Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:35:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This crypto-millionaire bought a Lamborghini for $115 thanks to bitcoin  (Read 173 times)
alyssa85 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:59:14 PM

The lambo meme has reached CNBC (and thus the masses):

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-millionaires-are-buying-lamborghinis-with-cryptocurrency.html

Musicians and star athletes come to shop for luxury cars at MotorCars of Georgia, a dealership just outside of Atlanta.

Quavious Marshall, better known as Quavo of local rap group Migos, bought a Silica White McLaren 720S from there in November. Ricardo Lockette, a retired Seattle Seahawk wide receiver, posed for an Instagram photo with a blue Lamborghini Huracan in December. Even Shaquille O'Neal has stopped by.

Last fall, the dealership also got a visit from Peter Saddington, a seemingly unassuming 35-year-old coder who is neither a rapper nor a celebrity.

He caught the attention of the dealership though — and the internet — by cashing in 45 bitcoins to drive away with a $200,000 2015 Lamborghini Huracan with a white matte wrap and race exhaust features. Thanks to an early interest in cryptocurrencies, buying those 45 bitcoin cost Saddington less than $115.

The bitcoin enthusiast's Lamborghini purchase isn't just a crazy bargain. It reflects a trend of the new rich spending their cryptowealth on the Italian super car.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:25:03 PM

If I was his place, I would have remained  invested and purchased the whole company after 10 years. That will be possible when Bitcoin reaches 10 million mark or more in future.
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:42:41 PM

That's really nice for him. In its place, I would invest in more coins with a small portion of the money, but save most of the money.
You never know when the next (important) bill will come. I would not have bought a Lambo. I would have rather bought a property and a simple car. Then the future is actually very safe.  Wink

Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:51:57 PM

This is enough for anyone to shout out loudly "I want to go back to 2011 and buy a lot of bitcoin" including me.  Grin

If I were him I will invest those amount in different alts and ICO rather than buying a lamborghini.  Wink
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

very lucky to the people who was invested and buy bitcoin at the past. now they got the result from his patience, as a pioneer also the winner. i hope im not late, by investing some money to this industry  Smiley

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:01:14 PM

Wee seen more this memes in the future, now peoples seriously look at HODL scheme

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:25:39 PM

Wee seen more this memes in the future, now peoples seriously look at HODL scheme
That's a nice purchase, I figure that he has enough money to pay for the maintenance and the gas and all that? he should be happy with his purchase, thanks for the article.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

A great purchase and well-deserved for his patience. Though it's good that some people can buy luxury items using their hard-earned bitcoins, it poses some kind of an image that bitcoin is always the easiest way to riches, that's why there are tons of people jumping on board without even knowing that there are still risks accompanied with their purchase of bitcoins. i knew some people who bought bitcoin because of this exact same mindset: they'll get their retirement fund through bitcoin in the next months or so. Nevertheless, a good purchase and shows that bitcoin is regarded by luxury car dealers as one payment method aside from fiat.
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:57:09 PM

I keep seeing people always mention about Lamborghini. I know it has became like the symbol of wealth. But what is the point of getting one in my country when there are so many cars that you hardly got any chance to drive fast. In fact, using the money for other things are even better den getting Lamborghini.

alyssa85 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:00:53 PM

If I was his place, I would have remained  invested and purchased the whole company after 10 years. That will be possible when Bitcoin reaches 10 million mark or more in future.

If I was in his place, I'd have remained quiet and not spashed my name across all the press.  I expect people were asking him how he could afford his Lambo, and he couldn't say, "my day job gave me a rise", so he had to tell them the truth.

This is the downside with these types of cars - they attract attention to you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
arnbrd

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:04:01 PM

If I was his place, I would have remained  invested and purchased the whole company after 10 years. That will be possible when Bitcoin reaches 10 million mark or more in future.

That is what people tend to say, just like for the 10 000BTC pizza, but what people are forgetting is that if they bought them at such a little price and made a fortune out of it, they probably have much more and it represents only a fraction of their wealth.

galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:22:58 PM

Such a waste of money. I cannot understand what pleasures can one drive from such fancy cars. It is good for showoff maximum for a month.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:49:41 PM

He can reinvest this money and buy 3 Lamborghinis)But, maybe, if you wanna live here and now this the best decision)
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 12:04:45 AM

Why crypto-millionaires buying Lamborghini so often, why not Ferrari, Bugatti or other supercar? Cheesy
When I saw this article, I remember a similar story which I had read on local press few weaks ago. In my country one guy also bought Lamborghini Huracan. Short story about him - son of rich parents build Ethereum mining farm in old swimming pool. Then he started to promote his cloud mining service (he have great marketing skills to be honest). But investment plans that he offering are terrible, but somehow he attracted lot of naive investors. And less than year passed and was able to buy Lambo from profit that he made. Offcourse, he have lot of haters, because he always block people on social network who write negative comments about him and his service. I also don't like him, but I'm really amazed how much money he made from crypto.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:31:14 AM

This news provides more motivation for me to be able to get bitcoin as much as possible because I also want to succeed like others who have gained a lot of profit by using bitcoin although all this time I've got some benefit from using bitcoin maybe I can be spelled greedy because still have not been satisfied to get the other benefits of bitcoin to spend on various things that have been my dreams.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:53:04 AM

Those people are the early investor of bitcoin bought bitcoin very cheap. A lot of early adopters of bitcoin now are multi-millionaire and I believed a lot bitcoin they are still hodl and waiting to the peak price of bitcoin before they sell again. That is the essence of patience is a virtue. Hopefully I will become millionaire also in world of Digital currencies.

#Datarius
natalagerman95

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:56:07 PM

Very pleased to read such news there is at once a reason to strive and earn more and more. This is how bitcoin gives people material happiness.
Aaarono

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:00:30 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-millionaires-are-buying-lamborghinis-with-cryptocurrency.html

Musicians and star athletes come to shop for luxury cars at MotorCars of Georgia, a dealership just outside of Atlanta.

Quavious Marshall, better known as Quavo of local rap group Migos, bought a Silica White McLaren 720S from there in November. Ricardo Lockette, a retired Seattle Seahawk wide receiver, posed for an Instagram photo with a blue Lamborghini Huracan in December. Even Shaquille O'Neal has stopped by.

Last fall, the dealership also got a visit from Peter Saddington, a seemingly unassuming 35-year-old coder who is neither a rapper nor a celebrity.

He caught the attention of the dealership though — and the internet — by cashing in 45 bitcoins to drive away with a $200,000 2015 Lamborghini Huracan with a white matte wrap and race exhaust features. Thanks to an early interest in cryptocurrencies, buying those 45 bitcoin cost Saddington less than $115.

The bitcoin enthusiast's Lamborghini purchase isn't just a crazy bargain. It reflects a trend of the new rich spending their cryptowealth on the Italian super car.

Wow, that's insane.
When will we see more news like this and more shops that are willing to accept crypto as payment?
smajler

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:06:05 PM

History repeats itself. I collects Deeponion every friday and in future I see my new lambo maybe it will fly.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:10:52 PM

That's really nice for him. In its place, I would invest in more coins with a small portion of the money, but save most of the money.
You never know when the next (important) bill will come. I would not have bought a Lambo. I would have rather bought a property and a simple car. Then the future is actually very safe.  Wink

That's a much smarter move in my opinion too. Although, it is very enticing when it's something like a Lamborghini. I feel like when people make a lot of money off of Bitcoin, the media covers what they purchase and not the actual trading and saving habits that they have. I'm sure the investor in the article has numerous other investments that guarantee that he will never be poor. If the media focused on the trading aspect and the habits of these people, the general population would be much better off.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: