Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:20:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Seeking Comments] Scoutcoin  (Read 221 times)
linenoise (OP)

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:14:26 PM

PHILANTHROPIC BASED SCOUTCOIN TO LAUNCH IN 2018

Scoutcoin.com is developing a philanthropic based cryptocurrency to benefit the scout* community worldwide.

Scoutcoin is a decentralized, peer to peer, cryptographically secure electronic token that may be used for many purposes. In the tradition of scout organizations worldwide, Scoutcoin will help the community in an open, honest and inclusive way.

Scoutcoin is derived from Bitcoin. What sets Scoutcoin apart from other crypto currency coins is its focus on the millions of young adults in scouting, and the Scoutcoin Fund that is established at the start and continues to be funded with an ongoing 10% fee of the Proof of Stake Interest.

This Fund, overseen by an advisory board of diverse individuals from numerous backgrounds, will distribute value as it accumulates to Scout driven projects. Furthermore, the original Fund will also reach out to scouting organizations to explain crypto currencies and the potential benefit as well as offer some of the initial Scoutcoins to regional chapters that oversee millions of scouts.   

Scoutcoin started as an idea created by 16 year old Michael Willis, a scout of 11 years. The idea was a good one and went from planning to actual development. The original goal has stayed the same, allow any scouts to become involved in crypto currencies and also give back to the community.

The advisory board will oversee the Scoutcoin Fund and distribution of value to worthy goals as they are submitted during two funding cycles per each year

Scoutcoin is seeking input and feedback from the community as a whole through Feb 28, 2018 either via forums, or at contact@Scoutcoin.com  to finalize plans.  Scoutcoin will launch in the second quarter of 2018.

Initial coin thoughts :

• POS to save on intensive mining
  • Mining distribution along the lines of CURE. This allows the mining to benefit the world
  • Send vouchers for coins to regional scout troops
  • Based on an existing coin tweaked to have an automatic share of the interest fees sent back to the Fund

Tentative Roadmap :

Community feedback taken - Feb 2018
Full Advisory Board in place - March 2018
Whitepaper released with full specs  - March 2018
Full Roadmap - March 2018
Scoutcoin website beyond the basic one - Q2 2018
Development - Q2 2018
Coin Launch - Q2 2018

*Scoutcoin is not currently endorsed by any scouting organization.  This includes any organization under the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM).  Scout is used as the generic term of a person involved in a community oriented organization.
linenoise (OP)

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:24:03 PM

I'm posting this under my account as the idea was started by my nephew and I'll be helping him on the advisory board.

I was working on an Entrepreneur project with him and he wanted to do something with crypto. He has been trading alt coins for a few years on a small scale - he caught my crypto enthusiasm. The project involved planning out all the steps needed to make something successful.

We believe the idea is valid and we are happy with our current progress but thought we'd open it up to the community for any feedback before finalizing the details and publishing the whitepaper.

BrokeA$$Miner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:50:11 PM

I was working on an Entrepreneur project with him and he wanted to do something with crypto. He has been trading alt coins for a few years on a small scale - he caught my crypto enthusiasm. The project involved planning out all the steps needed to make something successful.

We believe the idea is valid and we are happy with our current progress but thought we'd open it up to the community for any feedback before finalizing the details and publishing the whitepaper.

Cool - good for him :-)
He's bitten off a pretty big project - I hope it goes well!

Anycrypt

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:53:01 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 06:40:55 PM by Anycrypt

The idea of the project is certainly interesting and promising, but why so little information.
where is your site? information about the team?
will there be a bounty?
gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:26:19 AM

added your tweet if there is a desire to thank the addresses that you will always find on my page on Twitter  https://twitter.com/Bill_Djons/status/961425660282638337
pantherx12

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:51:12 PM

i would like to know, if i join to this company, i will be a scout?
and i get some tasks, which i may do and recive token?)

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: