Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:41:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm having trouble starting discussions on a few topics.  (Read 113 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:23:24 PM

I'm interested in quite a variety of things, and I enjoy taking part in discussions about them. I'm having trouble in raising any interest in a few of them here, and I'm a bit surprised, as I would have thought others would be interested. Some of the topics are -

Domain names -
Domain names are virtual assets, and also they are essential for the building of a website. Several registrars accept and pay in Bitcoin both for registrations, and for the sale and purchase of domain names. The value of Crypto domain names are increasing at the moment, and I would have thought this would be a good basis for discussion.

Bitcoin memorabilia-
Bitcoin is maturing, and there are many promotional items from its past. Some of these are collectible. There is an abundance of tee-shirts, hats, coins and similar items, but there have been some unusual items such as the Bitcoin knife, the wax seal for paper wallets, and the sneakers. I started a gallery here - http://bitcoinuncovered.com/bitcoin-memorabilia/ , and I would be grateful for some help in finding other items.

Gaming asset exchanges -
Gamers have been trading assets such as weapons and ammunition for some time, but I am starting to see an increase in the use of crypto-currencies to facilitate this. I'm not a gamer, but I'd be interested in discussions about the use of Bitcoin as a payment method.

There are some other topics, but those will do for the moment. I'm not sure which board to use for these discussions, I've tried a few starts, but the threads drop fairly quickly, and once they arrive on page 3, then they are dead. Is it just that there is no interest in the topics here on BitcoinTalk?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:27:37 PM

Domain names -
Domain names are virtual assets, and also they are essential for the building of a website. Several registrars accept and pay in Bitcoin both for registrations, and for the sale and purchase of domain names. The value of Crypto domain names are increasing at the moment, and I would have thought this would be a good basis for discussion.

Collecting domain names is so 2000.   I don't reward people for being greedy - I just find an alternate domain name - there are always alternates.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:34:57 PM

Domain names -

Collecting domain names is so 2000.   I don't reward people for being greedy - I just find an alternate domain name - there are always alternates.  Smiley

You could say the same about any asset - including Bitcoin and gold. However, my point is more about discussions where they relate to Bitcoin.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:56:36 PM

Right now people are attempting to post moderately longer/interesting posts in an effort to gain merit. Most of these posts are lacking real substance and are unnecessarily long and tedious to read - as a matter of fact, the post I am writing right now fills this criteria.

The topics you posted look like they will not be really easy to converse about, and will require at least a little effort. This is the negative side of the Merit system.

juicyjanet88

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

MFG Token Sale - 1st of January

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:15:14 AM

Right now people are attempting to post moderately longer/interesting posts in an effort to gain merit. Most of these posts are lacking real substance and are unnecessarily long and tedious to read - as a matter of fact, the post I am writing right now fills this criteria.

Those people are mistaken, the length of a post is irrelevant. Quality > Quantity

The topics you posted look like they will not be really easy to converse about, and will require at least a little effort. This is the negative side of the Merit system.

Posts should require some effort to talk about, they should engage the community. This is not a negative.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:41:14 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Bitcoin memorabilia-
Bitcoin is maturing, and there are many promotional items from its past. Some of these are collectible. There is an abundance of tee-shirts, hats, coins and similar items, but there have been some unusual items such as the Bitcoin knife, the wax seal for paper wallets, and the sneakers. I started a gallery here - http://bitcoinuncovered.com/bitcoin-memorabilia/ , and I would be grateful for some help in finding other items.

Is it just that there is no interest in the topics here on BitcoinTalk?

Hi Jet Cash, regarding Bitcoin memorabilia, there is a lot of interest on this forum. You'll find most of it in the Collectibles board...go to Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles.

There are many auctions and sales, not as much general discussion but the discussion is welcome there. A lot of the talk is related to physical cryptocurrency coins, Casascius coins being the first and original. But you can also find threads for art, and other types of memorabilia.

Good luck hunting around there!
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:54:50 AM

Bitcoin memorabilia-

Is it just that there is no interest in the topics here on BitcoinTalk?

Hi Jet Cash, regarding Bitcoin memorabilia, there is a lot of interest on this forum. You'll find most of it in the Collectibles board...go to Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles.

There are many auctions and sales, not as much general discussion but the discussion is welcome there. A lot of the talk is related to physical cryptocurrency coins, Casascius coins being the first and original. But you can also find threads for art, and other types of memorabilia.

Good luck hunting around there!

Thanks for posting that - I need to have a look at all of the sub-forums.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: