Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:53:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simplify my portfolio!  (Read 334 times)
Pericle13 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:13:55 PM

Hello Guys,

I have built over last 8-10 months a diversified altcoins portfolio.
I have recovered my initial investment on all alts, and now I keep them for long term perspective.

I have 21 coins in my portfolio, and I think I am a little bit overstretched and too diversified Smiley.

Giving the current undergoing dip, I thought would be a good time to simplify my portfolio and ditch some of the not so promising coins.
So I would like to sell some coins and strengthen my position in others, while reaching a target of 10-15 coins.

My portfolio is:
1Verge XVG14%
2Bitbay BAY14%
3Stratis STRAT11%
4Ark ARK9%
5Status SNT6%
6Komodo KMD6%
7Shift SHIFT6%
8BitcoinCash BCH5%
9ZenCash ZEN4%
10VeChain VEN4%
11RaidenNetworks RDN3%
12Zcash ZEC3%
13Ardor ARDR3%
14SysCoin SYS2%
15Viberate VIB2%
16OmiseGO OMG2%
17FlorinCoin FLO2%
18Cappasity CAPP2%
19Humaniq HMQ0.7%
20Nxt NXT0.7%
21Ignis IGNIS0.6%

So let's simplify this portfolio - what to ditch and what to keep?

Thanks.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:49:40 PM

Verge is trash. Sell it all.

The best coins you are holding are VEN, OMG and ARK. Increase your holdings in these.

Personally, I would also get rid of some of the less well established coins (FLO, CAPP, HMQ, VIB) and buy ETH and NEO.
johncro_

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:52:05 PM

ditch xvg, increase portfolio of ardor,rdn bring some eth if you want some stability
langdong

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:54:17 PM

Personally I would sell all my Verge and replace it with some solid coins like Neo and/or ICON, maybe some Waves.
I'd also reduce my Bitbay position. Why do you have so much Bitbay? I'd go with safer bets here.
I really like Stratis, Ark, Status, Komodo, Shift.
Well, BCH is always something to discuss. Now with the lightning network coming for Bitcoin I don't really see too much of a future for Bcash.
The rest seems pretty solid. Although FLO, CAPP, HMQ are not really my coins but since the positions are small I guess that's fine since they could actually perform well.

Some BTC and ETH could also not hurt but actually I don't have them in my portfolio either at the moment since I really think my other coins can outperform them easily (at this moment). I guess overall this portfolio is pretty solid with the exception of Verge and having too much Bitbay. But you should absolutely add Neo.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:13:32 PM

I don't think it's a good idea your Top 2 coins to be Verge & Bitbay! Both are if not trash, then max mediocre projects, surrounded by hype.

Sell it and choose few others like PRL and DGRN.
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:18:23 PM

I think you should remove ignis, cappacity and florin other than these altcoins are very good quality already. I do not trust these 3 projects
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:22:22 PM

I had a similar problem.  Bad time in the dip this week but action needed.  Cut out the holdings that are small gains or losses.  They are the weak.  Dont keep "just in case they rise", because they'll be the ones to fall most next dip. You can always buy back in future if they hold firm and you still think they have a future.
Pericle13 (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:01:09 AM

Quite good advises, thanks all for the insights.
Wow... I didn't realize XVG is so disregarded around here Smiley... that's a pretty strong community statement.

Verge is trash. Sell it all.

The best coins you are holding are VEN, OMG and ARK. Increase your holdings in these.

Personally, I would also get rid of some of the less well established coins (FLO, CAPP, HMQ, VIB) and buy ETH and NEO.
ditch xvg, increase portfolio of ardor,rdn bring some eth if you want some stability

Thanks Guys, I also like ARDR, ARK and OMG a lot, although I still need to be convinced by the OMG team that they are really capable of delivering.
I believe ARDR has great potential (the parent-child blockchain tech is unique) and that's why I also invested a little bit in IGNIS, their child coin.
I will add some ETH in my portfolio; interestingly enough, it was one of the few coins that resisted quite well to the current dip.

Personally I would sell all my Verge and replace it with some solid coins like Neo and/or ICON, maybe some Waves.
I'd also reduce my Bitbay position. Why do you have so much Bitbay? I'd go with safer bets here.
I really like Stratis, Ark, Status, Komodo, Shift.
Well, BCH is always something to discuss. Now with the lightning network coming for Bitcoin I don't really see too much of a future for Bcash.
The rest seems pretty solid. Although FLO, CAPP, HMQ are not really my coins but since the positions are small I guess that's fine since they could actually perform well.

Some BTC and ETH could also not hurt but actually I don't have them in my portfolio either at the moment since I really think my other coins can outperform them easily (at this moment). I guess overall this portfolio is pretty solid with the exception of Verge and having too much Bitbay. But you should absolutely add Neo.

Thanks, got the point on XVG, I will research more into it and adjust accordingly. In the mean time, care to share why do you think is a trash coin?
Neo... hmm... I see it as a solid coin, but does it really have so much growth potential?

I don't think it's a good idea your Top 2 coins to be Verge & Bitbay! Both are if not trash, then max mediocre projects, surrounded by hype.

Sell it and choose few others like PRL and DGRN.

I bought XVG and BAY in June/July last year, when they were like 0,004 USD and 0,02 USD (I miss those days Smiley), so I'm still quite ahead in profit, even at this current low prices. Did some research back then, with BAY - I was impressed by the tech, richness of functionalities and the story of the main dev, and XVG was among the first players in the privacy coins area.
Taking apart XVG, why do you think BAY is a mediocre project? I do agree that they lack marketing skills and they are not so good at promoting their coin.

I think you should remove ignis, cappacity and florin other than these altcoins are very good quality already. I do not trust these 3 projects
Thanks for input, I was also thinking about removing florin. Liked their Alexandria project, but the progress in the past months wasn't good.
Cappasity is touching the VR part, something new in the cryptospace, what's making you not trusting them?

I had a similar problem.  Bad time in the dip this week but action needed.  Cut out the holdings that are small gains or losses.  They are the weak.  Dont keep "just in case they rise", because they'll be the ones to fall most next dip. You can always buy back in future if they hold firm and you still think they have a future.
Thanks for advice. No losses so far Smiley and you're right - I can further watch the market and do some more simplifying along the way...

filtyfrank251

Activity: 364

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:41:49 AM

Your portfolio is too much for you to follow and make the right decisions in times of market turmoil. I think you should pick out 5 altcoin to focus on your list. I am especially interested in the following altcoin: XVG, STRAT, KMD, OMG and SYS. These are good altcoin and I find that its value is still very low so it will rise sharply in the coming time.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
therealj

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:07:44 AM

Don't sell your CAPP, increase your position in ARK/STRAT/KMD/CAPP.....get rid of XVG on the next pump.
Inkognito222

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:44:57 AM

Why you add verge ? This coin not have future if you want serious privacy coin with good tech and growth potential you need buy Spectrecoin (XSPEC) and you can win more.
straimrpl777

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:09:00 AM

In my opinion, you have too many crypto coins in your wallet. I do not see in your wallet coins that enter the top 10. Where is the etherium?
Sell: Verge XVG, Bitbay BAY coins. Buy: DGRN, ARDR. And of course buy the etherium, and the Chinese NEO etherium.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:11:11 AM

maybe if i be you, i will just hold strat, bch, omg and i will add btc, eth, neo, ltc, xmr and xlm in my portfolio.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:18:48 AM

Good picks but very surprise you decided not to have Bitcoin nor Ethereum in your portfolio, you need to see to that. If I were you I will let NXT, Humaniq and Florincoin to go and add better coins, I just believe they have enjoed there time in the sun and can't provide much value for money
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:16:53 AM

Neo... hmm... I see it as a solid coin, but does it really have so much growth potential?

Neo is often talked about as "Chinese Ethereum". It allows smart contracts to be based on the Neo platform the same way that Ethereum does. More and more coins are being launched on it. In addition, by holding Neo you can earn Gas for free. It has a potential market as big as Ethereum's, but currently has a market cap only 10% of Ethereum's.

A solid hold for any portfolio.
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:58:46 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 12:18:49 PM by preshpr1nce

Ignore the people trash talking BitBay, no clue, been a stable project to date with lots coming this year, best marketplace coin hands down
I will say though, BitBay shouldn't be #1 in a portfolio this large but if you bought it at 2 cents this makes sense, keep holding it, get rid of Verge, get NEO in there, OMG is another good one to increase.

Rather a team put effort into development than marketing, too much marketing and not enough dev is what I avoid.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:10:23 PM

Strange to see that you are not holding the big boys, i suggest to buy and hold btc, eth, lyc, dash and zcash with 25% of your investment, this will provide your portfolio more stability and liquidity and low risk.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
popular_vote

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:16:16 PM

Increase shift, its a total bargain at 33 million, and one of the most promising projects in Crypto world.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:43:01 PM

Just relax. 21 coins is normal amount for diversification. There are a lot of people who has 50 coins or even more.
Stratis and Status are really perspective coins, you are on right waty.
The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:53:28 PM

I think you should rearrange your portfolio percentages. That's too unbalanced.
%14 Verge and %14 Bitbay are too much. Maybe reduce them to %7-8.
%11 Stratis and %9 Ark, reduce them to %5-6.
You also should add Neo to your portfolio.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████