Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:34:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Mining  (Read 203 times)
lucymary (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:52:47 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 06:20:47 AM by lucymary

Hi, maybe this is a stupid question, but still I'll try to ask.

Is there still an Altcoin that can be mined in a portable unit - like for example a laptop or desktop or any smaller unit. The idea is, I'll bring it to work Mondays - let it mine for 5 days- and I'll bring it back home on Fridays - to rest the unit for the weekend. So basically, electricity would be free.. Or maybe that is not possible?

Thank you
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:30:47 AM

Hi, maybe this is a stupid question, but still I'll try to ask.

Is there still an Altcoin that can be mined in a portable unit - like for example a laptop or desktop or any smaller unit. The idea is, I'll bring it to work Mondays - let it mine for 5 days- and I'll bring it back home on Fridays - to rest the unit for the weekend. So basically, electricity would be free.. Or maybe that is not possible?

Thank you
Yes, you can do it. when you bring a laptop/desktop on Monday then has Mining a coin and your Wallet shown the profit (.00000001) per 5 days and then check your a laptop. what happens to your laptop /desktop (please write in this section forum).

come on dude,
you can search the OP on this forum, the most member doesn't suggest mining using especially a Laptop. process mining generates heat and also a laptop/desktop has a very small Hashrate when compared to GPUs. yes, I know you have free electricity bill and internet if in the office but what you get from mining does not match what will happen with your laptop/desktop. Especially,your laptop will be damaged.

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:39:23 AM

Forget about the laptop for mining, the most probable is your desktop, however I wonder what you look like bringing desktop in and out of your office every week Cheesy

you might end up being so weird and suspicious, Lol much better to leave it in your office and shut it down every weekends, btw, put some GPU's into your desktop to maximize your mining. Grin
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:22:59 AM

The altcoin regular are involved in the mining process.A good understanding the difference a term reffered to any cryptocurrency.when trying to mine altcoins as you have to take the account the difficulty and price of multiple canditates.Altcoin mining we mean a way mining where you constantly switch the coin you are mining on a daily or weekly basis,unlike bitcoin mining where you would continuously mine the same cryptocurrency.
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:31:41 AM

you can do that for like 10 years and in 10 years you will earn about... hmmm 20 dollar maybe if you are lucky... so i think its a bad idea
consider that 6x 1060 now they do 10 usd day so your laptop or whatever thing with not 6 gpu will be not worth it
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:53:16 AM

Read the article below to give you a better idea of mining using notebooks.

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/01/06/mining-using-notebooks/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: