Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:46:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help With RX 580 cards and Claymore miner  (Read 159 times)
mojo_man (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:53:08 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 09:05:18 PM by mojo_man

Hi,

I am a technical person who has just entered the fray of cryptocurrency mining so I am a newbie.

I have a rig with two RX580 cards. I am running Claymore miner for GPU for Windows 10 64bit. I am mining MONERO from miningpoolshub.com.
Despite a lot of initial difficulty, I got it working but I have a very low hash rate.
At best I can 600 hash per second with both cards.
Something is wrong because I have seen youtubers getting mh/s in speed.

These are my settings:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

NsGpuCNMiner.exe -xpool stratum+ssl://us-east.cryptonight-hub.miningpoolhub.com:12024 -xwal xxxx.yyy -xpsw x -dmem 1 -h 1900 -mport 0

What do I have to do to get it to a mh/s speed?
Is there a special driver I need to use?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:58:17 PM

Hi,

I am a technical person who has just entered the fray of cryptocurrency mining so I am a newbie.

I have a rig with two RX580 cards. I am running Claymore miner for GPU. I am mining MONERO from miningpoolshub.com.
Despite a lot of initial difficulty, I got it working but I have a very low hash rate.
At best I can 600 hash per second with both cards.
Something is wrong because I have seen youtubers getting mh/s in speed.

These are my settings:
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -xpool stratum+ssl://us-east.cryptonight-hub.miningpoolhub.com:12024 -xwal xxxx.yyy -xpsw x -dmem 1 -h 1900 -mport 0

You need to do a bios modification of your cards in order to achieve higher hashrate, usually 800+ h/s per card is a normal standard after bios mod for a RX 580. Other than that you can use blockchain driver which you can download from AMD website here

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

Or if you are using latest Adrenaline drivers make sure you switch the GPU workload to Compute Mode.

Here is a video to help you understand the basic concept of bios modification. If you are a tech person like you say , you will have no problems doing it yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKM60VVIfRg
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 09:03:12 PM

h/s or kh/s - Monero ( XMR )
MH/s - Ethereum ( ETH )

the only thing you can do is Mine Ethereum ( ETH )

With stock RX 580 , mining xmr, 600 H/s per card are perfectly normal , you get the right speed
with the proper bios mod , undervolting/underclocking/overclocking you can get around 780-900 H/s on monero

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
mojo_man (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

With stock RX 580 , mining xmr, 600 H/s per card are perfectly normal , you get the right speed
with the proper bios mod , undervolting/underclocking/overclocking you can get around 780-900 H/s on monero

Hi,

So with two cards I should be getting 1200 h/s correct?

I am only getting 600 h/s with both.
elgi76

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

I am mining MONERO from miningpoolshub.com.

you aren't mining monero, you use the port 12xxx, you mine cryptonight algo, sometime monero sometime another coin.
and with 12xxx it's for multi algo, so sometime you mine nothing.
mojo_man (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:47:09 PM

I am mining MONERO from miningpoolshub.com.

you aren't mining monero, you use the port 12xxx, you mine cryptonight algo, sometime monero sometime another coin.
and with 12xxx it's for multi algo, so sometime you mine nothing.

Thanks for the info.
So in miningpoolhub.com what is the point of indicating what type of work the worker is doing in the hub worker tab? Is that just information for the user and has nothing to do with what is mined?
elgi76

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:01:59 PM

https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=statistics&action=autoswitches
you can show what you mine with
your choice of job on
https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=account&action=hubworkers
elgi76

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:08:25 PM

before i use multi algo switching on MPH

hub.bat :
Code:
:start
ZCashMiner.lnk
SGMiner.lnk
EthMiner.lnk

timeout 1
goto start

SGMiner.lnk :
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

sgminer.exe -k groestlcoin --name "groestl" -I 25 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:12004 -u <login>.<worker> -p x --no-retry
sgminer.exe -k skeincoin --name "skein" -I 25 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:12016 -u <login>.<worker> -p x --no-retry
sgminer.exe -k vanilla --name "vanilla" -I 25 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:12019 -u <login>.<worker> -p x --no-retry
sgminer.exe -k myriadcoin-groestl --name "myriad" -I 25 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:12005 -u <login>.<worker> -p x --no-retry

ZCashMiner.lnk :
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

ZecMiner64.exe

etc...
mojo_man (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:59:54 PM

Hi,

Not sure I follow you. When you say you can show "what you mine with" all I see are links to pages that tell you which configurations to use for a given algorithm.
Could you please explain what you meant?
elgi76

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:29:13 PM

example
on hubworkers i choice this job :
AMD - Cryptonight, Ethash, Equihash

on autoswitches, i search my worker job :
and now i show i mine Ethereum

this is only if i use port 12xxx
mojo_man (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:42:03 PM

example
on hubworkers i choice this job :

on autoswitches, i search my worker job :
and now i show i mine Ethereum

this is only if i use port 12xxx

I get it. The choice on hubworkers has to match the choice for autoswitches page.
I presume that MULTI ALGO mining is more profitable than just mining CRYPTONIGHT.
Which multi algo mining ALGO's can you recommend for AMD GPU's on mining pool?
elgi76

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:03:44 AM

I get it. The choice on hubworkers has to match the choice for autoswitches page.
I presume that MULTI ALGO mining is more profitable than just mining CRYPTONIGHT.

but you must use many miner for mine all algo you choice.
and the profitability isn't a good choice. better to mine one coin and hold, wait the price go up for sell (sometime many month, many years).
i said this, but for me it's just a "geek game" Smiley

if you want to mine monero, use the port for mine only monero 20580.
if you want to mine cryptonight (or another algo) use 17xxx (for cryptonight it's 17024).
if you want to mine multi-algo, it's better to use a third party (MultiPoolMiner for example), because this app benchmark your rig for many algo and switch for your profitability on T time.

and for rx580, https://whattomine.com say the best algo is ethash, and ETH coin.
mojo_man (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:44:38 AM

but you must use many miner for mine all algo you choice.
and the profitability isn't a good choice. better to mine one coin and hold, wait the price go up for sell (sometime many month, many years).
i said this, but for me it's just a "geek game" Smiley

if you want to mine monero, use the port for mine only monero 20580.
if you want to mine cryptonight (or another algo) use 17xxx (for cryptonight it's 17024).
if you want to mine multi-algo, it's better to use a third party (MultiPoolMiner for example), because this app benchmark your rig for many algo and switch for your profitability on T time.

and for rx580, https://whattomine.com say the best algo is ethash, and ETH coin.

Thanks for your help,
I am getting a much better hash rate now using the expanse pool on MiningHub Pool
In my command line I have this:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17020 -ewal username.worker1 -eworker username.worker1 -esm 2 -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1 -dpool stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:20550 -dwal username.worker2 -dpsw x -dcoin sc

Am I correct to assign a second worker (worker2) from mining pool hub for 20550 pool? If not, what should I put there?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: