Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way handle an airdrop?  (Read 218 times)
supertee (OP)

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:35:00 AM

Hi guys

I've been working on an on ERC20 project for a while now. It will take some more months and I won't tell what it is about.  Wink

But I want to implement an airdrop logic so everyone can get a free amount. It should be distributed free and fair.

So I would like to ask the community, how would you handle an airdrop? I will try to pick the best thoughts and put them toghether, so we might geht some good airdrop scheme.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. Smiley

Passion.
UnusualMouse

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:38:15 AM

I believe airdrops now asks many things before you can qualify. And this things are sometimes makes me think that its just a SCAM project. If you're really giving FREE you should lessen that. E.g. liking, commenting, sharing, mentions, etc.
supertee (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:40:58 AM

I believe airdrops now asks many things before you can qualify. And this things are sometimes makes me think that its just a SCAM project. If you're really giving FREE you should lessen that. E.g. liking, commenting, sharing, mentions, etc.

As soon as you have to comment or share or like, it is not free anymore. Just my opinion. Smiley Things like that are bounties.

Passion.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:43:44 AM

So I would like to ask the community, how would you handle an airdrop? I will try to pick the best thoughts and put them toghether, so we might geht some good airdrop scheme.

Airdrops are way simplier than all of us think. Create a google docs form where people can sign. It depends on you if you want to require people to like a page or follow a twitter account but I suggest not to require too many. Some airdrops require too many tasks. Lol. Primarily, all you will need is their eth address.

Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:48:24 AM

It is hard to judge, if you need them to do anything, just need a ETH address, then they will use multiple accounts to participate in, drop eventually to most of the drop to a few people's hands.
Perhaps it will be enough to have at least 0.1eth and Bitcointalk accounts on the ETH address.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
supertee (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:51:46 AM

Airdrops are way simplier than all of us think. Create a google docs form where people can sign. It depends on you if you want to require people to like a page or follow a twitter account but I suggest not to require too many. Some airdrops require too many tasks. Lol. Primarily, all you will need is their eth address.

It is hard to judge, if you need them to do anything, just need a ETH address, then they will use multiple accounts to participate in, drop eventually to most of the drop to a few people's hands.
Perhaps it will be enough to have at least 0.1eth and Bitcointalk accounts on the ETH address.

This is exactly the problem. If you just ask for an eth address, it won't be fair anymore. Somehow you need to include bitcointalk accounts.

I was also thinking about ETH addresses with transactions on it at an earlier date in combination with the bitcointalk profile.

Passion.
LuckyHopper18

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:55:35 AM

Asking for an Bitcointalk profile would much be appropriate, as others have said asking too many information will make an individual lose its interest no matter if its legit or not.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:00:36 AM

As soon as you have to comment or share or like, it is not free anymore. Just my opinion. Smiley Things like that are bounties.

But nowadays, many airdrops doing that things.
Before joining an airdrop, all participant at least follow or join their telegram group.

Road445

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:05:20 AM

This is exactly the problem. If you just ask for an eth address, it won't be fair anymore. Somehow you need to include bitcointalk accounts.

I was also thinking about ETH addresses with transactions on it at an earlier date in combination with the bitcointalk profile.

Perhaps by the number of the Bitcointalk activity and ETH address to determine the number of Airdrop, this is also a good idea, because more account hard to participate in, they can't be with the two conditions at the same time.

supertee (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:05:40 AM

But nowadays, many airdrops doing that things.
Before joining an airdrop, all participant at least follow or join their telegram group.

I don't intend to be like others. Smiley Just because most of the others do something, it doesn't have to be the right thing for me. Smiley

Passion.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:06:44 AM

Some high quality airdrop, need you to validate an ETH address with bitcointalk account. They ask participant to add their ETH address to "location field" on bitcointalk account. Its to prevent some participant using other bitcointalk account.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:07:29 AM

Hi guys

I've been working on an on ERC20 project for a while now. It will take some more months and I won't tell what it is about.  Wink

But I want to implement an airdrop logic so everyone can get a free amount. It should be distributed free and fair.

I think it is a good idea to do everything you can to prevent multi-accounting, so that everyone only gets one share. There are various methods you can use to help with this - although formal KYC is a step too far for an airdrop and might cause a lot of people to stay away.

Road445

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:07:40 AM

So, do you have a general idea now?
How do you determine the way to airdrops? I'm curious. Huh

alian17

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:09:25 AM

My opinion is to automatically detect the BTT Localtion field. Then the grade is above JR+.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
supertee (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:13:30 AM

Perhaps by the number of the Bitcointalk activity and ETH address to determine the number of Airdrop, this is also a good idea, because more account hard to participate in, they can't be with the two conditions at the same time.

I don't know about activity. I think this is not fair. Maybe someone just joined cryptos, he should get the same chance.

Some high quality airdrop, need you to validate an ETH address with bitcointalk account. They ask participant to add their ETH address to "location field" on bitcointalk account. Its to prevent some participant using other bitcointalk account.

My opinion is to automatically detect the BTT Localtion field. Then the grade is above JR+.

Maybe by sending a pm with the Address. I don't like it when people have to manipulate their profiles.

So, do you have a general idea now?
How do you determine the way to airdrops? I'm curious. Huh

Sure, but I will wait and sleep about it. Always the best.  Grin
Also during implementation there will be adjustments. I plan to store the whole airdrop in the blockchain.

Passion.
tachi641

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:22:20 AM

You need an eth address,  you need to include a bitcointalk profile. this would help to determine the number of Airdrop.
SkiOlya

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:40:24 AM

You need a bitcointalk profile, eth address and that each participant wrote message to you in PM or in the thread. Then check for everyone. It will take time and trouble, but the airdrop will be as honest as possible.
UnusualMouse

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:29:30 AM

You need an eth address,  you need to include a bitcointalk profile. this would help to determine the number of Airdrop.

If you'll just use Bitcointalk profile as a reference, it won't be fair anymore. As we know, there are many alts in here, and for sure they will register all their accounts for these kinds of opportunities.
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:32:46 AM

A telegram and bitcointalk involvement would do the job.
Bitcointalk account signifies involvement in cryptocurrency and telegram to large extent controls multiple entries by same person.
Deancooel1

Activity: 151

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:38:50 AM

I prefer to work on airdrop in google form, because there the process is not difficult .. and I hate airdrop who told to get refferal
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: