Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:51:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Filtering topics  (Read 640 times)
fandersson (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:38:32 PM

Hi,

Any recommendations on how to filter out topics of little interest interest in this forum? The "show unread posts since last visit" gives too much noise, has topics in foreign languages, non alt currency related topics, and general crap that is just clogging up this forum.

I'm watching a few topics but want to find an efficient method of finding the new topics that have value. I thought about saving and using a set of search keywords each time I logon but the search seem only to be a word matching, nowhere near a google search, or any search engine for that matter.

In other words, how do you get the most of this forum?

Cheers!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:47:45 PM

Hi,

Any recommendations on how to filter out topics of little interest interest in this forum? The "show unread posts since last visit" gives too much noise, has topics in foreign languages, non alt currency related topics, and general crap that is just clogging up this forum.

I'm watching a few topics but want to find an efficient method of finding the new topics that have value. I thought about saving and using a set of search keywords each time I logon but the search seem only to be a word matching, nowhere near a google search, or any search engine for that matter.

In other words, how do you get the most of this forum?

Cheers!
by getting people to put questions about forum issues into the correct thread. EG. not a bitcoin thread.

EG your post should be in the Meta subforum..

Cheesy

if everyone posted the right posts in the right place, then the forum search would work better.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
fandersson (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:31:40 PM

franky1, you are really not helping!!!

As I said there's some keywords that I can use but after tried it I'm still getting to much noise. How do others go about finding the insightful writings here?

Another thing, if my topic is in the wrong section why cant it be moved to the right section? I didn't see a feature request section.

HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:52:12 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=130513;sa=ignoreBoards

You can Ignore boards that you do not want to see. Enjoy!
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:17:13 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=130513;sa=ignoreBoards

You can Ignore boards that you do not want to see. Enjoy!

1 internet for you sir.
fandersson (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:48:53 AM

Thanks HeroC!

Ignoring boards is really helpful! With ignore and watch tags I hope to get the most of this forum.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: