Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:04:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance: Hacked or not?  (Read 1044 times)
Cryptokatt

Activity: 20
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:15:42 PM

Don't believe anyone knows for sure, though more so curious as to whatever sources said this was a hack.
Martinkuhn

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:20:10 PM

if Binance was hacked, they would not have dared to show the world their blockchain wallets.

For those who are experienced in IT.. you would know that delay in system upgrades is not uncommon.

Especially for complex systems such as an exchange software. I rather they take their time than to rush and

be hacked later due to a human error.

For those guys who get worried when such a small delay occur, they are the ones who sell at the slightest

bad news and will never make the kind of 100x profits...be patient

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
noobinvestor

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:24:56 PM

Thank god. I am getting a "system maintenance" flag when I try to trade. They should be more clear, but glad to see it's nothing major.
smith136

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:26:01 PM

Mcafee is really trying to be a relevant person in this game, i hope he stops with all these fud. Let the binance team do their job and i'm pretty sure no one will lose coins there, a big exchange will not jeopardize their reputation by making lies to the public.

ggg123

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:30:12 PM

Everyone was scared haha. It seems like there is nothing wrong with Binance right now. There are too many speculations when it comes to being hacked. That’s why ledger is so important  Grin
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:44:40 PM

The screenshot says the exchange will be ready in less than 12 hours. But John Mcafee insists the exchange is hacked. https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/961662107786899456

https://twitter.com/binance_2017/status/961644926520840192

Binance is not hacked. All the rumors about the hacking of this exchange are a deception for the purpose of manipulating the market. This is another attempt to throw bitcoin to the bottom. Do not believe these rumors. I am sure that the exchange will soon begin to work after the maintenance.

kingasterisk

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:48:48 PM

A lot of services go on extended maintenances, i recognize people immediately jump to the conclusion of hax because of all the stories the crypto world has. But chill people please.
colake

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:14:14 AM

This update is taking longer than expected, but they communicate on Twitter and also provided btc and eth address for proof.. so I think is not about a scam but just the big amount of data.. Anyway we are gonna see soon at 4am
https://cointelegraph.com/news/binance-refutes-accusations-of-hack-with-the-power-of-blockchain
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:27:20 AM

I really dont think that they were hacked but even if they did those who did it are probably dead buy now and business will continue soon as ussual.Its probably just a overload from all new accounts
The One Who Knocks

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:50:05 AM

I mean, seeing the warning without knowing anything beforehand always causes that fear of the platform being hacked. STILL, after 20 seconds of research you'll realize what was going on. Glad to know they are working around the clock to fix this.

Best of luck to them!
Don Stefanello

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:54:58 AM

First of all, McAfee is huge shiller, i stoped following him long time ago, it just doesnt make sense. On the other hand its wierd that binance really went off like that without prior announcement, because it is one of the biggest exchanges right now, so they should be working like the best do, always transparent, we might wait and see what happens but there are small chances that it was hacked right now, its not impossible, just not likely in this case maybe
grapedog

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:03:07 AM

I imagine if it was hacked, we'd be hearing a lot more from people in the actual know as opposed to just hearsay...|

Just maintenance, everything requires it from time to time.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:50:36 AM

Posts like this is one of the problems of crypto.  Everyone panics which is somewhat understandable... but they want to share their panic with the world.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Winterizing

Activity: 312
Merit: 10

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:21:30 AM

This is just a maintenance and that FUDs you spreading is not real though it has still chance of getting hacked but I think 1/100. I don't know why McAfee makes post like that doesn't have sense.

QFT

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:26:18 AM

I imagine if it was hacked, we'd be hearing a lot more from people in the actual know as opposed to just hearsay...|

Just maintenance, everything requires it from time to time.

It's basically just John Mcafee stirring things up. Binance already tweeted him, asking him to stop spreading misinformation.
xpashtetx

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:35:10 AM

I think that John Mcafee also did not take this information from the ceiling, and the exchange may simply not want to give publicity to this, so ordinary mortals are unlikely to learn the truth Undecided
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:51:23 AM

this is common. dev Binance is under repair on their system.
do not let panic surge within you. try to think calm right now.

Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:56:30 AM

Did binance not communicate beforehand that they were going to do maintenance? That's a little unprofessional.
Acguy

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:04:15 AM

All you can do is trust binance's words because only they know the truth and wait it out.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀