Bitcoin Forum
July 24, 2024, 05:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized exchanges (e.g. AirSwap, 0x, etc.) are these a good buy?  (Read 139 times)
JuniAiko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:13:00 PM

Especially seeing how exchanges are getting hacked (whereas block chain based exchanges can't be hacked on a same massive scale, safe through individual's account who do not practice the usual precaution), or the Chinese government actively banning activity on centralized exchanges that can be easily shut down, no need to worry if the exchange might run away with your funds (i.e. these exchanges also acts as blockchain based wallets for your altcoins).

Maybe 2018 will be the year for these Decentralized Exchange projects to prosper too?

I'm seriously considering to get into AirSwap (AST) as one of my lower MCAP altcoins now (for its potential for bigger %gains due to the low MCAP).

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:19:52 PM

Decentralized exchanges will gonna be first option in the next few years. But unfortunately, it seems many user get a bad impression because of bad DEX like Etherdelta. So, i think its hard today to encourage people to invest on utility token for DEX. But, if you plan for long term, i think its a good opportunities.

JioMoney

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:21:05 PM

KB3 Is hidden gem coming up with DEX shortly...
JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:49:59 PM

Also, some worry that these will be outright banned, but how can they be banned if it is decentralized; and deposits and withdrawals are all done with cryptos? + they could perhaps park their coins as USDT (and hopefully less dodgy stable-coins in the future) or less volatile coins such as BTC if necessary, and cash in/out in another country once in awhile.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:59:55 PM

Especially seeing how exchanges are getting hacked (whereas block chain based exchanges can't be hacked on a same massive scale, safe through individual's account who do not practice the usual precaution), or the Chinese government actively banning activity on centralized exchanges that can be easily shut down, no need to worry if the exchange might run away with your funds (i.e. these exchanges also acts as blockchain based wallets for your altcoins).

Maybe 2018 will be the year for these Decentralized Exchange projects to prosper too?

I'm seriously considering to get into AirSwap (AST) as one of my lower MCAP altcoins now (for its potential for bigger %gains due to the low MCAP).
IMO decentralized exchange utility tokens are a good buy specially when they are better above the rest. It is very likely that people will turn into using decentralized exchanges if hacks here and there continues and if banning of crypto happens soon on another country. 2018 might be the year for Decentalized exchange projects to prosper but if they wont this year, I am sure that they will in the next few years.
JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:19:54 PM

Thanks for the advice Smiley Think I'm gonna invest a bit into it and HODL for the long, because it does sound like a good idea at least for AirSwap [AST] and I think 0x is a safe/legit project too, and has potential as well. Cheesy

sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:42:12 PM

I believe that decentralized exchanges are not a solution to the problems of the crypto currency that exist today. Also I am sure that many similar services will be created only for their owners to earn money.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:49:30 PM

I very much hope that in the near future we will enjoy the benefits of decentralized exchanges that will not be subject to more than one law and no countries will be able to prohibit access to them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: