Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:01:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Further sell-off incoming  (Read 4476 times)
xavier (OP)

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:29:56 PM

Hi guys -

Just like to add a prediction for the price. Based on recent price movements, I think that we are going to see - over the next 2-3 weeks - a further sell-off in BTC, to below the 100 level.

I see the price stabilizing at around 90, barring any bullish news.

That's my prediction!

Cheers!
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 04:33:46 PM

I've been buying in very small chunks recently. Probably won't be buying more - unless the price dips to $90ish or lower. Definitely not selling at these firesale prices, however: lots of potentially bullish background news is brewing. I predict a minimum of about $400 by Juneish next year.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
FNG

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:05:48 PM

And I see large buyers showing up once the asks build up. They were hungry as fuck before..No reason to think they're still not hungry.

Wait for it..
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 07:25:38 PM

I can't post it nearly enough. Grin
FNG

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:54:29 PM

Doesn't match up at all...

Regretting not buying in yet?
Walsoraj

Activity: 686

Ultranode

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:56:35 PM

Gox withdrawal issues have prolonged "denial" stage many months. The net effect will be a much longer and deeper capitulation.
FNG

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:58:21 PM

Gox withdrawal issues have prolonged "denial" stage many months. The net effect will be a much longer and deeper capitulation.
lets just hope it happens before http://money2020.com/
lucas.sev

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:02:34 PM

Here is some help  Wink

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:05:54 PM

Here is some help  Wink

lol, do not be naive.
lucas.sev

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:17:43 PM

lol, do not be naive.

I'm not saying it will happen, I just wanted to help him see how they align, as he said 'doesn't match up at all' when it clearly does
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:20:30 PM

Hahahaha we aren't even into institutional investor phase yet you half-wits.

telemaco

Activity: 371

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:29:38 PM

Greenwald or his boyfriend will release new information soon that will be the final demise of bitcoin.
Probably one specific document between those 50.000 where clearly talks about Bitcoin & NSA.

Bitcoin will probably go to 0.1 zimbawaean (??) dollars. I am bullish though after that.

j/k Smiley

rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:39:22 PM

Hahahaha we aren't even into institutional investor phase yet you half-wits.

Your signature reads:

Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face.  --Mike Tyson

Are you ready for a punch in the face? Cause it's gonna be a kick in the nuts.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:50:38 PM

I do see a head and shoulders pattern forming so that would be about a 20 dollar drop from here. Capitulation? lol

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Walsoraj

Ultranode

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:28:09 PM

Capitulation = (1) acknowledgement of previous bubble (2) admission that bitcoin is over-priced and (3) extreme skepticism by almost everyone, including mega-bulls, that price will climb up steadily and/or a new bubble will form.

Suppose we flash-crash to single digits within 24 hours. This is not capitulation. The crash is too quick to dry up all the fiat. Enough would remain for an immediate flood of buys in anticipation of a reverse flash upward, effectively forming a new bubble.

Real capitulation will come in one of two ways:

(1) very very slow ride down, lasting months or maybe years; or

(2) flash crash to single digits or cents, and price remaining within that range for months or maybe years.

Pick your poison. One is most definitely on the horizon. I'm leaning towards (2) but only if we see repeated flash crashing over shorter and shorter periods. This will quickly dry up any remaining fiat sitting on the exchanges and discourage new depositors.
telemaco

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:11:29 PM

Capitulation = (1) acknowledgement of previous bubble (2) admission that bitcoin is over-priced and (3) extreme skepticism by almost everyone, including mega-bulls, that price will climb up steadily and/or a new bubble will form.

Suppose we flash-crash to single digits within 24 hours. This is not capitulation. The crash is too quick to dry up all the fiat. Enough would remain for an immediate flood of buys in anticipation of a reverse flash upward, effectively forming a new bubble.

Real capitulation will come in one of two ways:

(1) very very slow ride down, lasting months or maybe years; or

(2) flash crash to single digits or cents, and price remaining within that range for months or maybe years.

Pick your poison. One is most definitely on the horizon. I'm leaning towards (2) but only if we see repeated flash crashing over shorter and shorter periods. This will quickly dry up any remaining fiat sitting on the exchanges and discourage new depositors.

Not going to happen. Heck even politicians are going to start getting bitcoins for their campaigns really soon (2014):

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-05/bitcoin-and-politics-what-could-go-wrong-.html
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:17:29 PM

Since when did you become such a megabear Walsoraj? I thought you were the opposite of Jaroslaw but it turns out you're even worse lol. Anyway I see no reason for a real capitulation anymore, I really wonder what has transformed you from megabull to megabear. Both are delusional ofcourse. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
telemaco

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:19:53 PM

Since when did you become such a megabear Walsoraj? I thought you were the opposite of Jaroslaw but it turns out you're even worse lol. Anyway I see no reason for a real capitulation anymore, I really wonder what has transformed you from megabull to megabear. Both are delusional ofcourse. Tongue

Any doctor will tell you that is not good to have the head downwards for so long. He is probably confused.
Walsoraj

Ultranode

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:29:08 PM

I was overcome by the force of pure reason.

And I sold by coins.
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:41:35 PM

Always fun to read people make wild predictions on the price based on just how they are feeling.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: