Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:44:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LISK] Great Relaunch Event on February 20, huge price surge?  (Read 360 times)
langdong (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:49:39 PM

Hi there and sorry for the kinda clickbait title :p

I am really looking forward to the Lisk Relaunch Event on 20th of February. Several months ago on 22nd of November 2017 there was a blockchain meetup in Berlin. I assume people expected a lot from it and some kind of unveiling of the 'Rebranding'. The event then was okay but actually not too well prepared. And they 'only' announced the date of the actual Relaunch Event. 20th of February.
Still you can see the surge in price and volume here in November. It started approx. 14 days before the event.
Now there are 12 days remaining until the Relaunch Event and yesterday it already started to go up a bit. I expect to see this kind of surge again (if not greater). I mean you know what Rebranding events and announcements in general do to prices in crypto. Max Kordek (Co-founder of Lisk) said that they will have an event like a f***ing Apple Key note so I am really expecting something huge here.

Following Key points (and probably more) will be presented at the Event.

• New Website
  • New Logo
  • New Lisk Wallet in the interactive Desktop App + WebApp
  • Lisk Shop
  • Lisk Academy
  • + the entire Subreddit will be revamped for the rebrand

Here's a link to a Blog post about the Event with more specific details: https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-relaunch-5a049ab2c281
Also coming soon: New fee & address system (Modularisation), custom tokens, dApp registration, decentralized exchange, sidechain withdraw/deposit.

I'm generally very bullish on Lisk because of their approach to let users write decentralized Apps in JavaScript. In addition, every app will run in its own sidechain to ensure that Lisk itself stays safe and scalable. If you don't know what JavaScript is you should look it up. Basically every programmer knows and uses JavaScript. It's one of the most important programming languages out there.
As far as I know there are no blockchain platforms out there on which you can build in pure JavaScript. Ethereum for example uses Solidity, a programming language actually no one knows, more or less specifically created for Ethereum.

So in my opinion Lisk could be a real 'blockchain enabler' towards a real life adoption of the blockchain. That's one thing that is totally missing in crypto right now and something we really need. So I personally think this really is huge.
If people build dApps using Lisk they will need Lisk to do it for sending funds etc. which means price will go up (like for example looking at Ethereum).  

Here are the top programming languages people are using on GitHub (according to GitHub):

("The chart shows the number of pull requests (requests to download and change a project's code) in each language. Pull requests aren't a perfect proxy for popularity, but they're a good indicator. And take note JavaScript's huge margin of victory." - Business Insider)

Sorry for these large images. Also: Needless to say I own Lisk.

What do you think? Is this a possible scenario? I have the feeling a lot of people don't like Lisk and many compare it to Ark. I think both projects can really co-exist just fine. Even the founders of those projects know each other and say that. Looking for a discussion here. Please be free to tell us why you don't like Lisk and why.

Regards

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:57:35 PM

I bought a few LISK actually recently, when it was around $18, so was quite excited when it went all the way to $30 as other alts were dropping, but seems like that pump did not last long. I do not think I will be buying any more now, but rebranding usually does seem to pump a price it seems. Only thing is I saw how raiblocks (rebrand to Nano) seemed to be just a really short pump before also following the rest of alts downhill. LISK is a pretty strong name in the industry though. Now I am torn to buy more or not.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Drama Queen

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:52:57 PM

I hold solid stake of Lisk being 2nd in my pf, not far after XMR, followed by GAS, from $2 per coin with some $4-$6 additional purchases, with a 14 day pause when hiding money during one of those nasty BTC dumps (during which LSK tend to suck).

I mainly continued hodling LSK due to February all-in-one event, expect the pump very likely, and likely hodl LSK after the event (either half or full stake). Good thing they only change the crappy logo and not the actual name which I rate as great (one of the best, actually) and easy to remember, not only because "Lisk" means st. like "slap" in my native language, lol.

Btw LSK did have like two rally attempts during Dec-Jan but interrupted by another BTC dumps. Attacking $40 or more (ATH) during one of these bull market times rallies, I see no reason not to break ATH as the event is actually close now, but if BTC sucks, we'll see fucko!
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:25:40 PM

- snip -

New Website
New Logo
New Lisk Wallet in the interactive Desktop App + WebApp
Lisk Shop
Lisk Academy
+ the entire Subreddit will be revamped for the rebrand

- snip -

None of the point on the list could make significant impact. I guess there will be slight price increase because of the euphoria, but most of the changes are just cosmetic.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:26:19 AM

After 2 years of development and millions taken from their ICO, this is the best they can come up with? What happened to their child chain or is it side chain implementation for dapps? That was the selling point of their project wasn't it?

I also have not seen any known projects that used Lisk as their platform for smart contracts and dapps. Why is this?

At least Ethereum has the Cryptokitties hehehe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
langdong (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:41:03 AM

I bought a few LISK actually recently, when it was around $18, so was quite excited when it went all the way to $30 as other alts were dropping, but seems like that pump did not last long. I do not think I will be buying any more now, but rebranding usually does seem to pump a price it seems. Only thing is I saw how raiblocks (rebrand to Nano) seemed to be just a really short pump before also following the rest of alts downhill. LISK is a pretty strong name in the industry though. Now I am torn to buy more or not.

Yeah, I think the timing of Nano wasn't the best in that bear market. Also I feel they didn't really communicate it too much. At least I didn't even notice really. Now that the market looks at least more bullish again I think chances are good Lisk can benefit from it.

I hold solid stake of Lisk being 2nd in my pf, not far after XMR, followed by GAS, from $2 per coin with some $4-$6 additional purchases, with a 14 day pause when hiding money during one of those nasty BTC dumps (during which LSK tend to suck).

I mainly continued hodling LSK due to February all-in-one event, expect the pump very likely, and likely hodl LSK after the event (either half or full stake). Good thing they only change the crappy logo and not the actual name which I rate as great (one of the best, actually) and easy to remember, not only because "Lisk" means st. like "slap" in my native language, lol.

Btw LSK did have like two rally attempts during Dec-Jan but interrupted by another BTC dumps. Attacking $40 or more (ATH) during one of these bull market times rallies, I see no reason not to break ATH as the event is actually close now, but if BTC sucks, we'll see fucko!

Yep, I really like the name. But I also welcome the change of the logo. I guess price trend also follow Bitcoin obviously but Lisk holds really strong at the moment. Even goes up when Btc goes down. From a TA perspective it looks still really, really bullish. At the moment at highest price (in BTC) in a year now.
So doesn't look too bad until now.

- snip -

New Website
New Logo
Lisk Shop
Lisk Academy

- snip -

None of the point on the list could make significant impact. I guess there will be slight price increase because of the euphoria, but most of the changes are just cosmetic.

I agree on that about the website and logo (and reddit). And still those cosmetic changes apparently mean a lot in crypto :d
When it comes to the Wallet and the Academy I think those are really fundamental new 'releases'. Introducing the academy would also mean it's finally possible to build on Lisk (soon). Looking forward to that. I guess more details will follow.
Also I feel we will see a much more greater price movement than just a slight increase. But who knows Wink

After 2 years of development and millions taken from their ICO, this is the best they can come up with? What happened to their child chain or is it side chain implementation for dapps? That was the selling point of their project wasn't it?

I also have not seen any known projects that used Lisk as their platform for smart contracts and dapps. Why is this?

I really think some people are too impatient. I know crypto is a really fast moving/fast-paced market. But that does not supply to Crypto Startups. I mean how could it. Those things usually take years of development, look at Ethereum, Neo.. I even think that's pretty fast to be honest.

Yeah, the side chains should be the child chains. And I guess there a no projects that build on Lisk because it's not possible yet. But this is going to change soon, basically that's the point of this whole thing. I hope they'll announce when exactly at the event :d
Also Lisk has actually nothing to do with smart contracts (as for now). But they do have the side chains which could allow 'similar' stuff or rather allows to implement stuff like that. You could even use the Ethereum blockchain for implementing smart contracts and run it on top of your Lisk applications if you wanted to as far as I know. That's the huge advantage of side chains.
So if there were Cryptodogs or whatever built on Lisk using a side chain it would not affect Lisk at all.

kulakvlad

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:07:45 AM

I have been holding Lisk for a long time and I am also confident in the perspective of the coin. When I was buying I just wanted to buy and sell a little more expensive. But then I decided to keep it for a long time. I think that this year the coin will grow very well.

Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:40:21 AM

I bought Lisk at the end of last year and will not sell it to the end of it! I think that this year the coin will show very good growth. Only Hodl!

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:49:03 AM

- snip -

New Website
New Logo
Lisk Shop
Lisk Academy

- snip -

it doesn't matter at all. there are a lot of coins that got pumped for a lot less than this. for example they change their name and it gets pumped 1000% for no reason at all. i have even seen one coin get pumped because they released a new version of their wallet!

and LISK is just trying to have some movement with some tactics that were tested before. it deserves a pump too after all this time.

--looking for signature--
langdong (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:28:57 PM

Seems like prices already started to go up since yesterday. Confident this will continue like this with some corrections.

Here is some new information about the event on 20th of February. A new blog post from Lisk: https://blog.lisk.io/the-lisk-relaunch-2e479fc74d39
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:03:47 AM

I really think some people are too impatient. I know crypto is a really fast moving/fast-paced market. But that does not supply to Crypto Startups. I mean how could it. Those things usually take years of development, look at Ethereum, Neo.. I even think that's pretty fast to be honest.

Yeah, the side chains should be the child chains. And I guess there a no projects that build on Lisk because it's not possible yet. But this is going to change soon, basically that's the point of this whole thing. I hope they'll announce when exactly at the event :d
Also Lisk has actually nothing to do with smart contracts (as for now). But they do have the side chains which could allow 'similar' stuff or rather allows to implement stuff like that. You could even use the Ethereum blockchain for implementing smart contracts and run it on top of your Lisk applications if you wanted to as far as I know. That's the huge advantage of side chains.
So if there were Cryptodogs or whatever built on Lisk using a side chain it would not affect Lisk at all.

I reckon the Lisk development team, like some of the developments teams in the past, have overpromised but underdelivered. Also, wasn't Lisk's founder also involved in Crypti? Remember that? That was another project that overpromised but did not live up to the promise after burning through their budget.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
langdong (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:20:42 PM

I reckon the Lisk development team, like some of the developments teams in the past, have overpromised but underdelivered. Also, wasn't Lisk's founder also involved in Crypti? Remember that? That was another project that overpromised but did not live up to the promise after burning through their budget.

Yeah, probably. When Crypti wasn't continued anymore, Lisk was forked and Oliver and Max began to step in Crypti's footsteps with Lisk.
I think a huge problem for Crypti that time was the absence of funds to development for years.
Here's a good summary about this (last answer): https://www.reddit.com/r/Lisk/comments/7vouf8/lisk_fork_of_crypti_questions/

"Your question is a good one.

To help you understand, Crypti was a project that was created near June 2014 to offer a decentralized application platform for javascript developers. Months after the launch of this project, certain things transpired and the development and overall advancements to reach a fully operational platform slowed down and led to the Crypti project eventually dying. The last commit of Crypti was recorded to have taken place in Oct 2015. Within this time things were idle for many months until Max and Oliver stepped in, to put together the idea of continuing the Javascript Decentralized platform objective and in turn birth Lisk. On the 24th of May, 2016, the Lisk Mainnet went live (7 months after the last Crypti commit) but soon after, it was realized that with the evolution and ambition Lisk envisioned for the blockchain space that this finding would require a shifting focus on the stabilization of the Lisk codebase (Lisk Core) prior to continuing the development and implementation of side chain functionalities. The thing that came between this was that it required more resources than what was anticipated to stabilize Lisk core because of how Crypti handled the project and because Lisk's funding was temporarily limited (Non-Profit not being approved) it resulted in Lisk not possessing the resources that was needed to fully optimize the Lisk development. This situation all changed at the start of 2017, when Lisk was fully approved as a Swiss non-profit and was finally allowed the usage of the crowd sale funding to begin the path that we are on today; which is the laser focus of developing the greatest most secure, scalable and accessible javascript platform that allows for side chain development. And if you were to see in this small time so many advancements has been made and so many additions to the Lisk team also. So in essence, it has not taken Lisk all this time, in reality it's just been 1 year Smiley.

Our development team works every day (and night) to provide the world with something that is solid and that we genuinely believe in and with how things are going when the launch and release comes we are surely not expecting to disappoint anyone. We are just making sure that we do this more than right, great.

Hope this helps you understand the timeframe of everything and why, how, things have been unfolding.

-Jan | Community Manager"

I am really confident that Lisk will eventually reach all their goals. They have enough funds now and a really good team. Also that's why I am excited about the event on 20th of February.
I think a huge problem at the moment (in crypto especially) is that people are really impatient. It just takes a lot of time to develop software. I find Lisk's team to really be transparent in what they do giving weekly/monthly updates etc.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:35:20 PM

speaking of price surge for an altcoin due to some news, it usually does not matter what the news itself is. what matters is that how the community reacts to the news and of course depends on how the news is spread and if everyone hears it and also it depends on timing.
if all these 3 factors are satisfied then you can expect a nice surge in the price of that altcoin.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
pey

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

Free Crypto in Stake.com Telegram t.me/StakeCasino

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:38:18 PM

Relaunch or something else I don't care, I never short these type of coins, Lsk is maybe the coin which I am willing to hold for years, so this news is nothing, it will worth so much in the future.

AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:41:20 PM

there are many updates that will be done lisk in relaunch it later, whether this will make the lisk better than now?
because it has been 2 years passed and there is nothing more or surprises as I expected.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:03:38 AM

Yeah, probably. When Crypti wasn't continued anymore, Lisk was forked and Oliver and Max began to step in Crypti's footsteps with Lisk.
I think a huge problem for Crypti that time was the absence of funds to development for years.

What makes you say that Lisk's bigger funding would be a path to success? What if they bankrupt themselves and still no projects have started to use Lisk as their main platform?

Remember that regulators are coming after the ICOs and that would cause a use case shortage for platforms like Lisk.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:37:18 AM

Lisk so far has failed to deliver anything useful which is why the price is below what it should be. If the relaunch even is successful and they actually deliver what they intend to, then the price will pump spectacularly. However, if like the November event of delivering nothing but promises - it will tank. Lots of potential here, but lets see what happens
langdong (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:16:58 PM

What makes you say that Lisk's bigger funding would be a path to success? What if they bankrupt themselves and still no projects have started to use Lisk as their main platform?

Remember that regulators are coming after the ICOs and that would cause a use case shortage for platforms like Lisk.

It's not. It's just way more comfortable to have enough funds to pay employees for the next years, even without any potential income.
If they bankrupt themselves Lisk will not be successful, obviously.  I just don't think that will happen since they really behave reasonably with their funds.

I even think it's a good thing that ICOs will be or rather might be regulated one day. Regulation is in my opinion a real chance for everyone to get into crypto. There would be some drawbacks first but in the long run it's the right move. Also you don't only need those kind of platforms for ICOs.
'Real developers' could just build real applications with a use case on Lisk, as an example. Businesses could build on Lisk. I don't really see why it should only benefit from ICOs.

Lisk so far has failed to deliver anything useful which is why the price is below what it should be. If the relaunch even is successful and they actually deliver what they intend to, then the price will pump spectacularly. However, if like the November event of delivering nothing but promises - it will tank. Lots of potential here, but lets see what happens

I guess this is true for the time being. That's why I really hope that they have some nice announcements at the event. I think expectations in November were just too high. I guess it was supposed to be just a normal meetup but people pushed it to be some kind of 'Rebranding event'. Which it wasn't.
But yeah, let's see. I'm excited.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:12:28 AM

It's not. It's just way more comfortable to have enough funds to pay employees for the next years, even without any potential income.
If they bankrupt themselves Lisk will not be successful, obviously.  I just don't think that will happen since they really behave reasonably with their funds.

I even think it's a good thing that ICOs will be or rather might be regulated one day. Regulation is in my opinion a real chance for everyone to get into crypto. There would be some drawbacks first but in the long run it's the right move. Also you don't only need those kind of platforms for ICOs.
'Real developers' could just build real applications with a use case on Lisk, as an example. Businesses could build on Lisk. I don't really see why it should only benefit from ICOs.

How many years more does the Lisk's development team have before their funding runs out, and what's their longterm plan after that?

Also, that's the problem with the statement, Businesses could build on Lisk. Is there really a need to?

I reckon using a software bundle like LAMP for a startup is better because it is free, proven, and tested. Using something untested like Lisk would force startups to pay for tokens just to use the platform, which is inefficient.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ahoenk

Activity: 1232
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:04:05 AM

Lisk will do re launch ? This is gonna be big for it and as a fan of this coin i am very happy i am holding this coin from its price at $1 i know and believe lisk can goes to $100 this year as all wr know many mobilr apps using java script and a lot of java script developer will use blockchain and developing their dapps.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄