly and repeat? hehe

You have to press (hold) SHIFT and restart the pc from start menu -restart.

zeef (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:50:37 PM

Thanks for the tip,

Have you tested ?

Hmm nice, it isnt for safe mode ? Can test the automatic repair too? Will try when come home  Shocked
mshordja

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:53:13 PM

Thanks for the tip,

Have you tested ?

Hmm nice, it isnt for safe mode ? Can test the automatic repair too? Will try when come home  Shocked
now i am at work, and i will not make test like that if i am not in front of my rigs Cheesy, and only tomorrow i can test

whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:19:19 PM

I've tested it, which is why I recommended it.

How did I test? Well...

I just turned the PSU off while windows was running then again. I'd get the recovery screen. I ran the commands, rebooted. Tested again the same way, no recovery.
zeef (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:22:54 PM

How did I test? Well...

I just turned the PSU off while windows was running then again. I'd get the recovery screen. I ran the commands, rebooted. Tested again the same way, no recovery.

Cooll Smiley
mshordja

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:23:55 PM

How did I test? Well...

and thank you again  Wink

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:50:18 PM

Random thread, random day, but could go a long way resolving some of the intermittent issues I am having. Amazing.

My rig sometimes will crash (Kernel-power event, no idea wtf is wrong, maybe a flaky mobo, PSU, who knows). But sometimes it's not coming back up again. Could very well be that it's stuck in the Windows Auto Repair screen and I'm not seeing it because the rig is stored remotely and I can't access it.

I'll set the boot status policy. Many thanks.
zeef (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:56:21 PM

Random thread, random day, but could go a long way resolving some of the intermittent issues I am having. Amazing.

My rig sometimes will crash (Kernel-power event, no idea wtf is wrong, maybe a flaky mobo, PSU, who knows). But sometimes it's not coming back up again. Could very well be that it's stuck in the Windows Auto Repair screen and I'm not seeing it because the rig is stored remotely and I can't access it.

I'll set the boot status policy. Many thanks.

Hi,

My rig have that problem too , checking events i have Kernel-power event. Smiley Every 3 days or so (random) but autorestarts and worked good until today.

This time go to automatic repair, so i open that thread to get helped.

I will include the sugested boot status policy changes and will report Smiley

@dragonmike how you know what is the problem if you are remotely, have an remotely socket to restart the rig too? and start by an automated process..and you never see the problem ? Cool

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:11:51 PM

@dragonmike how you know what is the problem if you are remotely, have an remotely socket to restart the rig too? and start by an automated process..and you never see the problem ? Cool
I've got a TP-Link wifi plug indeed, so I'm just seeing on the pool that the rig is offline. Use my app in my phone to turn off the plug and back on again. When then looking at the event viewer in Windows, I'm none the wiser: "Kernel Power blahblah the last shutdown was unexpected blahblah". Don't know what happened. Only thing I know is that the rig did either lock itself up or did not reboot after it crashed (for whatever fukkin reason).

I'm kinda hoping it's trying to reboot but gets stuck in auto-repair screen. Preventing this would fix that problem.
zeef (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:13:45 PM

Hi again Folks,

I Have this rig:

Asrock H110 PRO BTC
120gb SSD
8GB Ram
CPU G4400
1 Saphire 8gb NItro +
7 Shaphire 4gb Nitro +
2 EVGA 750 watts GQ
Windows 10

Like i said Sometimes my rig got a kernel power and restarst (3 days more or less)  Grin

But when restarts if i doesnt have connected any monitor (just have an black screen) and  doesn´t sig in to windows to do the automated processes to start miner etc..

I tryed type 'netplwiz'. uncheck the 'users must use password to logon' and enter in your credentials. it will auto-login to windows upon reboot. And do this stuff, but only if i have an monitor connected, otherwise if i remotely connect i just see an blackscreen in teamviewer.

So I will bought an dvi dummy plug to solve that and just stay my old monitor connect.

In bios i tested change the internal vga or pciexpress and the problem is the same.

Just curious if anybody had solutioned this problems hehe
zeef (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:21:02 PM

I've got a TP-Link wifi plug indeed, so I'm just seeing on the pool that the rig is offline. Use my app in my phone to turn off the plug and back on again. When then looking at the event viewer in Windows, I'm none the wiser: "Kernel Power blahblah the last shutdown was unexpected blahblah". Don't know what happened. Only thing I know is that the rig did either lock itself up or did not reboot after it crashed (for whatever fukkin reason).

I'm kinda hoping it's trying to reboot but gets stuck in auto-repair screen. Preventing this would fix that problem.

yeahh, probably like my problem... Smiley We will report soon.

Now only have the monitor connected bug. Smiley Maybe is the board..
indiejeff

Activity: 96
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:31:19 AM

reading the problem and situation i think the problem is on logic board..  Huh
zeef (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

I have an monitor plugged (powered off) and now have no problem. Smiley I have before an dummy plug too.

And the automatic repair solution problem was solved by:

Thanks people
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: