Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:15:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have any opensource miner or how to make your own miner software?  (Read 146 times)
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:30:34 PM

Guys anyone knows an open source miner and do you know some old thread that includes guides in how to make your own miner software?
I was planning to build just like other people here making their own builld and improvement miner software..
If anyone know please share it to me thanks. .
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:28:09 PM

Guys anyone knows an open source miner and do you know some old thread that includes guides in how to make your own miner software?
I was planning to build just like other people here making their own builld and improvement miner software..

What programming experience do you have? Do you want to make a CPU, nvidia GPU or AMD GPU miner (all use different languages/packages)? I can tell you from experience that writing GPU miners is hellishly complex, that is why you only see a few out there.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:14:34 PM

What programming experience do you have? Do you want to make a CPU, nvidia GPU or AMD GPU miner (all use different languages/packages)? I can tell you from experience that writing GPU miners is hellishly complex, that is why you only see a few out there.
Honestly i just wanted to learn to program and planning to make miner for nvidia GPU i need an example complete opensource or ready made re edit every each code and test.. I'm not programmer but i'm a tech of phones and computer..
I really just wanted to learn something new and my target is to know how other people here made their own miner because most of the devs here are asking for dev fee so i was planning to make own just to mine coins with my own without fee..
I can host it in aws if ever needs a server for cuda devices. i have a little experience  but not same as other pro here..

Do you think all opensource in github are fine?
x0rancr

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:57:51 AM

Honestly i just wanted to learn to program and planning to make miner for nvidia GPU i need an example complete opensource or ready made re edit every each code and test.. I'm not programmer but i'm a tech of phones and computer..
I really just wanted to learn something new and my target is to know how other people here made their own miner because most of the devs here are asking for dev fee so i was planning to make own just to mine coins with my own without fee..
I can host it in aws if ever needs a server for cuda devices. i have a little experience  but not same as other pro here..

Do you think all opensource in github are fine?

Hi There, I was on the same search to find a open source GPU based miner. I did find some, I was particularly interested in Equihash based algorithms.
This is what I found, SGminer and CCMiner
https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer-gm/releases

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases
The learning curve is steep for programming the GPUs, My plan is to stick to equihash do some learning first and try to understand the inner workings of a miner.

Hope that helps, PM me on how are you progressing...

Regards
x0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: