Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:40:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have an impact?  (Read 539 times)
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:02:04 PM

I think if FUD is strong and have many bitcoin then it's better than thousend weakly people. Ofcourse it's possible if he interested in bitcoin promotion.
tedes

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:12:22 PM

I think there are some whales that can be said quite big here. This is a great forum to keep up with developments and compared with reddit, less shilling here lol. You know about a very good project like Polymath here and that's why people keep following this forum.
Elgrown

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:16:44 PM

This forum wasn`t created for manipulation with prices. And everyone needs this forum because almost every new potentially good project creates a thread here.
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:44:07 PM

I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop. 
That's true ,compared to reddit any FUD or shilling here is useless . People who join this forum are either looking to get some experience and learn about cryptocurrencies or simply bounty hunters who are trying to make some money . Real investors will not follow the forum for the news there are already too many outlets out there that are publishing crypto news ,besides all the threads here seem to be from newbies who have no idea what they are talking about . So It's hard to believe any big holder would listen to any news from this forum.
WeedGoW

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:10:27 PM

I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop. 
Tell me, how many people do you think to have over >100BTC of >1000BTC? I can tell you that there are plenty of people hold >10BTC and right now, at bitcointalk looking to invest their BTC to some altcoins. Ten of 10BTC = one 100BTC, hundreds of 10BTC = one 1000BTC and so bitcointalk did have an impact to market, don't underestimate.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:52:12 PM

Most of the whales you are talking about all began in here and still most people who want to know more about bitcoin and crypto starts here. There are lots of channels out there but I think this is still the best place to start. We may not have an impact on the price directly, but those who have impact still reads here about upcoming projects and everything.
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:08:38 PM

Hello! Yes we doing impact to our wallets :DThis forum is good to teach about crypto how it works and teach more things how to earn crypto in more ways!The forum help me very to understand,and earn tokens in bounty u cant never know from little bounty can earn in longterm nice  house if ur lucky..

Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:29:34 PM

You are absolutely right: while the stock market is extremely fragmented, the cryptomarket is controlled by a small group of whales that manipulate the market as they please.

All can we do - as little fishes - is to try to understand in which direction they will push the market, and to try to make our little profit.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
bandar (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:45:10 PM

I agree with you 100% but that's because you missed my point (so did a lot of others). I'm not claiming that this forum as a whole doesn't have an impact.  The impact is huge.  It is in fact one of the most influential fora I have ever witnessed (if not the).  But that's not my point.  My point is the impact on prices are not made by the 'this community is great' or 'devs really work hard' kind of random BS people post (spread out in 80 words in order to be ok with the bounty manager).  Prices are made by whales. 

I've been here for a while indeed.  Long enough to know that there are people here who don't invest 1-2 eth in an ico but 1000.  Let's say the people behind an ico is one of these whales.  Without even touching the 20k eth they got from the ico (which are monitored obviously), they use their big pockets in order to boost an ico.  All of a sudden it's x3-x100, then they sell, it goes down, and up and down.  We all know these charts (go look at any exchange).  Pure manipulation.  And my point is that it isn't always (!) new development, new exchanges, news updates or whatever everybody likes to fill pages and pages with that causes the ups and downs, it's the whales.  THEY decide.

To be clear with y'all: I'm fine with that!  It's an interesting field/world but please look at it from an outsiders/regular perspective: it's not normal that just an idea gets 50million dollars upfront, goes to the market and is even valued  and bought more.  It's not normal that something goes +1000% in a week and the week after -80%.  And the posting here may have some impact, the marketing (armies) behind it even some more.  But the real impact is the manipulation, let's be clear about that.

Either you post here or you don't anyways you don't have any impact on the price right. so what is the point of discussing this honestly?
What do you suggest people should do?

also these whales are still quite small, just wait till the institutional investors start coming in and run those whales dry.
What about such forums then... should we just pack up and leave or keep posting and be active?

I suggest people who post here in masses (due to bounties, who've got out of hand compared to 2-3 years ago) stop thinking that it is them (collectively) who control the prices.  It's not. It's not because there are 100 threads about eth is the best coin with 100's of replies all screaming 'hell yeah! we'll be rich! 2k coming next feb!' that that will happen.  If a bunch of whales decide to sell eth to 300, then THAT will happen despite all the posting here.  That is  my point.  Nevertheless, the forum IS an interesting place and the 'ground floor' (or the lobby as you please) for the bitcoin/altcoin community.  I just think that the masses are mislead by the conviction that you can 'smell' the way things will go in the future by reading all these shilling posts. 

I agree with you on the institutional investors.  And no, we shouldn't leave.  But a little less amount of (bounty-driven) 'coin x is the shit!' and 'eth to the moon!' will do this forum good.  But that matter has been discussed over and over without much results.  Just wait until (if!) most alts recover and btc reaches ath, then the influx driven by a restored faith in crypto will make this forum go nuts when it comes to users posting things and earning bounties which outreach a lot of monthly wages in most underdevelopped countries. 
btcefeyigit

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:19:32 AM

The crypto money market can be affected by many things. values ​​are very variable. your investment will be huge and your team will be crowded to make an impact.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:32:54 AM

I dont think so. this forum is still very usefull. And i am sure so many whales also checking what is going on here. Because most of the old/new basic announcement for projects are still here. It is easy to reach them here.
rallyko

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:40:46 AM

I believe that the entire process in the cryptocurrency market is managed by whales. The drop in the price of bitcoin, it seems to me, is caused by the desire of whales to buy bitcoins at low prices. We need to learn to survive in these conditions. Undecided

SparkSun

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:41:42 AM

I think we have impact.even if a small one. I also believe that many whales read this forum every day. Whales are still here because they are interested in crypto - that is how they became whales! This is a good place to learn about both bitcoin and altcoins so why not still visit and continue trading.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:43:39 AM

I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop.  
we do not have the power to actually control the price and most of the people that trade here and are member of this forum cannot actually control the market. The whales actually determine what is going to happen and comments and post here can only determine few price movement. The whales don't have time for forum or even to speculate about what will happen, they only determined when to buy and when to sell at the time they decided.
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:52:52 AM

I think we have impact.even if a small one. I also believe that many whales read this forum every day. Whales are still here because they are interested in crypto - that is how they became whales! This is a good place to learn about both bitcoin and altcoins so why not still visit and continue trading.
No, i guess that whales doesn't read this  forum, they  are busy with other things, for example, the dump of bitcoin and its buying at a low price. That is the best psychological pressure on newcomers in crypto, truly.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
Electrified

Activity: 286

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:16:45 AM

Yes i agree with you, eventhough we are just small one but still we can do big things, Many big people still wanted to read or solicite are ideas are realistic idea which sometimes they havent seen it..  They can create better project which both parties are beneficial
sucix

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:23:39 AM

Thats the most problem we have in this trading. Whales manipulate the market.
How can we prevent this issue happen and happen again?
I also agree the people who is here almost has lest than 100 bitcoin.

Brunusmagnus

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:14:13 PM

No individual can have an impact on the market, even if he is a big whale.
Of course, if a group of big player take a common decision, they succeed in moving the market in the direction they like.
This is what probably is happening now.
About us, little fishes, it's clear that we don't have any power, and we can only try to understand what is the direction decided by whales...

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:53:40 PM

How can you tell that having 100 bitcoin don't need to do bounties? there are many poster and hunters before that has no money but with this forum, they bag some gold coins and now that they have more than 100 bitcoin, why do they need to stop? Remember that bounties are just free of money and time consuming but you will never lose any amount and will continue to gain. If someone has 1000 bitcoin here, I think they will go more on bounties and maybe some of them are campaign managers no.
Like someone always say, you cannot finish making those money and any avenue you have to make more, and then keep making as long as you have the time to. He must have thought 1000btc is too huge. However, I can assure him that what some bounty hunters today have could be even more than that, for those who started earlier.

The main impact most small investors have in the market is to allow them to get scared by the reaction in the market which is mostly generated by whales. They sell at the top, use the weak hands and their strategies to drive the market down, and they buy back in huge volume at the bottom.
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:58:39 PM

I believe we do have an impact, even if a small one. I also believe that many whales read this forum every day. I mean come on...Satoshi started this forum and Buterin has the Eth launch thread still here. Don't be fooled, this is where the big waves come from - from the people behind the keyboards on bitcointalk.
Well, every people has impact on this media. I mean, you post something, discuss, or share information that's enough to help People.
And i agree, big "whales" can big because they have much niche on them.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: