Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:38:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have an impact?  (Read 539 times)
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:10:37 PM

Of course we have impact because if we don't have impact why the government of every country especially the china, korea and other country banned this bitcoin so they are now alarming and that you call a big impact.

orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:15:24 PM

The real manipulators are:

big whales,
politicians,
media.

Big whales pouring much money, politicians making announcements on banning cryptocurrencies, media spreading all that and making the noise. This is how it is!  Undecided

Nice said. You forgot to mention the banks. Who believes the fairy tale that the banks are real opponents of the Cryptoszene, is wrong. They are big players in this game.

If you look at the stats of many ICOs, which is very easy given the blockchain register, you will find out that many of them just rely on the small investors. It is not necessary to go after the whales, nor particularly productive.
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:21:47 PM

I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop. 

I think we do.

On average, I'm investing between 0.5 and 1.5 ETH on every ICO I like. Yesterday was the last day or Eristica ICO. Raise 3m+ from 3k+ investors, or on average 1.2 ETH per investors. So every dollar and every investor matters.

Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:36:21 PM

I don't think we have any impact as individuals, because our personal microdecision can't influence the big movements of money.
But you know, a crowd is made by individuals; none of them has any power as individual, but as part of a crowd, has.
So, I like to think that investors create a kind of "collective mind" and in this case, even they are not aware, yes, they have a big impact on the market.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:46:15 PM

I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop. 

maybe that's your subjective opinion. and my pardon , you just see from the money perspective. many people around here I guest are millionaire and they still need this forum. because some people still have a dedicated for make a growth on the bitcoin community over the world. and they don't care with their money. the community are the most important from the all things. no matter how much your assets but there's no one supporting. does it useless ?

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:59:27 PM

Everything in this system is manipulation at its best! And we are just riding the waves caused by these great huge whales reigning over the vast oceon of the crypto system. But hey, who are we to complain right? In terms of giving impact, heck yeah! Even if we are "small fish," we do make tremendous impact in this system!

Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:59:03 PM

We can't have an impact, forget it. We can only try to figure what whales will do, and try to profit of the situation.
You know, it's not a coincidence that big investors are called whales: the reason is that we are just plankton....

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 05:24:19 PM

I tend to think that participating in a signature campaign and advertising certain ICO projects, we do good and necessary work. I think that the tokens produced in the OCO process are very useful and have a good perspective. Therefore, we have a certain influence on the development of the crypto currency. This influence does not depend on how many who have bitcoins or other crypto-currencies.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
skelethon

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 05:28:19 PM

Bitcointalk is definitely impactful as far as online and web presence goes but you have to admit there are other important platforms as well.

There's a crossover in most platforms but still - the internet is a big place.
BigDig

Activity: 277
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:00:51 PM

Too many factors to evaluate a particular impact. Sometimes there are obvious things, for example, regular "news" from China or the United States. In other cases, the market reacts to very mysterious and not always determined factors.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:29:50 PM

First of all, you cannot guarantee that there are no big whales posting here on this forum which do bounties or just want some answers to their questions and to socialize with like minded people. Judging by your rank, I think that you have already been here for quite some time. Now, of all that time you spent here, haven't you figured out yet that this forum is not just for bounties or jobs that can earn you money? Clearly, this forum contains a lot of information and news that are mostly about cryptos that can really change the way any person sees the crypto world and help him/her to know what is the best course of action on a specific thing that a lot of people here has went through already that shared their experiences.

Apart from that, being a crypto lover/user op, are you not addicted to the thought of earning? If you have a hundred to a thousand bitcoins in your wallet, will you lose the urge to earn more? I don't think so. Because clearly, you will need to use those cryptos that you own and they will probably run out if you do not manage to earn more. Now, ways into earning them may vary due to the capabilities that are added up to you when your funds get bigger. But bottom line is that this forum can really help big time with every way you can think of that you wanna use to earn more.

Oh, and by the way, a million people having a dollar to invest on a crypto is equivalent to a million dollar investment which means we do have an impact. although not the same as anyone richer or less fortunate, we still have an impact.

Hope this clears things up for you, have a good day.
Luxrid

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:44:24 PM

Yes we have. When all started there were just a few people in this.
And look us now today Smiley
bandar (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 11:21:17 PM

First of all, you cannot guarantee that there are no big whales posting here on this forum which do bounties or just want some answers to their questions and to socialize with like minded people. Judging by your rank, I think that you have already been here for quite some time. Now, of all that time you spent here, haven't you figured out yet that this forum is not just for bounties or jobs that can earn you money? Clearly, this forum contains a lot of information and news that are mostly about cryptos that can really change the way any person sees the crypto world and help him/her to know what is the best course of action on a specific thing that a lot of people here has went through already that shared their experiences.

Apart from that, being a crypto lover/user op, are you not addicted to the thought of earning? If you have a hundred to a thousand bitcoins in your wallet, will you lose the urge to earn more? I don't think so. Because clearly, you will need to use those cryptos that you own and they will probably run out if you do not manage to earn more. Now, ways into earning them may vary due to the capabilities that are added up to you when your funds get bigger. But bottom line is that this forum can really help big time with every way you can think of that you wanna use to earn more.

Oh, and by the way, a million people having a dollar to invest on a crypto is equivalent to a million dollar investment which means we do have an impact. although not the same as anyone richer or less fortunate, we still have an impact.

Hope this clears things up for you, have a good day.

I agree with you 100% but that's because you missed my point (so did a lot of others). I'm not claiming that this forum as a whole doesn't have an impact.  The impact is huge.  It is in fact one of the most influential fora I have ever witnessed (if not the).  But that's not my point.  My point is the impact on prices are not made by the 'this community is great' or 'devs really work hard' kind of random BS people post (spread out in 80 words in order to be ok with the bounty manager).  Prices are made by whales. 

I've been here for a while indeed.  Long enough to know that there are people here who don't invest 1-2 eth in an ico but 1000.  Let's say the people behind an ico is one of these whales.  Without even touching the 20k eth they got from the ico (which are monitored obviously), they use their big pockets in order to boost an ico.  All of a sudden it's x3-x100, then they sell, it goes down, and up and down.  We all know these charts (go look at any exchange).  Pure manipulation.  And my point is that it isn't always (!) new development, new exchanges, news updates or whatever everybody likes to fill pages and pages with that causes the ups and downs, it's the whales.  THEY decide.

To be clear with y'all: I'm fine with that!  It's an interesting field/world but please look at it from an outsiders/regular perspective: it's not normal that just an idea gets 50million dollars upfront, goes to the market and is even valued  and bought more.  It's not normal that something goes +1000% in a week and the week after -80%.  And the posting here may have some impact, the marketing (armies) behind it even some more.  But the real impact is the manipulation, let's be clear about that.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:51:18 PM

No doubt we are being manipulated by whales but don't settle that's just because of it you will lose sime confidence to have some btc even just on some bounties. Whales never settle too to have some coins so as we do, let's just accept the fact that they are lucky ones in terms of it.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:57:50 PM

I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop.  
Yes, however our impact is limited for the simple fact we are disorganized, a whale does not need to consult anyone to move a huge amount of coins and if that whale has an alliance with other whales then the change in the market is even more abrupt, we cannot move that amount of coins even if we as a group have them since we have different opinions about what to do, besides such maneuvers are probably illegal and resemble too much pump and dump groups, which are scams.
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:11:17 AM

usually, the more your treasures, the more your needs. the more money you make, then even as small as the money that falls on the road, we must take note and we take. I think it's still like that, people who are a lot of coin, may be looking for a 2x more coin than they have .certainly desire and satisfaction that there is no limit

q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:18:51 AM

The real manipulators are:

big whales,
politicians,
media.

Big whales pouring much money, politicians making announcements on banning cryptocurrencies, media spreading all that and making the noise. This is how it is!  Undecided

Nice said. You forgot to mention the banks. Who believes the fairy tale that the banks are real opponents of the Cryptoszene, is wrong. They are big players in this game.

If you look at the stats of many ICOs, which is very easy given the blockchain register, you will find out that many of them just rely on the small investors. It is not necessary to go after the whales, nor particularly productive.
Big whales always use these advantages and special resources to hinder us as small investors. We have to admit that there are such unfair treatment, but in the coin market, this unfair is very dazzling.

Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:30:37 AM

Even some people dont buy bitcoin, they just earning through bounties, they have big impact in the price of bitcoin. Because of they doing, they largely promoted bitcoin, because of that many people will be attracted that will result to price increase.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:58:13 AM

I like your way of thoughts, especially about whales with >100 and >1000 BTC. But still I believe that there are a few of this kind of users are at the forum anyway. Nevertheless, try to imagine the amount of small fish. I guess we have a pretty good impact on the market, but only during whales are inactive.

aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:18:34 AM

I agree with you 100% but that's because you missed my point (so did a lot of others). I'm not claiming that this forum as a whole doesn't have an impact.  The impact is huge.  It is in fact one of the most influential fora I have ever witnessed (if not the).  But that's not my point.  My point is the impact on prices are not made by the 'this community is great' or 'devs really work hard' kind of random BS people post (spread out in 80 words in order to be ok with the bounty manager).  Prices are made by whales. 

I've been here for a while indeed.  Long enough to know that there are people here who don't invest 1-2 eth in an ico but 1000.  Let's say the people behind an ico is one of these whales.  Without even touching the 20k eth they got from the ico (which are monitored obviously), they use their big pockets in order to boost an ico.  All of a sudden it's x3-x100, then they sell, it goes down, and up and down.  We all know these charts (go look at any exchange).  Pure manipulation.  And my point is that it isn't always (!) new development, new exchanges, news updates or whatever everybody likes to fill pages and pages with that causes the ups and downs, it's the whales.  THEY decide.

To be clear with y'all: I'm fine with that!  It's an interesting field/world but please look at it from an outsiders/regular perspective: it's not normal that just an idea gets 50million dollars upfront, goes to the market and is even valued  and bought more.  It's not normal that something goes +1000% in a week and the week after -80%.  And the posting here may have some impact, the marketing (armies) behind it even some more.  But the real impact is the manipulation, let's be clear about that.

Either you post here or you don't anyways you don't have any impact on the price right. so what is the point of discussing this honestly?
What do you suggest people should do?

also these whales are still quite small, just wait till the institutional investors start coming in and run those whales dry.
What about such forums then... should we just pack up and leave or keep posting and be active?

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: