Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Brand New Sealed Ledger Nano S  (Read 250 times)
Flamedyr (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:08:55 AM

Won a brand new ledger nano s in a giveaway and am looking to sell it. My account is obviously new so I can definitely use an official middleman. Asking for $110 in BTC or ETH, and will only sell/ship to continental USA. If interested, please contact me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dacinka

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:32:11 AM

Do you have any pictures?
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

Can you be more explicit a little? the Ledger Nano Details and its convincing benefit? Any website to look up verification?
Flamedyr (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:18:03 PM

Do you have any pictures?

Of course. I'll upload some after I get home from work today!
Flamedyr (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:19:18 PM

Can you be more explicit a little? the Ledger Nano Details and its convincing benefit? Any website to look up verification?

Not sure what you mean... the Ledger Nano S is simply a hardware wallet. You can look up all the details at https://www.amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46
Flamedyr (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:15:46 AM

Pictures are here... sorry for the delay!

https://imgur.com/a/T9k8O
bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:23:59 PM

Sorry but this picture doesn't prove your ownership.
You should put along the Ledger box,at least,a piece of paper with your username here and the date.

Btw which competition was it the one that you win this?
Flamedyr (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:52:47 PM

Sorry but this picture doesn't prove your ownership.
You should put along the Ledger box,at least,a piece of paper with your username here and the date.

Btw which competition was it the one that you win this?

Hello! I can definitely upload timestamps once I get home today! I won this from the ICOExaminer Christmas Giveaway and only received it 4 days ago because they had problems with customs.

https://www.icoexaminer.com/competition-of-the-month/
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:21:58 AM

Not sure what you mean... the Ledger Nano S is simply a hardware wallet. You can look up all the details at https://www.amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46

Yea, You have promptly responded. I saw it all in different brands. I equally saw your won Ledger Nano S. Shall get back to you if it shall still be available, when I'm actually ready soonest. Good luck.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:39:28 AM

Are these nifty little toys reprogrammable? Just concerned and cautious about the security issue when reselling or gifting them to someone else, especially if they are not directly sourced from the manufacturer.

I know they are really secure and advertised as a wallet with robust safety features but given the sophisticated nature of scamming technologies these days I would be hesitant to store coins on it. That's just my opinion. Of course OP's device might be totally safe but one has to consider all potential threats and risks.

Can a new seed be implanted on this device? Just wondering if they can be reprogrammed somehow to allow for backdoor access to the private keys.

Flamedyr (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:38:24 PM

Are these nifty little toys reprogrammable? Just concerned and cautious about the security issue when reselling or gifting them to someone else, especially if they are not directly sourced from the manufacturer.

I know they are really secure and advertised as a wallet with robust safety features but given the sophisticated nature of scamming technologies these days I would be hesitant to store coins on it. That's just my opinion. Of course OP's device might be totally safe but one has to consider all potential threats and risks.

Can a new seed be implanted on this device? Just wondering if they can be reprogrammed somehow to allow for backdoor access to the private keys.

There was a common scam going on that the seller would put a scratch card with the 25 word seed. The ledger itself is totally secure but those who get scammed are the ones that don't generate a brand new seed upon getting the device. If the device gives you a seed it is trying to scam you. You must make sure to generate your own, completely new seed once you get the ledger and everything should be fine.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 12:46:24 AM

Offered to buy this device if the user sent first. They seemed open to the idea then I said I would take it at asking price... suddenly no reply but multiple updates here. Very suspicious behavior. Beware.
Flamedyr (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:49:06 AM

Offered to buy this device if the user sent first. They seemed open to the idea then I said I would take it at asking price... suddenly no reply but multiple updates here. Very suspicious behavior. Beware.

Listen I was open to the idea of sending first due to  your status but upon looking at your trust rating there are multiple reports of you being a scammer. I'm not gonna take that risk and would rather use a trusted escrow so both parties can have the peace of mind.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:44:45 AM

Listen I was open to the idea of sending first due to  your status but upon looking at your trust rating there are multiple reports of you being a scammer. I'm not gonna take that risk and would rather use a trusted escrow so both parties can have the peace of mind.

I see an impeccable trust score there and negligible or maybe even invalid or even retaliatory feedback from vindictive individuals.

I agree with that comment about being suspicious but your suggestion about using a trusted escrow is fair and agreeable which is an indicator of this being a potentially legitimate offer. Weighing risks and deciding whether or not to sell is your good right after all.

Advice to both buyer and seller: contact a trusted escrow directly. Ensure and ascertain the escrow’s profile and thread are on a genuine and unspoofed domain. Follow instructions provided directly by the escrow. Never rely on copy/paste messages or links sent by the person you are transacting with.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 02:52:53 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 03:08:28 AM by TECSHARE

Listen I was open to the idea of sending first due to  your status but upon looking at your trust rating there are multiple reports of you being a scammer. I'm not gonna take that risk and would rather use a trusted escrow so both parties can have the peace of mind.

So your solution is to ignore my messages? Good plan.

BTW, not interested in using an escrow, it offers me no peace of mind. Been here for 7 years, trusted with thousands in value, and completed hundreds of trades honoring all my agreements. There are maybe a handful of people on this forum with better reputations than mine. My account alone is worth far more than this. Me ripping you off makes zero sense from any angle. Take it or leave it I don't really care.

P.S. you might want to check the ratings of the people who accused me as well instead of just taking them at face value. Send me a PM if you wise up.
Flamedyr (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:16:17 AM

So your solution is to ignore my messages? Good plan.

BTW, not interested in using an escrow, it offers me no peace of mind. Been here for 7 years, trusted with thousands in value, and completed hundreds of trades honoring all my agreements. There are maybe a handful of people on this forum with better reputations than mine. My account alone is worth far more than this. Me ripping you off makes zero sense from any angle. Take it or leave it I don't really care.

P.S. you might want to check the ratings of the people who accused me as well instead of just taking them at face value. Send me a PM if you wise up.

I understand you are most likely legit but I would rather not take the risk, not matter how small. Thanks for your interest though!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: