Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:19:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people on forums so mean and harsh?  (Read 395 times)
rohanshinde

Activity: 44
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:01:06 PM
Merited by insculpt (1)

It's fine if newbies ask same questions over and over again. What I think is that more senior members can either ignore them and don't answer. This way they have to dig up themselves. If they continue the same question over and over again opening a thread for it, they can be reported to moderator. But what I think is there is no need to show any hostility towards anyone even if it's new member. Remember even the seniors were new at some point. The members are senior here not only because they've got a account here before anyone else but for they possess some good skills which they can utilise in helping others instead of showing hostility towards anyone.
It's not against the rules to ask questions which was already asked and answered. So, there would be no point to report such threads. Yes, we can ignore such questions, but many people still answering - some are just posting for their signature campaign. Others are showing hostility, but still, usually they give correct answer Smiley

i really really hope we newbies can give (-) to users like that. we newbies is trying hard to learn here so please don't make it harder, don't make us give up to learn here. both spammer and bad user who bullied newbies should get some punishment for their bad attitudes. those people who act like a boss, like a master and bullying the newbies are worst, equal to the spammer.  Angry
Newbies also can leave negative feedbacks. But only feedbacks left by DT members affect user trust score. Basically, feedbacks left by you and me have same "power".
Personally, I also don't like users who acting like a boss just because that they have high rank. But my point is that should a bit more effort before asking questions. If you know how to use Google, I'm sure you can find answers to some basic questions which we are seeing on bitcointalk daily.
Personally, I've learned almost everything that I know about bitcoin myself without asking many questions. You just need to read, read and read. And repeat it daily.
Fully agree with you boss...Actually it's nothing against anyone newbie or not...if a person wants to learn something they can find N number of ways to do that...

⚡ DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡[/url (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1553108)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
totieimbang

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:30:04 PM

I am a new member. I came to bitcointalk because someone referred me here. As I have been reading posts and commenting. I have noticed a general attitude especially by the more senior members of the community. There is a lot of hostility going on and I don't know why. You are leaders of the community and that means you should guide newbies gently. Allow them time to grow, and most importantly, allow them to be the babies that they are, to make mistakes and learn from them.

You were once newbies also, you also made mistakes and you probably still do. Why are you being so harsh, there is a lot of information to learn on this platform and it's hard to know everything in the first month. Yes, there are a lot of stupid people who have bad intentions or whose motives are misplaced. But please don't paint everyone with the same color. Some people are lazy by nature, they will ask questions instead of doing research, but be kind to them and educate them in a gentle way.

I see people being labeled bad because they joined a sig campaign or because they are motivated by money. Why not educate the people how to go about their business on this platform and please do it gently. I know a lot of you will hate me for this post but why?

If you are a senior member and you agree with me, show your support. We need to eliminate hostility, spamming, hate, plagiarism, meanness and all the bad from this platform. We are a community of people from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds. We need to tolerate one another and live in harmony, peace, and abundance.
it because they already know the platform tjat s why they are arrogant and cannot ask questions from them they did not know whats they are doing its because they  put on their mind to earn and earn and who you begginners i dont mind you they minding only there own  business.
mayo2u

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:57:14 PM
Merited by TryNinja (1)

I am a new member. I came to bitcointalk because someone referred me here. As I have been reading posts and commenting. I have noticed a general attitude especially by the more senior members of the community. There is a lot of hostility going on and I don't know why. You are leaders of the community and that means you should guide newbies gently. Allow them time to grow, and most importantly, allow them to be the babies that they are, to make mistakes and learn from them.

You were once newbies also, you also made mistakes and you probably still do. Why are you being so harsh, there is a lot of information to learn on this platform and it's hard to know everything in the first month. Yes, there are a lot of stupid people who have bad intentions or whose motives are misplaced. But please don't paint everyone with the same color. Some people are lazy by nature, they will ask questions instead of doing research, but be kind to them and educate them in a gentle way.

I see people being labeled bad because they joined a sig campaign or because they are motivated by money. Why not educate the people how to go about their business on this platform and please do it gently. I know a lot of you will hate me for this post but why?

If you are a senior member and you agree with me, show your support. We need to eliminate hostility, spamming, hate, plagiarism, meanness and all the bad from this platform. We are a community of people from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds. We need to tolerate one another and live in harmony, peace, and abundance.

I have been on this forum for years. (Lurking until recently). I have not noticed hostility from senior members or anyone else except when it comes to spam posts and nonsense posts. I see people are generally very kind to people asking specific questions. "I'm having problems with this wallet." "Where can I find an exchange that accepts people from country X"

However the noise to music ratio has dropped considerably lately. There are far too many silly posts of the "how can I become a full-member?" variety. Or "How can I make money on airdrops?"  or "Can you recommend an ICO for someone with no money to invest?"

I have little to no patience with those. I, personally,  simply ignore them but they are tiresome. It may be useful if bitcointalk takes a few pointers from stackexchange on how to weed out spam and other foolish posts.

Ms Emi

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

Complete transparency on your charitable donations

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:08:07 PM
Merited by insculpt (1)

I believe most of the harsh comment and answer are from high rank like legendary people, oa oa.
Just ignore them, just mind the helpful ideas.

G i f t c o i n  ♥  Small change. Big impact.
ICO: 20th March 2018 (https://www.giftcoin.org/)
baileym

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:50:32 AM

Most of the harsh treatment I've seen is when a member calls out a scam.  Usually the scam involves a newbie with activity between 0-4.  They are called out on the scam and they get pretty irate.  Hopefully this gets them out of the forum as we definitely don't need these people around.

I have seen as stated above people getting mad about the same question asked over and over.  Try a search for your question first.  Spend 10 minutes at least to see if the answer is already in a post.  Of course there are always those who just can't hold their temper or just had a bad week and taking it out on whoever annoys them first.

I understand the Members who are annoyed by seeing the same post for millionth time.  It's already getting old for me and I haven't been on here very long.  Let us lower ranking members answer.  Find an answer that is good, then give them a merit or two.  You don't have to answer the same question again, give credit to the post, and help someone level up.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: