Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:40:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I hide my access to a pool from ISP?  (Read 192 times)
galaxy5user (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:12:03 PM

I know about VPN, but it seems to be overkill if I just need to hide 1 or 2 pools (for example, substitute them with different name or IP-address, so the real access to pool will be hidden from ISP).
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:43:05 PM

Maybe a stupid question, but why would you want to hide your mining from your ISP? Are you afraid the government are gonna ask ISPs to list customers that are connecting to mining pools in order to collect tax? Seems abit excessive if you ask me.
galaxy5user (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:39:44 PM

There is unpredictable governments which can throw anything, including capturing of a hardware. Why are asking stupid questions? Are you one of them?
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:46:42 PM

A VPN is the only way you can mask your IP, there really isnt any other answer.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 595

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:50:05 PM

Perhaps look into Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT).  Also, may want to consider proxies and TOR browser.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:51:33 PM

Perhaps look into Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT).  Also, may want to consider proxies and TOR browser.

None of those things has anything to do with what he is asking about. Changing ports does not mask traffic, and TOR only encrypts its own sessions.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 595

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:47:49 PM

None of those things has anything to do with what he is asking about. Changing ports does not mask traffic, and TOR only encrypts its own sessions.

You make good points, not sure if OP was trying to mask traffic or disguise real access to the pool.  Just putting out additional ideas that can be looked into further or rejected as things are trying to be figured out, if not already.
d00f

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:59:31 PM

You can use TOR. All the traffic going from your tor router to the ISP will be encrypted. If you have access to a remote unix host you can usually run an SSH tunnel for the connection. That's what I did when electroneum blocked all of OVH since I run a server farm there and was using spare cycles to mine cryptonight.
tipac

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:06:02 PM

best advice is to get nordvpn or perfect-privacy, they are only 10$ a month (i used both of them) and are very reliable to hide everything you do online. you can also chose what area you want to be seen.
you won't find a better alternative than this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: