Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:55:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope it crashes hard so I can buy for FAIR price!  (Read 1219 times)
InYourFace (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:44:02 PM

Pissed that you missed out. LOLZ.  Cheesy

"Scared money don't make no money."

"After all, you only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out."

Wink
brom

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 05:53:35 PM

I was personally a fan of the $100 bitcoin; it made for trivial currency conversions to USD.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Sub $100 dollar bitcoin is possible, but only after the next bubble pop. With all the pending developments in the short term, BTC is going to increase in price. If you can buy BTC sub $120, there is good profit to be made in the short term.   

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
Everlight

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:00:49 PM

Right now I think this year Bitcoin will not drop lower than $100 or rise above $200. I think people are starting to figure out a general accepted price/worth of Bitcoin.
InYourFace (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:17:33 PM

Sub $100 dollar bitcoin is possible, but only after the next bubble pop. With all the pending developments in the short term, BTC is going to increase in price. If you can buy BTC sub $120, there is good profit to be made in the short term.  

Euhm, what pending developments?

Seriously?

It's not that amount of transactions is going up...

Just like 2011 bubble, I think it will take a year minimum before we see some decent innovation coming from the new players attracted by the recent bubble. I mean innovation that leads to increased usage of bitcoin, just like Satoshi Dice did in 2012.

So at best in 2014 somewhere. Until then down the tube with this sucker!!!

However, I have no clue what application that will be, you?

Please share, maybe I can become rich after all  Cool
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:24:06 PM

Seriously?

Just like 2011 bubble, I think it will take a year minimum before we see some decent innovation coming from the new players attracted by the recent bubble. I mean innovation that leads to increased usage of bitcoin, just like Satoshi Dice did in 2012.

So at best in 2014 somewhere. Until then down the tube with this overvalued beast!!!

Please share, maybe I can become rich after all  Cool

One development in the short term is the pending approval of the Bitcoin ETF. When that gets announced, you can expect a nice pop. Secondly, with the uncertainty in the middle east, ie. pending US attack, another pop. Thirdly, the devaluation of currencies around the world, ie. India. There are lots of things going on that is very favorable in regards to Bitcoin. Oh did I mention the microscope Bitcoin is under via Governments, and how to make it safer for the general population.

If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
InYourFace (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:44:15 PM

Seriously?

So at best in 2014 somewhere. Until then down the tube with this overvalued beast!!!

One development in the short term is the pending approval of the Bitcoin ETF. When that gets announced, you can expect a nice pop. Secondly, with the uncertainty in the middle east, ie. pending US attack, another pop. Thirdly, the devaluation of currencies around the world, ie. India. There are lots of things going on that is very favorable in regards to Bitcoin. Oh did I mention the microscope Bitcoin is under via Governments, and how to make it safer for the general population.

Oh, I see, I have a permabull on hands here. Rosy glasses.  Wink

Let me pop that bubble for you, one by one:

- Bitcoin ETF, no way this will be approved in 2013. Maybe by the end of 2014. M A Y B E
- Bitcoin does not go up due to political global events.  Don't believe for a second that price went up because of Cyprus, that's just plain BS. War will have zero influence on price of bitcoin. Deflationary collapse and bank defaults would only have a negative influence on bitcoin price in short term. If any... India currency collapsing and you think they will flee to bitcoin? Common, serious. You really believe that? Long term I agree, short term NOPE.
- Regulators clamping down on bitcoin a positive for short term price.  Huh Where do I even start here?

I'm getting the impression you are one of those suckers I address in my opening post. I guess you are all in, right?  Cool
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:49:51 PM

Seriously?

- Bitcoin ETF, no way this will be approved in 2013. Maybe by the end of 2014. M A Y B E
- Bitcoin does not go up due to political global events.  Don't believe for a second that price went up because of Cyprus, that's just plain BS. War will have zero influence on price of bitcoin. Deflationary collapse and bank defaults would only have a negative influence on bitcoin price in short term. If any... India currency collapsing and you think they will flee to bitcoin? Common, serious. You really believe that? Long term I agree, short term NOPE.
- Regulators clamping down on bitcoin a positive for short term price.  Huh Where do I even start here?

I'm getting the impression you are one of those suckers I address in my opening post. I guess you are all in, right?  Cool

Keep hope alive buddy. Maybe take an economics class or too, as you clearly have a poor grasp on this subject and cause and effect.

InYourFace (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:54:07 PM

Seriously?

Oh, I see, I have a permabull on hands here. Rosy glasses.  Wink

I'm getting the impression you are one of those suckers I address in my opening post. I guess you are all in, right?  Cool

Keep hope alive buddy. Maybe take an economics class or too, as you clearly have a poor grasp on this subject and cause and effect.

That's a strong argument you are making there  Grin

Sorry to be In Your Face.

I just need to let go off some steam and you are the victim. I'm sorry.

Let me make up, I think you are wise to hold for the long term. Ignore my bitching and hold, I agree you will do likely very well.
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 06:54:50 PM

I didnt win the game  (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ Not fair

Done Trolling back to topic.

BTC are quick stable in the recent period (relatively). But with all those different nations' regulators chit chatting under the table, there are only two ends. They accept it, or they dont. And those will be big news and big effect on coin price, with the uncertainty now, I guess it is kinda a time for you to make a bet. What the result will be, that's left for you to guess.

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:58:15 PM

Seriously?

That's a strong argument you are making there  Grin

Sorry to be In Your Face.

I just need to let go off some steam and you are the victim. I'm sorry.

No offence taken but your understanding of economics with regard to your statements above are a little lacking, if not ignorant to basic fundamentals.

InYourFace (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:00:26 PM

So I'm wondering if my thread here is succeeding in convincing people to sell or not buy, instead of hold or buy?

After all, I want cheap coins  Cheesy

Serious question though, I'm curious?
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:03:13 PM

So I'm wondering if my thread here is succeeding in convincing people to sell or not buy, instead of hold or buy?

After all, I want cheap coins  Cheesy

Serious question though, I'm curious?

Now I understand. LOLZ. You want to spread FUD to get people to sell. Gotcha. I don't think it will work though.

InYourFace (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:09:04 PM

No offence taken but your understanding of economics with regard to your statements above are a little lacking, if not ignorant to basic fundamentals.

You are not making an argument here.

You say bitcoin price will go up if war erupts. I say, no it won't go up if war errupts. And you respond saying I don't understand economics? Well, I think you don't understand economics.

Please explain why bitcoin would go up if war erupts in Syria? Or why bitcoin price would go up (in short term!) if Indian Rupee continues to drop?
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:23:55 PM

You are not making an argument here.

You say bitcoin price will go up if war erupts. I say, no it won't go up if war errupts. And you respond saying I don't understand economics? Well, I think you don't understand economics.

Please explain why bitcoin would go up if war erupts in Syria? Or why bitcoin price would go up (in short term!) if Indian Rupee continues to drop?

War creates uncertainty within the country, as the banking sector and the economic structure is at risk of being destroyed. People need a safe place to put their currency fast, like what happened in Cyprus when the Govt. wanted to unilaterally take money from accounts. Some residents converted most of their Fiat to BTC, which drove the bubble in April.

When you are facing deflation of your dollar as the rupee is, people need to store their Fiat in other currencies, goods, gold/ precious metals, or now Bitcoin. Not all will, but a small percentage would have a big impact on BTC.

Govt regulations are not bad in terms of Bitcoin. If the Govt accepts it and does not ban it. The next step will be to make it secure through regulation, making it attractive to a broader market and investment portfolio.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: