Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:05:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is sending money by IBAN reversible?  (Read 800 times)
HereToTrade (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 07:09:54 PM

Is sending money by IBAN reversible? I am planning to sell a good bit of my bitcoins but don't want to get chargedback.

If you know any other ways that cant be reversed please let me know.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:19:18 PM

Yes, if the payment is fraudulent and the bank requests the payment back or the person sending convinces their bank that their account was hacked to try gain free Bitcoin.

My advice is to sell with cash deposit, people put actual cash in your account so it's safe.
HereToTrade (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 08:46:43 PM

Yes, if the payment is fraudulent and the bank requests the payment back or the person sending convinces their bank that their account was hacked to try gain free Bitcoin.

My advice is to sell with cash deposit, people put actual cash in your account so it's safe.
But how do I know that the person made a cash deposit or just transferred the money?

I was thinking about using paypal for small trades. Even is small trades I don't want to lose my bitcoins and get chargedback. Anyone who got has experience with being charged back after bitcoin sale please tell me what the buyer would complain about to get the his money back? It cant be that hard to prove that you send the bitcoins to him, right? Anyway I just want to be ready and know what I am facing just in case someone does demand a chargeback.
Magazine

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:49:18 PM

But how do I know that the person made a cash deposit or just transferred the money?

I was thinking about using paypal for small trades. Even is small trades I don't want to lose my bitcoins and get chargedback. Anyone who got has experience with being charged back after bitcoin sale please tell me what the buyer would complain about to get the cashback? It cant be that hard to prove that you send the bitcoins to him, right? Anyway I just want to be ready and know what I am facing just in case someone does open a dispute.

PayPal don't support BTC transactions, and it's so easy to dispute you will mostly lose every time.

Also it will show up as DEP or something on your bank statement.

Banks won't care about a Blockchain.info transaction showing you sent the Bitcoin.
gooryheta

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:54:40 PM

Bank wires can be unfortunatelly reversed in rare cases

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
UMP-45

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:55:07 PM

If he files an unauthorized charge dispute, they'll investigate the transaction and see if it was unauthorized or not, after they notice that he has made the transaction, then he won't be able to complete the dispute.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:18:18 AM

I was thinking about using paypal for small trades. Even is small trades I don't want to lose my bitcoins and get chargedback. Anyone who got has experience with being charged back after bitcoin sale please tell me what the buyer would complain about to get the his money back? It cant be that hard to prove that you send the bitcoins to him, right? Anyway I just want to be ready and know what I am facing just in case someone does demand a chargeback.

I only buy and sell for paypal, and have had lots of experience with charge backs. It is easy to prove the transaction unfortunately none of the proof available is accepted by paypal, they only want to see shipping info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: