Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 12:17:41 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for Poker Home Games  (Read 742 times)
GoWest (OP)

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 08:15:07 AM

I just came home after playing poker with some friends.  The way we play is that everyone exchanges $20 (or more) for chips and at the end of the night, you exchange the chips you've won for a portion of the total money collected at the beginning of the night.  It's a total pain-in-the-ass because if your chips don't add up to a round number, it's difficult to pay each person exactly what they're owed, unless someone bought in with a bunch of small bills.

I was thinking, if everyone used bitcoin, it would be so much easier.  We could create a "house" account that everyone pays into at the beginning of the night (let's say, 1.5btc or so).  At the end of the night, you get paid back a portion of the money out of the account commensurate with the number of chips won.  There's no need to figure out how to make change so that everyone is paid off fairly.

Unfortunately not everyone in my poker group is geeky enough to buy into bitcoin just yet, but I can see it happening eventually.

Good riddance, cash!!

LTCPoker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 02:01:13 PM

you could just play on laptops at home then,

Or for litecoin on http://ltcpoker.eu

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: