Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet for Etherium  (Read 387 times)
ryker6688 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:16:39 PM

what is a safe wallet for storing ethereum after getting paid from ICO?

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
emanbea07

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:21:55 PM

For me the wallet much better for ico is myetherwallet if the tokens is name erc20 because erc20 is compatible of myetherwallet.
virtualhero

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:27:30 PM

Myetherwallet is the best wallet for Ethereum so far. While you can use Metamask for online transactions to avoid phishing. You can import your Myetherwallet to Metamask.
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:31:36 PM

Well the MyEtherWallet is obvious answer. One of the best and the most useful. Read about it more, millions are already using it and that's not a joke.
ShadyMash
Copper Member

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

https://wesp.io

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:38:44 PM

hardware wallets like ledger nano and trezor are the best erc20 compatible wallets.because they can't be hacked and very safe.and also myetherwallet is the best web wallet we can see lot of people use. because it is very safe and easy to use.but keep in mind when using web wallets like myetherwallet there is a posibility for been phished.so it is good to bookmark correct url of the site.don't give your private keys to suspicious links send by scammers.

Nariza

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:40:44 PM

I used Myetherwallet and so far there's nothing wrong with this wallet. You only need to do is keep safe your private key for assurance that your token is safe. My suggestion is don't give it to others.
Hipag

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:46:01 PM

Almost every body using myetherwallet I think one of the best and safe.
boonsterx

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:47:19 PM

Use a hardware wallet like ledger nano s or a trezor if you have anything more than 5 ETH. This will allow you to safekeep your investments so that hackers cant get to your private keys.

Myetherwallet is good.. but you must be careful when you are clicking on links as scammers can just send you a phishing link that looks like myetherwallet but it brings you to a fake site. This is a common scam... and cos you enter your private key when you unlock you wallet at myetherwallet.. if it is a phishing site, you would have revealed it to whoever is behind the fake site. This is the only danger I can think of for myetherwallet.

For cold storage, nothing beats a hardware wallet like ledger.

dumbfounded22

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:50:18 PM

Already wrote here in the one hundred thousandths times.
MyEtherWallet.
Developers of the wallet Myetherwallet claim that it is not an online repository of broadcasts but only a service that helps you get through the browser access to coins stored in your computer's memory. In this case, the user doesn't risk using his own resources since they're not transferred for storage to a third-party resource and all access keys are stored only from him. Uniquely, the service has its advantages, so many users prefer it to other wallets.
ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:51:33 PM

Myetherwallet is the best wallet for Ethereum so far. While you can use Metamask for online transactions to avoid phishing. You can import your Myetherwallet to Metamask.

I definitely agree with you...myetherwallet (MEW) is dangerous for security reasons (they also warn you about
potential risks when you use your private keys with MEW) and Metamask is the way to go for online transactions

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
thomas_kunkel

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:52:32 PM

I recommend using MetaMask. Quite good and easy to use.
kriticko29

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:52:48 PM

MEW or Myetherwallet is enough i think. They generate a UTC file in which only you could access and make some messages or notifications that will teach you the things that you shouldn't do in order to make your tokens safe. I think MEW is a great wallet. It will just depend on you whether you would give to someone else your private key or just keep it into yourself.
k-west

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:53:27 PM

Im using Myetherwallet for airdrops and bounties and cold storage wallet ledger nano s for Etherium and other cryptocurrencies.Im holding some etherium and btc for trading on the exchanges too.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:58:07 PM

I use MyEtherwallet to store my ethereum coins after ICO distribution
which I feel using MyEtherwallet is very safe and very convenient in receiving and sending ethereum to the market
azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:59:38 PM

I prefer to use myetherwallet (MEW), it's easier to use for beginners and more secure I think, but be careful with the private key that we have, many fake airdrops try to steal our private key, sometimes they tell us to fill the private key on the form, never do it.
even if you want to log in to your mew, always log in via keystore/JSON file instead private key, and be aware of fake login mew (phishing).
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:00:53 PM

I am definitely a fan of MEW.  It works really well and lets you keep track of many other tokens as well.  Just make sure you keep your keys confidential and you should not have any issues.
yonghongtang

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:02:24 PM

https://www.myetherwallet.com/ , remember to keep your private key safe , do not let others know your private key ,don't go to any fishing webs.
alaricoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:06:47 PM

for sure myetherwallet. but by far the safest of all is the original wallet of ethereum crypto offile and without ever communicating the private key to any...
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:20:51 PM

First option can be MEW if you are not planning to hold your coin and wait for full development of the said project, but if you are looking /aiming for long term holding then   hardware wallet like ledger nano s or a trezor might be much better to use as you can safely keep your coin inside your computer, you might need to read more about the token before deciding as we do have different perceptions regarding to those project especially when it came to ICO coins, good luck to you though.
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:21:26 PM

The saftest way of storing ETH is probably using a Ledger nano S... I use one myself. You can access MEW with his to gain access to tokens but can also gain store BTC and ETH on the actual device. Having this in play will be a good bedrock of making sure scammers don't steal your crypto.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: