Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:06:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How the cryptomarket works?  (Read 197 times)
Hemady17 (OP)

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:47:44 PM

Can anyone here explain me how the cryptomarket works? I have been following the coinmarketcap for months and one thing I observe is when one coin move up almost all coins moves up. Is that a normal thing in crypto? Are coins are dependent to all coins unlike in stock market where one stock is totally independent to others.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinTesla

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:02:09 PM

It is mainly due to Bitcoin and that is why we call them ALT COIN (other than bitcoin).
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:07:28 PM

Can anyone here explain me how the cryptomarket works? I have been following the coinmarketcap for months and one thing I observe is when one coin move up almost all coins moves up. Is that a normal thing in crypto? Are coins are dependent to all coins unlike in stock market where one stock is totally independent to others.

Depends.

ALL coins are currently pegged on BTC price.  Normally when BTC goes up or down the alts follow.

However, when BTC does a drastic jump, it can have the negative effect on the alts and they plummet down.  This is because everyone is selling their alts to get more BTC.

The market performs best when BTC is "stable" or growing "organically".  That is when other coins go on their own way and you'll see different gain/loss trends.

As for me, I am waiting for the time when all crypto coins/tokens become independent of BTC.
joeyvdt

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:15:33 PM

In crypto mist of the times it's either bitcoin and altcoins bleed, of only altcoins bleed. But hey, in the long term we will probably all be up on out investments Smiley

Don't invest what you can't lose!
Mhz_evadah

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:31:13 PM

Bitcoin's appreciation is directly proportional to alt coins. However many people hold altcoins for two reasons; In fact, people use cryptocurrencies for two specific reasons:
1. To hodl as a store of value for long term gains.
2. As a tradable asset, to increase one's investment portfolio.

More so, we have seen in many cases where Bitcoin does a bullrun and leaves altcoins behind. Usually, in this instance, the alt coins begin to show a red indicator - reduction in value, this is because of the gap between them. In the mean time the altcoins will play catch-up.

So generally, BTC is like the base pair for all altcoins. But as the market continues to mature we would see many more pairs like in the traditional capital/Forex market. But for now depending on what exchange you are trading on, you could have ***/BTC, ***/ETH, ***/USDT, ***/USD, and ***/BNB.

Hemady17 (OP)

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:31:50 AM

Bitcoin's appreciation is directly proportional to alt coins. However many people hold altcoins for two reasons; In fact, people use cryptocurrencies for two specific reasons:
1. To hodl as a store of value for long term gains.
2. As a tradable asset, to increase one's investment portfolio.

More so, we have seen in many cases where Bitcoin does a bullrun and leaves altcoins behind. Usually, in this instance, the alt coins begin to show a red indicator - reduction in value, this is because of the gap between them. In the mean time the altcoins will play catch-up.

So generally, BTC is like the base pair for all altcoins. But as the market continues to mature we would see many more pairs like in the traditional capital/Forex market. But for now depending on what exchange you are trading on, you could have ***/BTC, ***/ETH, ***/USDT, ***/USD, and ***/BNB.

Noted on this Sir! Based on your explanation as an investor as of the moment it is much better to have greater portion of BTC in my portfolio and the remaining should be the altcoins. Altcoins is much better investment if the market continue to mature still better get those coins.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:25:32 AM

no one knows how they work and move together. maybe for now the trend is so and bitcoin is an indicator to see if the other alt will go up or down.
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:12:06 AM

What you're talking about is the correlation between the price of Bitcoin color as the dominant force in the market, due to the pairing with all the outs in the exchanges however that doesn't mean that that should be working in the same manner the following year.
hs84

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:07:34 AM

i am pretty new.
i am just following the market since a half year.
you have the pairing from bitcoin to all other altcoins (i think thats around more than 70% of trading volumen)
so if bitcoin goes up,.. the rest is as well going up in %

after bitcoin was that high (market dominance more than 60%) and costs more than 15k usd. i think for many people bitcoin was to expensive
and they went to other currencies (so bitcoin lost a litte of his market dominance to 35%)
(and at this time there had been problems with longer waiting periods for sending and higher fees)

thats how i would see that issue.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:03:24 AM

Somehow the coin that has big influence to the price of other coins is bitcoin. Almost all exchanges make bitcoin as base coin that's why when its value is crashing, majority of the coins crash as well because traders would secure their coins by selling it maybe in exchange to fiat and then when bitcoin is having a run again, they would buy again the coins or bitcoin itself and then when it move sideways, they would transfer to other coins because altcoins shine when bitcoin is moving sideways.

When bitcoin is having a bull run, traders wouldn't want to miss the gains that's why they would sell their altcoin and stay with bitcoin. During the bull run, you can observe that altcoins are bloody as well. During a crash or major correction, altcoins are in red because of the reason above. You can be profitable in altcoins when bitcoin is not having rapid movements because traders would shift to alts.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:21:51 AM

Cryptomarket is completely based on the technology they develop behind the projects, many companies are showing interest towards the blockchain because of security reasons and transperancy. Owners of the company are doing the same thing developing a desired project which will help to the companies.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:19:28 AM

BTC is like indicator on market, you can see all moods on the market. But sometimes if btc growing fast, alts can go down for a while.

ahmed

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:45:49 AM

yes, it's a crypto world like that boss pegged with bitcoin price, because bitcoin is the main coin in the crypto world, while in stock is not dependent by one stock product .
Selborjeremie

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:37:08 AM

Cryptomarket is a full and based on the latest technology that using in some company. the bitcoin has the most influence coins now because it is based on the cryptocurrency world.Some company used bitcoin wallet to easily buy and sell there product.
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:58:16 AM

As almost all cryptocurrencies are only indexed in BTC and for a few of these in ETH too, the market follow BTC trend in USD. To get a better view of the market, you have to check prices in BTC, it's easier on this way to see rising projects.

When a coin rise alone, this is mostly due of rumors or before a great news. Remember that in most case, once the news is released, people starts to sell and it's already too late.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:06:02 AM

There are a lot of trends in crypto world. For example at period from beginning of September to Middle of November we saw trend of BTC rising and alts dumping.
Now, if BTC growed (yesterday), alts growed too (all market is green).

HiatusGG

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:16:17 AM

Whole altcoins  depend to Bitcoin. If Bitcoin increase or decrease Altcoins make that bitcoin did. King of the Cryptocurrency is Bitcoin.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:21:46 AM

Regularly bitcoin affects all the market, all other coins. That's why you see move in every coins when bitcoin moves. It is our gold standard, basically. On the other hand demand and supply moves prices in alts. Our market is more free than regular markets.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
PaulaSantos

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:22:08 AM

No one knows. But based on what I observed in the market, Bitcoin is the main based mostly of the alts. If they sell their alts, that can make the coin decreases the number of demand on that coin that can put to bitcoin that can make bitcoin demands increases. As you see, many of alts based is the bitcoin that can prove that if the one coin dump doesn't mean that many of coin or alts may also goes down. As I've said, It depends  maybe on the demand and supply of it.
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:53:13 AM

Dont observed for only one month but read history for at least 4 years ago then compare. It is not always if bitcoin goes up and all another also goes up. There is a time when bitcoin down and another alt like ltc,dash, monero, ethereum goes up or vise versa. Crypto market is very volatile and unpredictable it is depend on whale or project behind the alt. And dont forget about how community support it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: