Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:39:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is there so many DeepOnion haters in the bitcointalk forums?  (Read 71 times)
simsamsum (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:27:34 PM

I am a long time investor in cryptos. I started investing back in 2012 when BTC was hovering around 50-200USD/BTC. Lately, I have been investing quite a large sum of my portfolio into DeepOnion. I do know that this coin likely will be high risk/ high reward, but I truly believe that privacy coins will be one of the buzzwords within the crypto world in 2018/2019.

I frequently browse bitcointalk and whenever I see a post about DeepOnion it often has a lot of negative comments towards the community and the coin it self. I know that currently DO does not really offer anything that Monero / Spectre / Zcoin does not, and Deepsend and Deepvault will be the first "unique features" for DO.

Why is it that some of you feel so negative about this coin? And please do not start shredding me to pieces just because I have a deeponion signature. I get to be part of the Deeponion Airdrop doing so, so I might as well add it instead of not having any signature at all.

I have probably spent ~100 hours researching everything I could about this particular coin, and still I didn't get the impression that there was anything wrong with either the community nor the dev team.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:32:42 PM

To be honest, I can not understand why this is so. Personally, I'm very good at the DeepOnion project. because I'm very interested in the topic of anonymity. Just because it's interesting to me.
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:35:01 PM

Probably all the spaming and for myself I just can't stand the name. DeepOnion and xspec have the biggest spaming copy/paste community here on bitcointalk. People get tired of it.
simsamsum (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:42:08 PM

I definitely agree. When you have monetary incentive for people to make posts (airdrop) you quickly get a lot of low quality content e.g. shitposts, just like you do with affiliate networks.. I told recommended the DO community to have some kind of quality check for each of the Airdrop participants to make sure that there wont be too much of this kind of copy/paste content, and so far it seem to be working - slowly.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:03:15 PM

Deep onion promotes privacy. I have lots of friends who supports deep onion. I myself am a believer of deep onion. Well, i can understand why some people would think twice about investing in deep onion and why its been bad mouthed so many times. Looking at its platform as untraceable then it would look as if its more appealing to people who are thinking of illegal activities.

GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:05:03 PM

Actually, their project is good they have good concept and they also have a solid community. It's just that I hear the issue that deeponion copies the source code of another crypto and as described by some of the above people. You can read here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2096277
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: