Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:39:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Learnings from crash  (Read 1097 times)
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 06:49:01 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 03:26:27 PM by trader34

What do you feel you have learned from the crash (if anything)? I think the market has gained a little bit more stability now, and therefore it is nice to look back on your own thoughts and the decisions you made when experiencing such a crash.
Personally, I learned that I need to continuously, as markets grow, 'take off some risk' and allocate some profits from alt into ethereum and bitcoin.
In the same regards, I will also begin to allocate small percentages into $ so that I can gain more on crashes like this one.
Lastly, I once again got confirmed, that in crypto we see huge volatility and that is just something we have to live with - for now at least. Never panic sell in corrections!!!

I haven't sold a single coin until now, but I bought some of them at high prices (not ATH, but anyway quite high). In some of them, I'm quite in loss, but I'm going to keep them until the next bull run because I know I've invested only in good ones.

For sure, in this huge market crash I have learned one important thing: everyone in December was thinking the market would have reached every week new All-Time High...  but we all know things have turned out quite differently. It's better to always keep some dollars, so to have the opportunity to buy in dips and when the market becomes bearish (nothing can grow forever!), if you're satisfied with the price, better to sell and take profits!
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:52:08 PM

The main lesson from the previous crash is that the holding is a bad idea. Volatility of the crypto currencies is very high, therefore the trading is very useful, I think.

While Bitcoin falling I noticed that people who have already sold their crypto currency on the high levels try to dump the markets more deep, posting a bad or even fake news.
AlexInTheOcean

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:16:05 PM

fixing the profits at the right time is a great thing to master Smiley
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:48:06 AM

What do you feel you have learned from the crash (if anything)? I think the market has gained a little bit more stability now, and therefore it is nice to look back on your own thoughts and the decisions you made when experiencing such a crash.
Personally, I learned that I need to continuously, as markets grow, 'take off some risk' and allocate some profits from alt into ethereum and bitcoin.
In the same regards, I will also begin to allocate small percentages into $ so that I can gain more on crashes like this one.
Lastly, I once again got confirmed, that in crypto we see huge volatility and that is just something we have to live with - for now at least. Never panic sell in corrections!!!

Well the learning is never get too excited and too confident about the bitcoin going up and buy at ATH prices! Lolz, I made little mistake when I invested my money at the time of BTC @12K USD rates because I was crazy to think that it will rise again to the 19K USD which was its ATH rate. However I was not wrong but I do realise that I made mistake out of the excitement and nothing else.

Another learning from the bitcoin drop is simple, it is the right to buy the coins and we can now know the power of BTC uprise in terms of profits.
It is not your fault because you obviously do not know how to trade and you do not know what to look out for in a trade to make a decision and for people in your shoes, it is always better to just hold than trying to gamble your position in the market. Not everyone can be a trader, but the thing is everyone can be a holder and decide not to worry about what is going on in the market as long as they are sure of the future of their holding.

The main thing is to know when to be sure you are having a change in trend. It is not all about the backup, even though you will need fiat as a stable currency anyway to hold up until you are able to get more of the bitcoin at dip, but you need to be sure as well that you are making right decisions either when selling or when buying so you would not end up missing a good chance.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:44:44 AM

Well the learning is never get too excited and too confident about the bitcoin going up and buy at ATH prices! Lolz, I made little mistake when I invested my money at the time of BTC @12K USD rates because I was crazy to think that it will rise again to the 19K USD which was its ATH rate. However I was not wrong but I do realise that I made mistake out of the excitement and nothing else.

Another learning from the bitcoin drop is simple, it is the right to buy the coins and we can now know the power of BTC uprise in terms of profits.
I feel not getting too excited is always the good way to put it. When the price is being driven by FOMO with everyone getting greedy and nothing actually driving in demand, then you should be very careful because the aftermath is what we have just seen. However, the future is still strong and for those who are caught in the trap, they can just keep holding. The thing is sell out are meant for weak hands, and that is why it is always necessary to have huge corrections, otherwise the state of the market would be generally unhealthy.
maemunah

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:45:03 AM

One thing I learnt from this dip is not to be selfish and always take profits where I can and to always keep profits in btc or big altcoins that don't loose alot

If you really have to do trading at dips then better doo since it was too hard to identify what the market movements will be, it will be much better to take courage since we really need to earn.
therefore we should all be able to think higher because playing in the world of cripto it is not easy, let alone playing and selling coin it must be able to analyze the right so that we can get a profit and also avoid the loss when trading
Clearstream

Activity: 378
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:35:06 PM

now i realize that the timing of buying coins is very important . it is not necessarily the best time to buy when it is rising . to study its entire price history . many people say that this coin is good . we must study it independently and then decide whether to buy it .
iged_war

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:57:14 PM

now i realize that the timing of buying coins is very important . it is not necessarily the best time to buy when it is rising . to study its entire price history . many people say that this coin is good . we must study it independently and then decide whether to buy it .
observe the best level to buy by your own.we could learn it from much website or other source.buying moment is not arrived everyday, wait this best moment patiently.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:04:20 PM

Crash the harsh term for big loss for traders. Learning from crash is the best thing to do in fact you must learn from every mistakes just keep in mind that your mistakes will never happen again. Big pump comes with a whopping huge dump keep in mind so that you can take the right mindset and use it to be cautious in every manner of a good to be true situations.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:53:55 AM

For me, lesson learnt is to buy the dip on my choice coins that soared out of my reach. It was so nice having to buy into some of these coins.

As for the crash I learnt that in cryptocurrency whenever a coin with a good use case goes down it will bounce back. Another thing is that we should never wait forever to take profit on our holdings. In addition to all that, I discovered that bitcoin is the pacesetter here. Whenever it (btc) goes down, the altcoins also go down. These were the great lesson for me during the dip.

I like the area you said we should not wait forever to take profit and this is just the fact of gains of buying a coin because, they increase and decrease from time to time. So the lesson of a crash is to hodl the coin and to buy more at the time.
Whenever there is mistake, there is a chance to learn. There is a saying goes, “either you win or you learn”. So make it your habit that if something isn’t going good to you, don’t just be panicked rather keep your mind positive and maintain the relax state of your mind. Because if it just turn over, you will be immediately going for selling and then ultimate loss would be in your account.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:57:57 AM

For me , bitcoin trading far more difficult to predict unlike stock exchange because as we know bitcoin value depend on supply and demand so it's value too volatile until now.
I'm ever trade Energy coin but I'm experience loss about 0.05 in next 2 hour which is INSANE , IMO but it's great experience.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:41:39 AM

The main lesson from the previous crash is that the holding is a bad idea. Volatility of the crypto currencies is very high, therefore the trading is very useful, I think.

While Bitcoin falling I noticed that people who have already sold their crypto currency on the high levels try to dump the markets more deep, posting a bad or even fake news.

That's what I actually learned. I think I believe too much in my coins that's why even I know it's good to sell I still hold and now I loss more than half of it so I just hold it again until I regain my losses. However, I'm still optimistic that when bitcoin will surge again altcoins will follow and I'll change my strategy after I regain my losses. Sometimes holding sucks.

btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:56:27 AM

fixing the profits at the right time is a great thing to master Smiley

Yes, most of the people failed to book the profit when the price is increasing, instead of selling them at high they used to sell them the low price and they will book the less profit. As an experienced will react to the market at the right time when the price is increasing.
nebiki

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:08:47 AM

it is very important because in the future there will be success and there are accidents as well. so it's natural in trying to have things we do not want. the important thing is never to despair because of failure or accident that we ever experienced and that too also make our lesson for the future can be better

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:51:20 AM

Hmmm… I believe I have learnt a lot of things from all the crash I have experienced since I got into this. First, right now I’d say that what I have learnt is that I shouldn’t panic whenever price is going down or maybe try to sell out due to being afraid of losing money. I have experienced this several times, and whenever I tried selling out that’s when I feel like I’m loosing. Anyway, I have stopped relying on HODLing cause there are other means out there that can help me earn better than that. So I will just add that the second thing I have learnt is that we shouldn’t be relying on HODLing much.
First, you have made some good deductions from your experience, however, I will want to point out that even if you want to sell out to probably buy back at the bottom, you should be sure of what you are doing and not get yourself mixed up in FOMOs. It is the way things are, a lot have missed out thinking they are selling at the top, but it is either you learn how to do trend following to know when to sell and when to buy back or you just hold.

I guess I was greedy too at some point, most especially with the altcoins, but at the same time, I do not regret anything. It is the market, it would recover, and that is what is very much important. Many people have failed to realize this and that is why they panic easily at some huge drop in value. We basically need to understand that the market is a highly volatile one but that does not mean is no longer valuable.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:56:37 PM

The main lesson is to have a backup when the price crashed, and there are skme alternatives like:
Move the funds into USDT (Tether) or any other fiat currency which doesn't changes the value often like USD EUR
When the crash has finished start now buying the dumped coins and get in profit later.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:03:49 PM

The main lesson is to have a backup when the price crashed, and there are skme alternatives like:
Move the funds into USDT (Tether) or any other fiat currency which doesn't changes the value often like USD EUR
When the crash has finished start now buying the dumped coins and get in profit later.

Some says don't use tether that is why I didn't put funds in tether to escape dump. But I realize to not go with the gossips and to realize that tether is here and will stay longer than some alts.
evichi

Activity: 1218
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:07:27 PM

It is sometimes difficult to predict what happens next to the market, especially a sudden fall or rise. Sometimes news can be of help as well as technical  analysis. The key ingredient is to continually learn the best approach. Decide when to enter the market and possibly an updated news on the token or coin in question. If a crash happens, possibly learn why it happened and check if there were steps you would have taken (technical analysis, etc.) to stay away from the trade. If we experience a crash then it is time to re-strategies and evaluate trading technique.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:02:24 PM

May I ask does someone here know how we can actually earn from a crash aside from learning? I don't mean like buy the lows and hold. I mean like more of the stock market? Put and Calls?
blitz18

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:54:57 PM

Everytime when price is not good at the saddest point that were lose we should have make  a way not to lose hope. Rather make a hope that price is normal down and up. And it may recover in time so invest on your willingly to lose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: