Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:36:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does your forum name mean?  (Read 170 times)
Tylerizator (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:06:08 PM

I often wonder what some of the forum names stand for and thought it would make a good topic.
so....
What does your forum name mean?
StochasticOrder

Activity: 63
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:53:13 PM

I chose the name StochasticOrder because when we are born and come into this existence we are thrown into a random chaotic world that our consciousness tries to fit into an ordered "fairy tale" in our head. Everything in our universe is random and chaotic and the baseline assumption that underlines our method of making sense from this world is that events are repeatable and there are universal constants that do not change. The basis of our intelligence is pattern recognition, and without this baseline assumption we would all devolve into insanity as nothing could be predicted and no psychological baseline could be established for us to make up our conscious perception of the reality we are living in. I may be rambling, but basis of the name is that we are constantly attempting to create order out of a random existence and the entire baseline of the order we make is on the unproven assumption that there are universal constants and that events can be repeated under completely identical circumstances will always give the same result.
Tylerizator (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:38:35 PM

I chose the name StochasticOrder because when we are born and come into this existence we are thrown into a random chaotic world that our consciousness tries to fit into an ordered "fairy tale" in our head. Everything in our universe is random and chaotic and the baseline assumption that underlines our method of making sense from this world is that events are repeatable and there are universal constants that do not change. The basis of our intelligence is pattern recognition, and without this baseline assumption we would all devolve into insanity as nothing could be predicted and no psychological baseline could be established for us to make up our conscious perception of the reality we are living in. I may be rambling, but basis of the name is that we are constantly attempting to create order out of a random existence and the entire baseline of the order we make is on the unproven assumption that there are universal constants and that events can be repeated under completely identical circumstances will always give the same result.
Wow!
Tks  Cool
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:10:49 AM

God is so overused... I wanted people to know I was a deity, but not associate myself with all the cults.

So I chose the name Vod.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Tylerizator (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:13:18 AM

God is so overused... I wanted people to know I was a deity, but not associate myself with all the cults.

So I chose the name Vod.  Smiley
Modesty is your middle name ?  Grin Grin Grin
Konst

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:20:28 AM

Konst means art in Swedish.

Why? Because I run an artshop Smiley (https://mynewart.se if you are interested)
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:39:35 AM

Why would a deity have a middle name?    Huh

That's a human invention.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:59:14 AM

I often wonder what some of the forum names stand for and thought it would make a good topic.
so....
I love coffee!! That's what my forum name means. When I was in college i can drink 4 cups a day. Until now, i can have four cups but i lessen it now because i am a nursing mom. I went crazy when my mother forbade me to drink coffee when i was pregnant. The first thing ask after giving birth is coffee.  Especially brewed ones, i go loco on coffee. Wanna sip a cup of coffee with me sometime??

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
Tylerizator (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:01:00 AM

Why would a deity have a middle name?    Huh

Understood. Pray and repent  Cry
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:31:21 AM

I've owned the domain name JetCash.com since 2002, and my intention was to use it to create a system to facilitate payments for domain name registrations for people who could not use the established methods. It has gone through a couple of incarnations, but nothing significant. I decided that Bitcoin was a great payment service, so I used the name when I signed up for the board. I'm currently reviewing the best way to use the name, and I think it will become a review site for a limited number of payment methods.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:33:45 AM

Everything in our universe is random and chaotic

Actually, nothing in the universe is random at all.  Every single particle follows the same physical laws.

We just don't understand all the laws yet.   Once we do, we will be able to predict the future with precision.  Smiley

BountyGo
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:38:46 AM

so....
its easy - im going to became bounty hunter
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3045

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:40:10 AM

I am a fox, and like most foxes, but unlike most humans, I have never felt the urge to "grow up", which as far as we foxes can tell is an excuse humans use to stop being curious about their world, to stop learning, and to stop trying to improve themselves in any way. In doing so, humans often lose what little wisdom they may have possessed and lose sight of the true purpose of their existence. Only by maintaining a youthful outlook on life while never wavering in the application of one's intelligence can one truly achieve one's full potential. This comes naturally to the fox, who realises that no matter how old he is in years, he will always be a pup.

Or something like that. Grin

Why would a deity have a middle name?    Huh

It worked for Jesus Harold Christ, didn't it? Wink

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
soraya.tuff

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:05:40 PM

My form name was taken from my daughter's name :-)
CUTMIX

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:56:34 PM

I chose CUTMIX because it's catchy and I'll be offering an image manipulation service with this account soon.
gogiking

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:58:15 PM

it means king of meat
StochasticOrder

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:47:51 PM

Everything in our universe is random and chaotic

Actually, nothing in the universe is random at all.  Every single particle follows the same physical laws.

We just don't understand all the laws yet.   Once we do, we will be able to predict the future with precision.  Smiley

The belief that there are physical laws is an unprovable assumption that all science is based on. The scientific method is based on the belief that repeating the same procedure in an identical environment will always give an identical response due to these perceived laws. In order to force the world to make sense we use the repeated experiments to make rules that every piece of matter has to follow. If a scenario comes up where the rules aren't followed we assume there are other rules and laws that made that happen and reformat our theories, we never operate under the assumption that there are no scientific laws.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking a position as to whether there are laws or are none. I am pointing out that our entire basis of science and how we perceive our reality is dependent on the assumption that there are physical laws and that repeated events in identical scenarios will given identical results, an assumption that can never be proven.
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:51:54 PM

nothing
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:15:46 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking a position as to whether there are laws or are none. I am pointing out that our entire basis of science and how we perceive our reality is dependent on the assumption that there are physical laws and that repeated events in identical scenarios will given identical results, an assumption that can never be proven.

Gravity has pulled objects towards earth more times than there are stars in the universe.  Never once has gravity failed to work as predicted.

While it's true you can never prove gravity will always work with our current technology, we still call it a law.

Abugbilla

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:49:52 AM

A very interesting topic over here and i like the replies of people to the topic. Some names are really strange while other are just normal when you really get their meanings.
Well, Abugbilla simply means a "smaller deity" in my clan. I really didnt like it at first, but people wouldnt stop calling it too. So i just decided not to read any serious meaning into it and move on with it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: