Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized exchanges (e.g. AirSwap, 0x, etc.) are these a good buy?  (Read 128 times)
JuniAiko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:11:00 PM

Especially seeing how exchanges are getting hacked (whereas block chain based exchanges can't be hacked on a same massive scale, safe through individual's account who do not practice the usual precaution), or the Chinese government actively banning activity on centralized exchanges that can be easily shut down, no need to worry if the exchange might run away with your funds (i.e. these exchanges also acts as blockchain based wallets for your altcoins).

Maybe 2018 will be the year for these Decentralized Exchange projects to prosper too?

I'm seriously considering to get into AirSwap (AST) as one of my lower MCAP altcoins now (for its potential for bigger %gains due to the low MCAP).

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:17:50 PM

Especially seeing how exchanges are getting hacked (whereas block chain based exchanges can't be hacked on a same massive scale, safe through individual's account who do not practice the usual precaution), or the Chinese government actively banning activity on centralized exchanges that can be easily shut down, no need to worry if the exchange might run away with your funds (i.e. these exchanges also acts as blockchain based wallets for your altcoins).

Maybe 2018 will be the year for these Decentralized Exchange projects to prosper too?

I'm seriously considering to get into AirSwap (AST) as one of my lower MCAP altcoins now (for its potential for bigger %gains due to the low MCAP).

This year may be the year for Decentralized Exchange, but do you think the government will allow it. If the government can't track you, I don't think it will be as profitable as you it will be. Most likely the government will ban these type of exchanges. Please correct if I wrong. Thanks.
JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:27:50 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 01:50:50 PM by JuniAiko

How can they be banned if it is decentralized; and deposits and withdrawals are all done with cryptos? + they could perhaps park their coins as USDT (and hopefully less dodgy stable-coins in the future) or less volatile coins such as BTC if necessary, and cash in/out in another country once in awhile.

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:41:45 PM

The last few years have shown us how flawed the security of exchanges housing millions of dollars of funds in cryptocurrencies has been, and hackers have always been a step ahead at exploiting these vulnerabilities. Governments have also resorted to banning centralized exchanges making it even harder to rely on one particular exchange to trade securely.

Very like so, I have seen many decentralized exchanges already on the rise but then again the main problem such projects face is that there are a few scam/bogus names coming up along with them and it will get to hard to distinguish between them until they establish their names well enough in the community.
JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:52:02 PM

Think I'm gonna invest a bit into it and HODL for the long, because it does sound like a good idea.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: