Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking For Writers!!!  (Read 1785 times)
silvergoldandbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 01:24:34 AM

Hello all. I need some writers (hopefully at least 5) to write posts for my new website BestOfBitcoinTalk.com

The articles will basically be summaries (in the writers own words of course) of significant threads here on the BitcoinTalk forums.

The point is to keep articles short and sweet, and relevant to recent events happening here on the BitcoinTalk forums.

Writers will be required to present their opinion on the thread, as well as a suggestion or two for the Original Poster, or other posting member.

For example:

A good article would summarize the thread's Original Post in 200 words or less. Then the writer would add a summary of the other posts that add value to the conversation in 200 words or less. Then the writer would give his opinion on the topic, and any suggestions the writer has for the Original Poster, and other members.

The posts must be of good quality to be accepted. A post that covers a "Troll thread" or that bad-mouths any user of the forums will not be considered to be of "good quality"

The posts will be crowd funded. Readers will have the option to use a tip widget to tip writers for posts they enjoyed.

As this website is just getting off the ground, I'm offering 0.025 BTC for each article that meets my criteria, and gets published on the website, for the first 10 articles. Each article will still of course be able to be given tips for, so 0.025 BTC is not necessarily all an article will earn.

You (as a writer) can earn up to 3 of the first article bonuses, but you can submit as many articles as you want!

If you would like more info, or would like to join the team of writers, please email me at bestofbitcointalk@gmail.com, PM me here, or reply to this thread.

If you would like a faster response please email me, I get them sent to my phone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 01:40:37 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 01:56:22 AM by mindtomatter

Great idea, looking forward to seeing the project develop!

What kind of license will these be released under?  I would like to run important ones at letstalkbitcoin.com and would of course embed the authors tip address in our system

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:24:57 AM

Great idea, looking forward to seeing the project develop!

What kind of license will these be released under?  I would like to run important ones at letstalkbitcoin.com and would of course embed the authors tip address in our system

Mindtomatter what an honor it is to speak to you! I listen to every episode of your podcast, basically the day they come out!

Thank you for the question. I'd love to hear your suggestions. This license is what I'm considering right now:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

But as I am new to licensing, I am curious; can I license the entire website? Or must I license each article individually?

As for allowing you to run some important ones on letstalkbitcoin.com, I would be happy to!

Of course as long as you do not alter the articles in any way. Including the tip widget for the author, and the website.

Ron Swanson

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:08:15 PM

I'm not sure what you could offer that Buttcoin.org doesn't already  Huh

I mean, he already grabs the finest this forum has to offer.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:10:31 PM

U should be using Devcoin for this, that is the purpose of the coin in the first place.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 05:21:24 PM

Still looking for writers?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:50:05 PM

The idea of this is to summarize threads on bitcointalk.org?  Is that right?

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 01:41:13 AM

Still looking for writers?

As far as I can tell there will be room for more writers for a long time.

Please email bestofbitcointalk@gmail.com for more info. I'd love to have you on the team!

The idea of this is to summarize threads on bitcointalk.org?  Is that right?

That is correct. The whole point is to write short, sweet, and to-the-point articles on current threads that are important to the bitcoin community.

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:45:48 AM

I'm not sure what you could offer that Buttcoin.org doesn't already  Huh

I mean, he already grabs the finest this forum has to offer.

1. After a quick skim of buttcoin, it appears that the posting frequency is roughly once a week on average. I'm aiming for at least once a day on average.

2. Anyone can contribute! Anyone who wishes to post an article can email me at bestofbitcointalk@gmail.com to join the writing team!

Those wishing to keep fairly up-to-date with the goings-on in the bitcoin community, but not have to dig through the forum, will find bestofbitcointalk.com extremely useful!

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:58:17 AM

This looks like a good way to skip through some of the highlights Cheesy Its like watching nba countdown after that days games are over Cheesy favorited.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 03:46:10 PM

cool idea man, anywhere i can send some frk to this project?

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:21:39 PM

This looks like a good way to skip through some of the highlights Cheesy Its like watching nba countdown after that days games are over Cheesy favorited.

Glad you enjoy it!

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:23:32 PM

cool idea man, anywhere i can send some frk to this project?

I'm afraid I don't have a frk wallet. If you would like to support the site with bitcoin, you can via this address:

1KtKSCvMAiyWSXX3L3s6DqUjd15GFpcaGZ

Thanks!

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:26:57 PM

Very detailed article by Dreamweaver is now live!

http://bestofbitcointalk.com/2013/09/17/a-potential-innovative-system-of-price-stability/

ManicMeddler

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:27:40 AM

Awesome idea, I don't know if I could bring much to the table mind. I'll certainly give it some consideration though. I still don't understand how you will monetize it yourself though, how will you be able to make coin from it to pay people?

Best of Luck

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:13:41 PM

Looks good thus far. Good domain, which is very easy to remember. Easy way to get a summary of the headlines. Maybe, you should recruit writers yourself. Look for people who give good feedback on threads within the comments and ask if they would consider being a writer. I know a lot of them would jump at the opportunity.
crescendo

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

You can contact to me, I give you fresh and unique articles.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:48:38 PM

Awesome idea, I don't know if I could bring much to the table mind. I'll certainly give it some consideration though. I still don't understand how you will monetize it yourself though, how will you be able to make coin from it to pay people?

Best of Luck

Currently the articles are crowd funded. Appreciative readers give tips to the authors who wrote articles they enjoyed.

That system will remain in place, however when the website gets more traffic, I will be placing small ads. The ad revenue will be split between me and the writers for each individual article.

In other words each writer will earn a percentage (I'm thinking 75%) of income from the ads that show on the same page as their article.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:49:16 PM

Looks good thus far. Good domain, which is very easy to remember. Easy way to get a summary of the headlines. Maybe, you should recruit writers yourself. Look for people who give good feedback on threads within the comments and ask if they would consider being a writer. I know a lot of them would jump at the opportunity.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm glad you like the site!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:56:53 AM

Hello all! just wanted to post to let you know that anyone can receive updates on new articles being released by following Best of Bitcoin Talk's Twitter!

@BestOfBT

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 03:42:20 PM

Suggestion:

Have the URL in [Original Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291108.0] linkable, opening in a different tab.
ndsdb

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:58:35 PM

I am planning to submit an article. Am I?

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:17:41 AM

More articles are live! Please support the authors by leaving a tip!

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: