Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:24:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Economics of Tokens  (Read 121 times)
8CommaClub (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:52:11 PM

So lets say there's a physical business (selling crops) via greenhouse using aquaponics / hydroponics / aeroponics

So lets say investors who own a cryptocurrency / security and if they own 1 million tokens , they get a % of the profits gained from each of the crops sold. (1 acre = 300,000 heads of lettuce every 30 days example @ 0.50cents / head of lettuce)

How would investors be able to get their funds , would it be in Bitcoin or could it be our token distributed amongst all investors?

Or would there be a better way for others to secure their funds every 30 days? (minus overhead and cost of labor)

Just throwing out ideas to enhance my current idea.

1F8kqQx3eSwxbyoFvMYLtK4KBMMVJx3sjA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dofus

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:03:21 PM

No need to create a token for it. Just say that you'll pay in whatever top #10 currency has the lowest fees in the current month.
MoonHodler

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:11:26 PM

for a token to work, purchasing lettuce would have to be mandatory via this "Lettuce Coin",  so if a restaurant wants to buy the crop of 1 acre today it costs 0.5 per "Lettuce Coin", a year later the "Lettuce Coin" is worth $1 because now it buys twice the lettuce due to growth in produce on that acre.  that's how is used in utility as I understand. 

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
btcapparel

Activity: 568
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:16:56 PM

Good thread fellas!

And haven't you met mayby some bloggers who are up-to-date with the Token economics?
8CommaClub (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

No need to create a token for it. Just say that you'll pay in whatever top #10 currency has the lowest fees in the current month.

Great idea. Would this violate KYC or AML laws? Or would we have to report all of our earnings in the next 5-10 years with crypto?

for a token to work, purchasing lettuce would have to be mandatory via this "Lettuce Coin",  so if a restaurant wants to buy the crop of 1 acre today it costs 0.5 per "Lettuce Coin", a year later the "Lettuce Coin" is worth $1 because now it buys twice the lettuce due to growth in produce on that acre.  that's how is used in utility as I understand. 

great. I think i can make this work even better now.

Good thread fellas!

And haven't you met mayby some bloggers who are up-to-date with the Token economics?

I'll be sure to contact as many as i can to make this work now.

1F8kqQx3eSwxbyoFvMYLtK4KBMMVJx3sjA
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:42:19 AM

Idk but I still think that the best way to do this is using Fiats because with so many options out there the interchange and the government processes for approval will take time and so will be the implementation.
Why do you think people would prefer to buy through the coins instead of the Fiats ?
To be Honest it is an idea. But the working of it is what I doubt.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
GangNamSK

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:35:42 PM

Idk but I still think that the best way to do this is using Fiats because with so many options out there the interchange and the government processes for approval will take time and so will be the implementation.
Why do you think people would prefer to buy through the coins instead of the Fiats ?
To be Honest it is an idea. But the working of it is what I doubt.
What would make investors get their money, would it be in Bitcoin or would it be our sign of distribution among all investors?
Or is there a better way for others to secure their money after each fluctuations?
There will be capital mobilization or call for project construction to fund future events.
eduardoabordo

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:44:24 AM

In have many token but it's no have value they creat token I don't know what thr reason in think they need a financial.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:44:40 AM

So lets say there's a physical business (selling crops) via greenhouse using aquaponics / hydroponics / aeroponics

So lets say investors who own a cryptocurrency / security and if they own 1 million tokens , they get a % of the profits gained from each of the crops sold. (1 acre = 300,000 heads of lettuce every 30 days example @ 0.50cents / head of lettuce)

How would investors be able to get their funds , would it be in Bitcoin or could it be our token distributed amongst all investors?

Or would there be a better way for others to secure their funds every 30 days? (minus overhead and cost of labor)

Just throwing out ideas to enhance my current idea.

Tokens are very similar to the idea of shares/equity. The idea you have presented is good and we already have a similar company doing the same in the field of agriculture. You can visit bananacoin.io to get more insight about their project as it is very similar to the idea you have presented. Issuing your own tokens will be feasible from a business perspective because maintaining funds in to top cryptos will increase your operating cost and throw a significant challenge to you to maintain profitability in case of extreme price swing.

So my suggestion will be to have only one coin as a method of distributing profits to the investors. Be it bitcoin or your own token, have only one payout option to make the operation less complex. I would still push for your own token instead of using bitcoin or any other cryptos. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: