View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:55:43 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 06:24:58 PM by Excelsior

nameface

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:09:07 PM

Interesting phenomenon. Thanks for posting. I have no answers, but maybe it's rising because the implementation of PoS is popular and/or creates a naturally stability.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 04:15:51 PM

Maybe PoS mints most of the coins?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:16:38 PM

-MarkM-

Yes, scam is entering it's final stage, where those who are holding the coins and PoS mining using just few % of CPU power are supposed to make
shitload of money on prices increasing to compensate for lack of new PoW coins. I'm very interested to see if there are enough retards, those who
would pay a lot for coin which network requires very little resources to be run, for scam to last for much longer.

Ignorance at its finest!

You must be a "scrypt" coin worshiper! right?
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:31:53 PM

At current difficulty of 1.560.000 PoW reward per block is 286 coins, PoS reward is 1% per year of all coins mined so far (20M coins) so we have a 3.8 coins PoS reward.

286 PoW reward Vs 3.8 PoS reward, this you call a scam?Huh??
nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:33:37 PM

-MarkM-

Is there no way to tell how the coins are being minted?
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:31:39 PM

... where those who are holding the coins and PoS mining using just few % of CPU power are supposed to make
shitload of money ...
This "shitload" is around 1% a year. I'm sure this is not enough for you, making much more through volatility.

... I'm very interested to see if there are enough retards, those who
would pay a lot for coin which network requires very little resources to be run, for scam to last for much longer.
I'm one of the "retards", we will see ...

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:52:05 PM

... where those who are holding the coins and PoS mining using just few % of CPU power are supposed to make
shitload of money ...
This "shitload" is around 1% a year. I'm sure this is not enough for you, making much more through volatility.

You have cut "on prices increasing to compensate for lack of new PoW coins" part. Eventualy increasing, that's it.
First, this 1% a year is against too high price gain on the long run, which makes it more useful for normal people paying goods.

And second, 1% a year inflation in the long run makes a lower price increase than with Bitcoins. High inflation makes the price of every unit drop, as you can expect and see with fiat money now.

Of course, at the beginning the price increase can be very high, it depends on success. Nobody knows but I believe Sunny is doing a good job. I know, there are a lot of challenges to solve.

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:57:57 PM

You are drunk or something? As far as I can tell, you already have coins. Retards are those that will be buying PPC if price goes up massively
in future. If one buys 1 PPC for like 0.1 BTC at the time all it takes to run the network is some CPU power than he or she is retarded, right?
Price of cryptocoins is closely related to how much money it takes to mine some coin. If all it takes to generate 1 PPC is 100 PPC on-hold and
some CPU power, paying 0.1 BTC for that 1 PPC would be the worst investment ever (asuming 1 BTC won't be down at $5 or so).
I'm an anti-cyclical trader. I'm buying on falling price, and selling on rising price. So I'm one on the persons who will never become a millionaire from this. I can live with it fairly good.

I believe in BTC and PPC at this time. I stay tuned on coming development.

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:11:00 AM

it's at the bottom that's why
teddyb797

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Peercoin

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:03:04 AM

in a pow+pos scheme; pow don't have to be turned off and pos can be use as a security feature.

pos is there in case of emergency when pow (bitcoin) can't no longer sustain itself for whatever reason; highly unlikely.

that's why i think ppc is the only true alternative coin to bitcoin. a few other legit alts: namecoin, xpm, freicoin (encourage spending).

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eH7RWqKgrEdtnS4Jk38w6JNYrfAMCSDp4u
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:00:24 AM

pos is there in case of emergency when pow (bitcoin) can't no longer sustain itself for whatever reason; highly unlikely.

With computing technology, where there's a challenge there is always a contender. I'm sure there are folks right now trying to crack bitcoin.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:54:24 AM

What you don't understand is that PPC is right now already very close to Bitcoin late stage.
There are people that have understood the qualities of PPC.

What you don't understand is that PPC is right now already very close to Bitcoin late stage. "Premining" is almost done (majority of coins are already generated, ...
rude calc: total gain of new coins of the last 24 hours is 8878 PPC
gain through PoS can be a max. of (total coins * 1% / 365 ) = (20234601 * 1% / 365) = 554 PPC
gain through PoW must be at least 8878 PPC - 554 PPC = 8324 PPC

At this time most of the newly created coins are made by PoW yet. What is your calculation?

Once PoW miners finaly wake up and realise they are losing shitload of money by PoW mining PPC
I'm sure miners calculate their profit very well. Are you mining any coin?

PPC was designed to substitute PoW by PoS over time from the beginning. This shall reduce needed power plants, what's wrong on this? With BTC miners will profit from fees only as soon as block rewards discontinue. And with PPC this is PoS blocks incentive.

Is there anything PPC is actualy used for except getting 1% interest (real life banks are around 5%) and eventualy making money off retards who have no clue about "the deal" and might be buying into it very too late?
I prefer to have 1% of a limited PPC supply than 5% for an unlimited fiat supply.

There are so many scam coins you can complain about, but not PPC for sure.

QuantPlus

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:32:23 PM

in a pow+pos scheme; pow don't have to be turned off and pos can be use as a security feature.

that's why i think ppc is the only true alternative coin to bitcoin. a few other legit alts: namecoin, xpm, freicoin (encourage spending).

So the 3 answers are:

(1)  The horribly named ppc = true alternative to brilliantly named bitcoin

(2)  pow+pos scheme creates "natural stability" = steadily rising price

(3)  A bubble is forming... and will pop.

Gentlemen, place your bets.

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:51:16 PM

What you don't understand is that PPC is right now already very close to Bitcoin late stage. "Premining" is almost done (majority of coins are already generated, ...
You did this false assertion. So again, where is YOUR calculation?

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:44:04 PM

By the way, saving the planet is necessary.

maka

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:43:44 PM

rude calc: total gain of new coins of the last 24 hours is 8878 PPC
gain through PoS can be a max. of (total coins * 1% / 365 ) = (20234601 * 1% / 365) = 554 PPC
gain through PoW must be at least 8878 PPC - 554 PPC = 8324 PPC

At this time most of the newly created coins are made by PoW yet. What is your calculation?

There is no need to calculate anything exactly, just look at frequency of PoS and PoW blocks on explorer and compare with situation
not so long ago (around a year, to be precise) when there were only PoW blocks which were mined at insane speed, each returning
around 2500 PPC. Complete daily generation right now is something Sunny and Co. mined in just few minutes less than a year ago.

PPC block 1 > http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/00000000000be4e024af5071ba515c7510767f42ec9e40c5fba56775ff296658
PPC block 2 > http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/0000000000fdfc564b25df5858ad9f5e3378d9102a22d5c785f9ab92ec3a304a
PPC block 3 > http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/000000000055f87a91082072032be5debae41a799e8a0c41a0f9d02ccc8977b7
PPC block 4 > http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/00000000002180942a935d0a81e94694c90dc76d35304b347096e60fd281041a

Around 10k PPC mined in like 8 minutes, check it up. And it went so much worse in next few weeks. Have you ever checked generation
over time graph? I doubt it because it does not actualy interest you and many others here to know the truth. All you actualy know are
irrelevant bullshits and propaganda which you yourself and alikes are now repeating because it suits your interests. I know that you
would love, just like real world scumbags, to hide the truth and make big money off those made oblivious of it but that won't ever work
here because there is damn publicly available ledger of all transactions, and there are people like me who will point to it occassionaly.

I don't see you are learning anything from stuff I'm posting so I'll cancel debate on topic, for now.

On eco matters, saving the planet and similar shits, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmtSkl53h4 for the cold hard truth, BRO!

You must really regret you didn't attend mining from the beginning.  But to be fair, for the following half year, you can buy a lot PPC with dirt cheap price.  So you had your chance.  You still have it even now:-)

And man made climate change is REAL.  Read 'Nature' and 'Science' to see if you can find even one article against that.  There's nothing wrong try something to at least alleviate it.
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:19:07 PM

On eco matters, saving the planet and similar shits, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmtSkl53h4 for the cold hard truth, BRO!

This is a comic performance not cold hard truth. And as he said (from memory, look at the video for exact quote): "Meddling with nature is what put us in this mess in the first place".
Advocating about showing some restraint when meddling with nature (like stopping pumping pesticides in the soil in huge amounts) should be common sense for him (and it may be in real life: this was not a debate about what should be done but a show mocking disproportionate fears).

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
QuantPlus

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:25:55 PM

And man made climate change is REAL.  Read 'Nature' and 'Science' to see if you can find even one article against that.  There's nothing wrong try something to at least alleviate it.

It's easy to be FOR >>>>> (government + taxes)...
If you don't run a business or pay tax.

And if that's the case... the first thing to go should be Bitcoin.

BTC is not mined using magically clean electricity...
It's minted largely by burning coal/fossil fuels.

Since roughly 50% of all Crypto Mining costs are power...
How much coal must be incinerated to produce $60 of electricity = 1 BTC?

Answer:

Roughly 1 pound coal = 1 kWh electricity...
Which costs $0.10 here in Canada on average.

600 pounds of coal burned = 1 BTC

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071226095025AANhhB5

Maybe that helps explain why PoS coins are doing well.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:13:19 PM

To the OP. This coin is(was) unique, relative old and established plus the dev is active.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: