Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 04:20:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between coins and tokens...  (Read 350 times)
K0korap (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:22:00 AM

Hello everyone! as i read through the coin market is saw that there's a different window for the token market and coin market which made me wonder if there's a  difference. Right now, EOS leads the tokens while BTC leads the coins. I hope someone could explain this to me simply.

cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:12:30 AM

Well, the token place on the market depends on ICO/start-up/project it's used in. Coin place on the market depends on coin's cap, hype, technology and possible environments it can be used in.
kuruyama

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:22:22 AM

Well, For me, Token is an award or bounty given to us for joining campaigns, it usually depends on the ICO or for whatever project its used in. While Coins are usually place or traded in the market depending on its coins capacity, its hype or whatever it is being use or can be used to.
ShadyMash
Copper Member

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

https://wesp.io

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:26:20 AM

according to my knowledge Coins have their own blockchain chain for their functions.But tokens are build on another coins platform like ethereum,next,neo etc.lot of tokens build on Ethereum platform because of flexibility.

AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:10:54 AM

according to my knowledge Coins have their own blockchain chain for their functions.But tokens are build on another coins platform like ethereum,next,neo etc.lot of tokens build on Ethereum platform because of flexibility.
Fully agreed. Coins with own blockchains. Tokens - on platforms. It's conventional classification. How to get - bounty or buying is not important. It is qualitative difference!
Mr.Jovetic

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:15:00 AM

Hello everyone! as i read through the coin market is saw that there's a different window for the token market and coin market which made me wonder if there's a  difference. Right now, EOS leads the tokens while BTC leads the coins. I hope someone could explain this to me simply.

Coin used for trading, Token used for getting some benefits from the exact platform or project. That's simple.  Wink
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:21:28 AM

a crypto coin is  a coin, or means of payment, whilst a token has wider functionality. Simply put, Coin equals money token equals everything else. Coins are independent cryptocurrencies that do not require another platform to run, while Tokens are actually built on other platforms and they exist on that platform.
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:33:46 AM

Fully agreed. Coins with own blockchains. Tokens - on platforms. It's conventional classification. How to get - bounty or buying is not important. It is qualitative difference!

I also understand roughly the same. I just need to hunt for bounty and get a token or coin. Not interested in its technology.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:43:47 AM

An asset is being called tokens when it is under development or.it is in an ICO phase,commonly these tokens will be converted to a coin if the developers are ready to have a public sale or if it is going to be listed.in n exchange,it is almost the same thing with some differences,if.you bought your tokens in pre-ICO  and ICO sales you can get it converted to a coin if it.is listed in an exchange,and that is the main idea of tokens/coins.

cryptokath19

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:51:13 AM

Hello everyone! as i read through the coin market is saw that there's a different window for the token market and coin market which made me wonder if there's a  difference. Right now, EOS leads the tokens while BTC leads the coins. I hope someone could explain this to me simply.

As I understand, a coin is strictly a currency that can be traded, and accepted by people buying and selling things if those buyers and sellers choose to accept the coin. And a coin has its own blockchain as well.
But a token is something that can be built on another platform, like Ethereum based or ERC20 wallet (Myetherwallet) and a token actually plays role within the business operations and transactions of the company that issues it.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:32:20 PM

In my own perception the different between the words token and coins is that we called those things a token if this given to you a part of  your incentive or bonus being an appreciation to your contribution in there platform or fields and its is no contract address,symbol and decimal,while on the other hand we called its coin if there is an aggreement between the platform  and the exchange trading and have a contract address in the trading site,symbol and decimals.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:58:04 PM

Tokens are usually associated with the ERC-20 system.
Coin are usually built from scratch, they don't need to rely on Ethereum.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:07:02 PM

The biggest difference between coin and token is coins have their own blockchain but tokens develop on any other coins blockchain, like ERC-20 tokens, they develop on Ethereum blockchain.

Darin2

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:12:01 PM

Coins have their own blockchain, tokens are on platform.
For example Ethereum is a coin and on his blockchain we have many integrated tokens.
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:15:39 PM

Ethereum is a coin and all Altcoins that is ERC20 are tokens because it is using Ethereum's Blockchain core and smart contract and the top token that has more value is EOS. EOS and other ERC20 will be called tokens and the core blockchain will be called coins like Ethereum, NEO, Ripple, Waves and other main core blockchain in the market.
summonerrk

Activity: 1442
Merit: 780

Arts & Crypto

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:32:02 PM

I think that there is no big difference because Both are traded on exchanges and children are paid for Bounty of the company unless something Ten performs some of its more important role and the coin may not make sense

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Sudhik

Activity: 266
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:48:58 AM

• Altcoins
Coins (Alternative cryptocurrency) They’re often used interchangeably. Altcoins usually simply refers to coins that are an alternative to Bitcoin. The majority of altcoins are a variant (fork) of Bitcoin, built using Bitcoin’s open-sourced, original protocol with changes to its underlying codes, therefore conceiving an entirely new coin with a different set of features.
• Tokens
Tokens are a representation of a particular asset or utility, that usually resides on top of another blockchain. Tokens can represent basically any assets that are fungible and tradeable, from commodities to loyalty points to even other cryptocurrencies!
• The main difference between altcoins and tokens is in their structure; altcoins are separate currencies with their own separate blockchain while tokens operate on top of a blockchain that facilitates the creation of decentralized applications.
Wicmes[B]

Activity: 185
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:33:18 AM

All coins have their own blockchain. Perhaps this is the only thing that distinguishes them from each other
SameerSony

Activity: 211

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:45:27 AM

Coin have there own blockchain and it is used in the market for trading.Tokens develop on any coin blockchain which we get as a reward for doing bounty campaign of the project.
Aqcizromencez

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:15:42 AM

maybe the coin is built from scratch by performing complex coding. while for tokens do not need to create new blockchain from scratch simply create a template from a blockchain eg ethereum platform, and the process can occur with the existence of smart contract. only limited seoerti that I have ever heard ..

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: