Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 02:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I ordered a Butterfly Rig. I wish I joined this forum a few day ago.  (Read 1986 times)
dragonkid (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:02:14 PM

Hello all,

I am a Newbie from UK - If only I joined this forum a few days earlier. I just ordered a Butterfly Lab Rig a few days ago. Then I joined this forum today, and discovered that the delivery date for a Butterfly Lab Rig can take up to 12 months. I paid it using paypal and back by a Visa Debit card. How can I get a refund? Since it is only a few days and still within the time limit for Paypal refund dispute?

I have already file a claim via Paypal to Butterfly Lab. Should I also contact my Debit card company and ask if they can refund this? What other action can I take?

Please help.

Thanks

Dragonkid

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:04:07 PM

Maybe this could be helpful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0;topicseen

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Magazine

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:07:40 PM

Your CC provider will generally tell you to deal with it via PayPal, but you can ask them I guess.
chowder

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:19:25 PM

Good thing you used a reversible form of payment!

If Paypal/BFL doesn't want to issue a refund, call your bank and tell them you want to dispute a charge (chargeback).
dragonkid (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:22:52 PM

Good thing you used a reversible form of payment!

If Paypal/BFL doesn't want to issue a refund, call your bank and tell them you want to dispute a charge (chargeback).

Thank you for your replies. I have read the thread which you have kindly supplied to me. I will try and follow those actions, and hopefully I can get my refund soon.

Another question. If Butterfly Lab Rig is such a scam. What do other people use to mine their bitcoin? Using ASICMINER Erupter USB, or good old fashion GPU?

Thanks

Dragonkid

Magazine

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:26:14 PM

Thank you for your reply. I have read the thread which you have kindly supplied to me. I will try and follow those actions, and hopefully I can get my refund soon.

Another question. If Butterfly Lab Rig is such a scam. What do other people use to mine their bitcoin? Using ASICMINER Erupter USB, or good old fashion GPU?

Thanks

Dragonkid

Those ASIC USB will never ROI as in you will never get the money you spent on them back though mining.

GPU mining Bitcoin at this day and age will not ROI either.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 07:34:52 PM

Pretty sure your dispute will go in your favour if you provide everything paypal asks -
dragonkid (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:38:38 PM

I just got this through Paypal:

From Seller – BF Labs Inc.08/09/2013 22:04 BST
Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs. According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final. Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed. Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I told them that I am going to complaint to Paypal, that BFL failed to deliver, denied my refund request, and violated PayPal's Terms of Service for pre-order sales. If they don't refund my order!!

Magazine

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:45:44 PM

I think they are saying since they are shipping those orders are not refundable due to them not actually being pre orders anymore.

I guess it's time to call VISA and charge back the payment, I guess PayPal won't be happy you're doing that tho.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:51:26 PM

I just got this through Paypal:

From Seller – BF Labs Inc.08/09/2013 22:04 BST
Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs. According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final. Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed. Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I told them that I am going to complaint to Paypal, that BFL failed to deliver, denied my refund request, and violated PayPal's Terms of Service for pre-order sales. If they don't refund my order!!
A sale can be final only if you've got what you paid for. I can't believe there are still people ordering from BFL crooks. Where did you learn about them?

The Manual - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136615.0
dragonkid (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:24:38 PM

I think they are saying since they are shipping those orders are not refundable due to them not actually being pre orders anymore.

I guess it's time to call VISA and charge back the payment, I guess PayPal won't be happy you're doing that tho.

Should I wait a few days and escalate to Paypal? Then contact Visa if Paypal fail?  Huh

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:30:47 PM

Should I wait a few days and escalate to Paypal? Then contact Visa if Paypal fail?  Huh
Don't wait. Ask PayPal for a refund immediately. They know very well that BFL are crooks.
Magazine

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:32:53 PM

Best way to deal with PayPal is phone them, sending them a e-mail and waiting for disputes to be handled online is painful to watch.

How much do BFL owe you OP.
dragonkid (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:46:17 PM

Actually I got good news. After reading the advice from you about calling Visa for Charge Back. I called the Visa Fraud Team. They looked at my account and told me that unfortunately it is not fraud, because I put the payment detail myself. Then she said but the payment haven't actually gone through yet. So she gave me an advice, she said she can transfer me to another department and tell them to cancel my card, and re-issue me a new card numbers, that way no one can take money out of my account, since Paypal haven't took my money yet.

So I know Paypal will be piss off. But this is the quickest way and I guess I am lucky that the money actually never left my bank account yet. I think I am going to call Paypal now and let them know.  Grin

Magazine

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:51:56 PM

Actually I got good news. After reading the advice from you about calling Visa for Charge Back. I called the Visa Fraud Team. They looked at my account and told me that unfortunately it is not fraud, because I put the payment detail myself. Then she said but the payment haven't actually gone through yet. So she gave me an advice, she said she can transfer me to another department and tell them to cancel my card, and re-issue me a new card numbers, that way no one can take money out of my account, since Paypal haven't took my money yet.

So I know Paypal will be piss off. But this is the quickest way and I guess I am lucky that the money actually never left my bank account yet. I think I am going to call Paypal now and let them know.  Grin

This will put your PayPal account in negative credit and they will try get their goons on to you and harass you with phone calls and letters.

You will have to say bye bye to PayPal if you do that, unless they charge back the money from BFL.
dragonkid (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:56:14 PM

I tried to call Paypal. But their phone line is closed, so I need to call them again tomorrow to explain to them that I lost my card. And also tell them I want to them to resolve the BFL dispute before I give them a new card number. Once they have resolve it then, I will give them a new card number.

umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:57:11 PM

Butterfly Lab has either to ship in reasonable manner like 3 business days or refund money immediatelly. Seems as scam to try block your money and delay the shippment to their will.
dragonkid (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:09:43 PM

Is KncMiner any better? I am thinking of getting their miner next. Are they also a scam?

horsea

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:10:03 PM

are you seroius?
dragonkid (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:17:03 PM

are you seroius?

I am serious, but I have learn my lesson so going to do more research first. Not like last time.  Embarrassed

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: