Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:23:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why does it take longer this time for the cryptos to rise?  (Read 117 times)
Patoe (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:50:48 PM

Hi, i'm new so i'm reading a lot about the cryptos so i can understand how it all works.
 I read that in january the cryptos usually fall but this year it' s taking longer. So why is this taking longer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:25:02 AM

That would be because past performance is not indicative of future results. You may as well ask why Bitcoin didn't grow as fast during the last month of December two years ago.

Crypto is very speculative in nature, and while trends do help some, there's no definitive way of knowing when and where it will go. You can try to analyze data all you want, and the market will still be what it is, which is unpredictable and volatile.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:31:48 AM

It could be a lot of reasons. Just because in the recent correction the price rebounded a lot faster it doesn't mean it's going to rebound that fast again. Sometime in the past bitcoin dropped like 80% of it's price and it went stagnant for pretty much 3 years before it went back up.

tldr; be patient

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
GaboCarranza

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

CR Coin - Costa Rica's First Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:18:13 PM

Hi, i'm new so i'm reading a lot about the cryptos so i can understand how it all works.
 I read that in january the cryptos usually fall but this year it' s taking longer. So why is this taking longer?

The time it takes to rise is different from crypto to crypto, for example a crypto with less supply than other is more likely to rise faster and reach a higher price, and as for now with all the FUD and Asia banning cryptos people is kinda scared to buy, and if no one buys the price wont increase.

Costa Rica's first cryptocurrency, join the revolution crcoinico.com
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:23:24 PM

I'm confused about what you want to talk about - your thread subject mentions how long it takes for crypto currencies to rise but your first post asks why cryptocurrencies are taking longer to fall. Which are you concerned about?

Past performance is not indicative of future results, however there's a lot going on in the news that can begin to describe price movements. That discussion requires clarity from you on which side of the market you have your concern.
denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:24:27 AM

Crypto is a very volatile market in nature and because of that any negative news usually ends up with big sell offs.
Look what happened in South Korea. Government officials threatened to ban all crypto trades and it resulted in a huge sell off. This sell off didnt impact only South Korea or Asia, it had a big impact on the whole world. Why? Because people who bought cryptos in Dec-Jan purchased their coins when the prices where at the top and now due to the negative news and sell off they see that the price is going down, fear kicks in and they sell their coins accepting a big loss. As more and more people sell the price keeps dropping.
Dec-Jan is holiday season - people withdraw their money, its Christmas time, The New Year. All these influences the price.

But there are also positive news. have you noticed how the market keeps rising from Feb 6th? Why? The US senate hearing on cryptocurrency which finally brought some relief.

Trace Mayer@TraceMayer
"If there were no #Bitcoin there would be no distributed ledger technology. ... Distributed ledger technology has extraordinary potential." CFTC Chairman @giancarlocftc "I hope people pursue it vigorously." SEC Chairman

A few days ago, positive news came from Europe about banks not planning to ban crypto trading and look at the market. It went up from below $300 billion to $460 billion.

To sum up, people are afraid, they are afraid that they will lose their investment, that they will get banned, fired, audited... Thats why the market is recovering slowly. But its important not to listen to all the negativity. If you really believe in the future of cryptos keep your coins otherwise someone else will buy them off you at a discounted price!
Avaemily

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:09:56 AM

HI

It’s always hard to say where the prices will swing next, but we strongly believe crypto currencies are more profitable in future . In the past, we’ve compared crypto currencies to commodities such as gold or oil, and for good reason The same applies to crypto currencies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: