Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:13:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have an impact?  (Read 542 times)
taktik

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:23:04 PM

I believe we do have an impact, even if a small one. I also believe that many whales read this forum every day. I mean come on...Satoshi started this forum and Buterin has the Eth launch thread still here. Don't be fooled, this is where the big waves come from - from the people behind the keyboards on bitcointalk.
Well, every people has impact on this media. I mean, you post something, discuss, or share information that's enough to help People.
And i agree, big "whales" can big because they have much niche on them.
in fact, it will be very foolish to try very Iridescent hopes about what happens around the crypto currency. Still very good that we are given the opportunity to at least something to earn, and it is understandable that large whales rule the world.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:59:02 AM

I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop. 

We may not have a huge amount of bitcoins at least we could show the bitcoin is mainstream and more and more investors will come and earn even 1 bitcoin. If those holders have a huge number of bitcoins which could destroy the market by dumping bitcoins there is still a way for it to stop since the demand is high same for ethereum. But I think this dumping is mostly possible on altcoins.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:10:19 AM

I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop. 

Most of the users that join this forum has only one goal and that is to earn money. Jobless people are working on bounty campaigns to earn cryptocurrency and exchange altcoin to bitcoins, in this way they can make money for their living.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:51:05 PM

Your thougts are right,most of the people who has huge amount of bitcoins doesnt need this forum but the bounties isnt all about the money,its about promoting a good project that has potentials in the future,i have a friend which has 1,500 bitcoins but still he is joining bounties and ICO investment because he know it is an extra source of cash which is true,about the market manipulations these big players,i am not talking about whales im talking about bigger players which consists financial institutions like CME and Wallstreet are indeed manipulating the market,they will spread some FUDs causing people to do panic selling which they are intended to achieve so they can get a good entry point with lower coin's prices that tha usual then will sell it on peaks and then re-peat the process,they are making billons of dollars by only making some panic at the market.
So many big whales are on this forum in case you guys want to know. Some are always on the quiet side and prefer to remain like that, while some contribute pretty well, but they obviously do not join campaigns, not sure they need that. Also, this is a community, so will I say we do not have an impact as a community? I would not think so. We sure do, it may be little but an impact is an impact, but obviously you cannot compare a mackerel to a whale.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:04:14 PM

Hi, i think the situation is next:
30% sharks
70% small fish  Cheesy
Sharks have a big influence in dumps or pumps in one or two days !  Smiley

Cryptohad

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:19:43 PM

yes, I agree with you, whale and baghodler do not need this forum, even miners also do not need it. they only seek knowledge in this forum, such as knowledge about trading and also mining.

but clearly we are active in this forum have a positive impact on the progress of bitcoin and crypto world. we help them to succeed altcoin that will enter the market.
jonland22

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:24:07 PM

How can you tell that having 100 bitcoin don't need to do bounties? there are many poster and hunters before that has no money but with this forum, they bag some gold coins and now that they have more than 100 bitcoin, why do they need to stop? Remember that bounties are just free of money and time consuming but you will never lose any amount and will continue to gain. If someone has 1000 bitcoin here, I think they will go more on bounties and maybe some of them are campaign managers no.
well said, if you can get more free coins why not doing both? trading and campaigning, on the other hand of this thread i think insights here can affect the prices of crypto because these forum is a good source of information regarding this industry and i don't think people with more than 1k bitcoin don't take time reading here because KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:44:17 PM

How can you tell that having 100 bitcoin don't need to do bounties? there are many poster and hunters before that has no money but with this forum, they bag some gold coins and now that they have more than 100 bitcoin, why do they need to stop? Remember that bounties are just free of money and time consuming but you will never lose any amount and will continue to gain. If someone has 1000 bitcoin here, I think they will go more on bounties and maybe some of them are campaign managers no.
I may have to agree with your assumption. It is human nature to be greedy in many things, especially with money. And I have to admit that this nature may actually start creeping out of me once I start earning that big. But of course, before that happens, I am already teaching myself to be more disciplined with my earnings. Something that most of us should do to avoid any significant loses in the future.

tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:09:51 PM

Whales are still here because they are interested in crypto - that is how they became whales! This is a good place to learn about both bitcoin and altcoins so why not still visit and continue trading. It can be addictive, and in a bear market like now they are primed and ready to buy up as much as possible. For this reason the market will rise quickly. The smaller traders still have an impact, we are many and they are few so do not underestimate us Grin
They are always here. Most times they try to know what the community is thinking and how they perceive the market and that helps them a lot in making their moves. They have all been in this game for a long time, so they really know what they do, they silently do what they need to do and they do it without blinking an eye since they have the resources. Also, with respect to the market movement, they come in groups to make a huge impact and most definitely cannot expect a small fish to have the same impact, but not like the community does not have a single impact at all.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:40:25 AM

First, most of the stuffs you have said are kind of based on assumptions. Secondly, you think big whales have just only 100 btc or 1000 btc? Think deeply bro, they have far more than that and they also group of people who make money off the panic of others. They control the market, so where do you think all those FUDs come from, you and me ? No !

Most of those FUDs are generated by them, and they leave those who are weak enough to panic and even drop at loss, so they can buy back at the bottom and wait for new set of weak hands to feed on.
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:59:05 AM

When you get question 'Do we must' it's better. When was dotcom euphoria that's same situation, people used it only for speculation and make more money. For end this euphoria need global correction and big fall!
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:02:56 PM

Hi, i think the situation is next:
30% sharks
70% small fish  Cheesy
Sharks have a big influence in dumps or pumps in one or two days !  Smiley
You are being too optimistic, I think is more like.

80% whales
20% the rest

Those which are whales have been around probably since the beginning of bitcoin and they were able to accumulate a lot of coins very easily since bitcoin had almost no value, also most of the coins were mined at the beginning of the life of bitcoin so it is safe to assume most bitcoin in concentrated in a few hands similar to what happens to fiat.
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:33:56 PM

Anything we do has an impact, even if it's a minimal one.
Of course you don't have the possibility to influence directly the market; all you can do is to understand where whales are going and to follow them.
(if you try to stay in front, you'll be eaten...)

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:38:27 PM

Of course an interesting opinion, but I think that all the same they manipulate us, it is these whales that may not even have these bitcoins begin this manipulation with prices, it's understandable to everyone.
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:46:04 PM

You are making lot´s of assumptions here, firstly, don´t assume that people who have plenty of bitcoin are not in the forum. Second, whales can manipulate but manipulation has a cost and is not always profitable.
nebiki

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:03:20 PM

You are making lot´s of assumptions here, firstly, don´t assume that people who have plenty of bitcoin are not in the forum. Second, whales can manipulate but manipulation has a cost and is not always profitable.
whatever we take, such as manipulation is also very impactful, it is better to find it safe than willing to take risks, in fact what we do there are many at least also there are risks.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:53:39 AM

yes, I agree with you, whale and baghodler do not need this forum, even miners also do not need it. they only seek knowledge in this forum, such as knowledge about trading and also mining.

but clearly we are active in this forum have a positive impact on the progress of bitcoin and crypto world. we help them to succeed altcoin that will enter the market.
The whales do not need anyone else if they are comfortable with their holdings since they got a lot of money already but at the same time if what they want is to get even more bitcoin then they need to forum and all the bitcoin resources they can get after all the whales depend on FUD to create mistrust about the price of bitcoin crash the price and then buy for cheap and for that you need to use social media and communication channels like this forum.
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:58:56 AM

You are getting a wrong idea about holders. I do think this is the best page needed for those who have a lot of bitcoins.
Why? Simple. Where would you get your daily information which is legitimate now?
There are a lot of FUD's being scattered all around the internet world. It would be best stay to a forum where everything is all about bitcoin.
Here, they mostly find out if the news is legitimate or not.
It is not about the money really. It is about keeping the bitcoin stay in its value by supporting it.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
Brunusmagnus

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:15:19 PM

Of course we don't have any impact, as individuals. We are just little fishes, and all we can do is to detect where the whales are going and to follow them. More over, it's not a good idea to stay IN FRONT of a whale...

Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:34:31 PM

Yes, we are like plankton, food for whales but at least everyone has a chance to learn and evolve into something bigger like a small fish without being eaten by whales
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: