Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:10:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Learnings from crash  (Read 1088 times)
Ashimwe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:57:12 AM

One thing I learnt from this dip is not to be selfish and always take profits where I can and to always keep profits in btc or big altcoins that don't loose alot

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

One thing I learnt from this dip is not to be selfish and always take profits where I can and to always keep profits in btc or big altcoins that don't loose alot

If you really have to do trading at dips then better doo since it was too hard to identify what the market movements will be, it will be much better to take courage since we really need to earn.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 02:43:11 PM

How do you even think about getting a profit out of the market when the market is red? Also how does a person become selfish if they bank their own gains? that was why they started trading in the first place - they did not do it to waste their time but to make money obviously.

Its important to sell at times to make sure you have a decent return of investment - considering your initial buying money to be the investment. There is nothing wrong in this.

If you really have to do trading at dips then better doo since it was too hard to identify what the market movements will be, it will be much better to take courage since we really need to earn.

Another shitposter.
Nobody sells at the dip. The dip is the time to buy. Buy those coins which you may have missed at ICO but wanted to buy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:26:51 PM

That’s quite a good thing to do, but by doing that you’re still relying on the same method. Maybe it’s better you should engage in other ways to sustain yourself than having to rely investing on several coins and waiting for them to grow, so you could make profit. Try to engage in other things, maybe trading just like others do. One thing for sure is that the market will always fluctuate; there will be times when it goes down and times when it will go up. So right no despite the price is down, it will surely go up. This is market, it’s a normal thing.
nitammys

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:53:44 AM

Hmmm… I believe I have learnt a lot of things from all the crash I have experienced since I got into this. First, right now I’d say that what I have learnt is that I shouldn’t panic whenever price is going down or maybe try to sell out due to being afraid of losing money. I have experienced this several times, and whenever I tried selling out that’s when I feel like I’m loosing. Anyway, I have stopped relying on HODLing cause there are other means out there that can help me earn better than that. So I will just add that the second thing I have learnt is that we shouldn’t be relying on HODLing much.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:55:42 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 11:55:50 AM by jpoker272727

Hmmm… I believe I have learnt a lot of things from all the crash I have experienced since I got into this. First, right now I’d say that what I have learnt is that I shouldn’t panic whenever price is going down or maybe try to sell out due to being afraid of losing money. I have experienced this several times, and whenever I tried selling out that’s when I feel like I’m loosing. Anyway, I have stopped relying on HODLing cause there are other means out there that can help me earn better than that. So I will just add that the second thing I have learnt is that we shouldn’t be relying on HODLing much.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 11:23:54 AM

What do you feel you have learned from the crash (if anything)? I think the market has gained a little bit more stability now, and therefore it is nice to look back on your own thoughts and the decisions you made when experiencing such a crash.
Personally, I learned that I need to continuously, as markets grow, 'take off some risk' and allocate some profits from alt into ethereum and bitcoin.
In the same regards, I will also begin to allocate small percentages into $ so that I can gain more on crashes like this one.
Lastly, I once again got confirmed, that in crypto we see huge volatility and that is just something we have to live with - for now at least. Never panic sell in corrections!!!

Well the learning is never get too excited and too confident about the bitcoin going up and buy at ATH prices! Lolz, I made little mistake when I invested my money at the time of BTC @12K USD rates because I was crazy to think that it will rise again to the 19K USD which was its ATH rate. However I was not wrong but I do realise that I made mistake out of the excitement and nothing else.

Another learning from the bitcoin drop is simple, it is the right to buy the coins and we can now know the power of BTC uprise in terms of profits.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:38:16 AM

The lesson that I have learned during the crash is not to hold too much or not to be greedy in my holdings. I took dad's advice when it comes to holding all of my coins and tokens and not withdrawing either one of them, while continuing my online job back then. The biggest holding that I have that time was Trade.io, which is worth more than $1.6 before the epic crash. I could have cashed out some of them, but I would rather stick to being bullish with them because their roadmap is somewhat very promising to me, especially their IPO in the Q4 of 2018.

We should not put all of our eggs in a single basket. Always diversify our options to sustain ourselves in this bearish market.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Arwinkim

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 11:52:44 AM

What do you feel you have learned from the crash (if anything)? I think the market has gained a little bit more stability now, and therefore it is nice to look back on your own thoughts and the decisions you made when experiencing such a crash.
Personally, I learned that I need to continuously, as markets grow, 'take off some risk' and allocate some profits from alt into ethereum and bitcoin.
In the same regards, I will also begin to allocate small percentages into $ so that I can gain more on crashes like this one.
Lastly, I once again got confirmed, that in crypto we see huge volatility and that is just something we have to live with - for now at least. Never panic sell in corrections!!!

Honestly, I've started investing in bitcoin in the late 2017 even though I already heard about bitcoin back in 2013. What I've learned from the market, never expect too much from your portfolio. You never know how deep the market will sink. Sell when you still can make at least 5% profit if you really need fresh cash. But my advice is, keep your mind on, don't panic selling even when the whole market crashes because we all know it's just correction. It's just about time we see our portfolio green again.
Joyawan13

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

elysian.finance

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:31:03 PM

yes ,, what we have to do now is calm and no need to panic, and we should not give up or despair, even though we are currently experiencing a lot of price reductions we have to keep the spirit and optimism that everything will segers back.

hsdjdyt

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:14:36 PM

I think the experience you have summed up is correct. When we invest in a project, the first thing we must do is to think about the worst plan. Then when the market conditions are better than we expected, we will not be so pessimistic.
Kawasakinamoto

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:30:46 PM

When bitcoin crashed or more appropriate "dump" i discovered that you can actually earn money even when bitcoin goes down but of course you need to sell a perfect time to get the best results as possible.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:39:26 PM

When crashed happen we have learned many things that never panic of all your hodlings coins. And actually sell when you had already earned profit. Also, keep in mind it would not takes long the moment of dump market so usually it will go up and in down market take it as a challenge for your portfolio.
gcbjk

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:42:48 PM

I think your idea is correct. In the face of this declining market, we should calm down. If you sell your Bitcoin now, then you are definitely losing money. I believe Bitcoin will erupt, so I still insist on holding my Bitcoin.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:59:15 PM

Crash helped us to see the real value of Bitcoin. It may reach to 20000 dollars again but to be stabilized at that price, there must be more miners.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:20:54 PM

Crash helped us to see the real value of Bitcoin. It may reach to 20000 dollars again but to be stabilized at that price, there must be more miners.

There's no need to be afraid of because that $20K or more can be attainable when bitcoin demand spikes again. Same of what we experience for the past, roller coaster is visible, and same with the typhoon bitcoin will hit a massive damage after the crash and back to profitable value. I think everyone learned a lot after this crash and btc holders together with their altcoins must learn how to hold long term.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:30:46 PM

I think the experience you have summed up is correct. When we invest in a project, the first thing we must do is to think about the worst plan. Then when the market conditions are better than we expected, we will not be so pessimistic.

Althogh I dont want to sound cliche, I would say people who are into trading should know the risks and before putting in money they should calculate the worst case scenario as well before they start to make huge orders. Those who have lost money by buying at 9k and now shitting in their pants at lower price need to get their grip. The rise and fall is not new and it will rise again.

When bitcoin crashed or more appropriate "dump" i discovered that you can actually earn money even when bitcoin goes down but of course you need to sell a perfect time to get the best results as possible.

How exactly can you make money if you sell during a dip, if you have bought at a price higher than that?

The real value of bitcoin is zero just like fiat. A dollar bill is nothing by paper unless the legal tender has been established. Same with bitcoin. Miners have nothing to do with the crash except shilling for some.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bitcub

Activity: 951

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:33:47 PM

What I learned from crash is, every crypto is tied with BTC's price. So dont ever attempt to trade BTC with Alts while Bitcoin is approaching to dump. If you did, your alts with crash too. As the result you investment will crash along with your crypto. |

So the best approach for me is to save or hedge your investment value into USDT.

angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:46:07 PM

Best learning from crash is to be patient and dont be panic sell.This is part of market ups and down will happen there just calm and never loose hope,due to passage of time things will get better.
Being  as an optimist and rational trader falling market is another opportunity to buy more and invest in stable coins and hols for future till market hit on peak.

carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:05:48 PM

For me, lesson learnt is to buy the dip on my choice coins that soared out of my reach. It was so nice having to buy into some of these coins.

As for the crash I learnt that in cryptocurrency whenever a coin with a good use case goes down it will bounce back. Another thing is that we should never wait forever to take profit on our holdings. In addition to all that, I discovered that bitcoin is the pacesetter here. Whenever it (btc) goes down, the altcoins also go down. These were the great lesson for me during the dip.

I like the area you said we should not wait forever to take profit and this is just the fact of gains of buying a coin because, they increase and decrease from time to time. So the lesson of a crash is to hodl the coin and to buy more at the time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: