Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some problems in IOTAs protocol that can be fixed?  (Read 100 times)
8CommaClub (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

I've looked into IOTA and i think their tech is amazing , perhaps they might have had some collusions in their cryptography , but i think it could be huge.

What are some other problems in IOTA do you know of , that exists in the IOTA protocol?

Thanks guys!

1F8kqQx3eSwxbyoFvMYLtK4KBMMVJx3sjA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:27:18 PM

I've looked into IOTA and i think their tech is amazing , perhaps they might have had some collusions in their cryptography , but i think it could be huge.

What are some other problems in IOTA do you know of , that exists in the IOTA protocol?

Thanks guys!

Why do you think their tech is amazing? They weren't first and they can't get a single thing right, not sure whats so amazing about it. Sounds good in theory but practically its utter garbage.

8CommaClub (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:40:13 PM

Thanks guys!

Why do you think their tech is amazing? They weren't first and they can't get a single thing right, not sure whats so amazing about it. Sounds good in theory but practically its utter garbage.

Which other cryptocurrencies do you recommend which can do what IOTA can? (Oracle / unlimited tx/s / unlimited scalability / sharing of data / selling of data)

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:44:49 PM

Thanks guys!

The most amazing thing about IOTA is the insane level of hype. In theory it's great, but in practice there is a great deal still to prove. I think the jury is still out really.
I'm not saying it's a bad coin, just that I think the hype exceeds what is merited by the current state of the project.

99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:48:15 PM

I have yet to buy an IOTA, and I guess that seems rare around these forums since everyone, including myself, seems to think that it will breakout this year. Sometimes hype is all you need to make a coin explode into a point of great profitability. Even if a coin never lives up to its expectations, if it is hyped enough and enough people want it - simple supply and demand. Just make sure you cash out before the hype train ends. Not saying that is the case with IOTA, but my point is that no matter what this coin will remain valuable until the market decides it shouldn't.
MoonIsBlue

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:51:26 PM

Thanks guys!

The most amazing thing about IOTA is the insane level of hype. In theory it's great, but in practice there is a great deal still to prove. I think the jury is still out really.
I'm not saying it's a bad coin, just that I think the hype exceeds what is merited by the current state of the project.

What hype though? It was hyped when it falsly proclaimed partnership with Microsoft but now all its good for is making people lose money with faulty seeds and broken wallets.

MoonIsBlue

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:53:12 PM

Thanks guys!

Which other cryptocurrencies do you recommend which can do what IOTA can? (Oracle / unlimited tx/s / unlimited scalability / sharing of data / selling of data)

IoTChain and SkyCoin. And IOTA can't do any of that stuff, it still has to proof itself, people are going wild on the future potential of it whilst it looks like it could easily be the first one to fail. Also I personally can't stand their development team, seems like a bunch of ****

Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:53:37 PM

We must wait. I think that IOTAs protocol can be fixed for many times. So, we must be patient. I believe that the problem can be clear immedietly Smiley
Arkitekt

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

to da mooon

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:55:23 PM

I hedged my bets on both IOTA and NANO[xrb] They'll both go down in history as Hyped Dumps or one of them will really take off. I think iota is a cool project and they have great partnerships. I'm definitely not a fan of the centralization of iota currently but with time and growth I believe that'll change. I think the best bet in the crypto Sphere is to take 1,000 smaller bets as opposed to dumping everything into a specific "winner" Not all of these coins will pan out but, by this time next year, I believe we will have a much clearer picture of which coins will thrive. When that time comes i will make the proper portfolio adjustments  Cheesy

HAPPY HODLING!!
- the arkitekt
MoonIsBlue

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:00:26 PM
Merited by MaxiCripto (1)

I hedged my bets on both IOTA and NANO[xrb] They'll both go down in history as Hyped Dumps or one of them will really take off. I think iota is a cool project and they have great partnerships. I'm definitely not a fan of the centralization of iota currently but with time and growth I believe that'll change. I think the best bet in the crypto Sphere is to take 1,000 smaller bets as opposed to dumping everything into a specific "winner" Not all of these coins will pan out but, by this time next year, I believe we will have a much clearer picture of which coins will thrive. When that time comes i will make the proper portfolio adjustments  Cheesy

HAPPY HODLING!!
- the arkitekt

Not wanting to sound to negative but I think you have to be more realistic on IOTA. The devs have clearly shown to lie without thinking of the consequences, hold funds hostage/block people from their funds or people lose their coins because they can't properly generate seeds. If you trust those devs to stick to their word that they will decentralise it even though they have shown to lie to their community time and time again, then you're really blind.

Look around this forum, I bet you can find several threads in the past month talking about lost funds/funds hostage concerning IOTA wallets.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:07:08 PM

Thanks guys!

IoTChain and SkyCoin. And IOTA can't do any of that stuff, it still has to proof itself, people are going wild on the future potential of it whilst it looks like it could easily be the first one to fail. Also I personally can't stand their development team, seems like a bunch of ****

Second vote here for SkyCoin. I've picked up a bit. Very low cap at the moment, and a very worthwhile project. Compared to IOTA, SkyCoin is severely under-hyped!

8CommaClub (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:23:02 PM

Thanks guys!

What hype though? It was hyped when it falsly proclaimed partnership with Microsoft but now all its good for is making people lose money with faulty seeds and broken wallets.

wasn't the faulty seeds and broken wallets because the users generated their seeds on a website then stolen from the website?

Could it also be FUD or propaganda against it?

I hedged my bets on both IOTA and NANO[xrb] They'll both go down in history as Hyped Dumps or one of them will really take off. I think iota is a cool project and they have great partnerships. I'm definitely not a fan of the centralization of iota currently but with time and growth I believe that'll change. I think the best bet in the crypto Sphere is to take 1,000 smaller bets as opposed to dumping everything into a specific "winner" Not all of these coins will pan out but, by this time next year, I believe we will have a much clearer picture of which coins will thrive. When that time comes i will make the proper portfolio adjustments  Cheesy

HAPPY HODLING!!
- the arkitekt

Interesting. I do hope IOTA will prove itself in the long term.

Not wanting to sound to negative but I think you have to be more realistic on IOTA. The devs have clearly shown to lie without thinking of the consequences, hold funds hostage/block people from their funds or people lose their coins because they can't properly generate seeds. If you trust those devs to stick to their word that they will decentralise it even though they have shown to lie to their community time and time again, then you're really blind.

Look around this forum, I bet you can find several threads in the past month talking about lost funds/funds hostage concerning IOTA wallets.

HMm interesting. But the code of IOTA is still open source so we can fix the problems with it , couldn't we?

MoonIsBlue

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:09:26 PM

Thanks guys!

wasn't the faulty seeds and broken wallets because the users generated their seeds on a website then stolen from the website?

Could it also be FUD or propaganda against it?

I hedged my bets on both IOTA and NANO[xrb] They'll both go down in history as Hyped Dumps or one of them will really take off. I think iota is a cool project and they have great partnerships. I'm definitely not a fan of the centralization of iota currently but with time and growth I believe that'll change. I think the best bet in the crypto Sphere is to take 1,000 smaller bets as opposed to dumping everything into a specific "winner" Not all of these coins will pan out but, by this time next year, I believe we will have a much clearer picture of which coins will thrive. When that time comes i will make the proper portfolio adjustments  Cheesy

HAPPY HODLING!!
- the arkitekt

Interesting. I do hope IOTA will prove itself in the long term.

HMm interesting. But the code of IOTA is still open source so we can fix the problems with it , couldn't we?

Sure I'm spreading Fear, uncertainty and doubt and i'm propagating against IOTA cause secretly I'm filling my bags at low prices. In now way is this my personal opinion, I've been brainwashed by the media and big whale groups who are accumulating.

Open source doesn't mean you can make changes, you will need permission first. It does mean you can look into the code yourself and possibly hardfork it, Which isn't a smart idea as the devs admitted they put bugs in it to prevent people from doing so so they can attack a possible hardfork. (bugs that are also found within IOTA as it is)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: