Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:34:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall street will turn ETHER?  (Read 243 times)
MkGregor (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

Bitcoinus Community Manager

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:32:32 PM

https://upvotesclub.com/the-ethereumization-of-wall-street-is-inevitable-expe-news/

I read this article, thought, I'll share. It sounhds good, but I don't think it will happen that easy, Wall Street perfectly understands the dangers it is facing in the face of cryptocurrency markets.So they will lobby for heavy regulations and even if that happens, it will be on their terms. As a matter of fact, I think that once the cryptos will be "properly regulated" you will have to get "qualified investor" status in order to trade them.
Why?
Because the government needs to protect you! Smiley

BITCOINUS // BITCOIN PAYMENTS IN 2 SECONDS CUTTING EDGE PAYMENT PROCESSING  (https://www.bitcoinus.io/)
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:36:54 PM

I think it is not easy to they accept ETH. i have some reason for this. because of recent Session of Senate. you can hear that session on youtube.
Bitbratt

Activity: 198
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:40:07 PM

https://upvotesclub.com/the-ethereumization-of-wall-street-is-inevitable-expe-news/

I read this article, thought, I'll share. It sounhds good, but I don't think it will happen that easy, Wall Street perfectly understands the dangers it is facing in the face of cryptocurrency markets.So they will lobby for heavy regulations and even if that happens, it will be on their terms. As a matter of fact, I think that once the cryptos will be "properly regulated" you will have to get "qualified investor" status in order to trade them.
Why?
And how to be a qualified investor? What will be the qualifications to be a qualified investor? Does the government really want to protect investors or they do the tightening because they are envious and they are nit benefitting from it and somehow they want a share from people’s earnings from cryptocurrencies?  
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:43:51 PM

Why?
And how to be a qualified investor? What will be the qualifications to be a qualified investor? Does the government really want to protect investors or they do the tightening because they are envious and they are nit benefitting from it and somehow they want a share from people’s earnings from cryptocurrencies?  

They will be more than happy to grab profits from exchanges and to tax return hem, this is their only job. It's hard to protect investors, imagine a scenario where stock market dumps many lose money and it's hard to protect everyone.

Another thing is that they are aware of many pumps and dumps happening within crypto markets which is why it might take still sometime before crypto reaches th Wallstreet.
COINISM0001

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:58:31 PM

Why?

Its highly likely to happen. ETH has demonstrated that it is the next big thing after BTC. Its still has highest No of ICOs and has great 2017. I see this happening and then it should fly off to $2000 plus in no time....
MkGregor (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:21:06 PM

Why?

Its highly likely to happen. ETH has demonstrated that it is the next big thing after BTC. Its still has highest No of ICOs and has great 2017. I see this happening and then it should fly off to $2000 plus in no time....

Totally agree with you. I believe that ETH, in essence, is bigger, than BTC. However, do not underestimate the anger and fear of bankers. They are the old elite. And they will protect their profits by all costs.

BITCOINUS // BITCOIN PAYMENTS IN 2 SECONDS CUTTING EDGE PAYMENT PROCESSING  (https://www.bitcoinus.io/)
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:38:10 PM

I am amazed at eth and appreciate enough to own a number of them. It's a bit down right now but it holds well in the down turns. I hear a lot of rumors of it being adopted by business. I like the active team behind it. Eth does have some risks but it's a solid project
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:40:25 PM

Why?

It's a good article and pretty accurate. Ether is more of a danger to Wall Street than Bitcoin.

Most of wall street doesn't do payment processing (that's done by two monopolies, VISA and Mastercard). Wall street raises money for new ventures via Initial Public Offerings, which net Wall Street huge fees.

But why bother with an IPO, when you can do a cheap and cheerful ICO on the Ethereum network and raise the same amount of money, without the Wall Street fees?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
MkGregor (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:03:50 AM

Why?

It's a good article and pretty accurate. Ether is more of a danger to Wall Street than Bitcoin.

Most of wall street doesn't do payment processing (that's done by two monopolies, VISA and Mastercard). Wall street raises money for new ventures via Initial Public Offerings, which net Wall Street huge fees.

But why bother with an IPO, when you can do a cheap and cheerful ICO on the Ethereum network and raise the same amount of money, without the Wall Street fees?

That's the thing. Imagine, if they start doing that, how many people will lose their jobs? Half of Wall Street? They won't accept it, they'll call it a scam till the very last minute, I think. In the mean time, they will prepare their own answer - on the blockchain. But it will be their blockchain, on their terms.

wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:15:36 AM

I think it is not easy to they accept ETH. i have some reason for this. because of recent Session of Senate. you can hear that session on youtube.

What is your some reasons? Can you tell us for detail? I hope so
In my opinion, etherium is good to use as payment too because its quicker than bitcoin. I know compare with other altcoin which has quicker transaction like dash maybe, etherium is slower but at least compare with bitcoin its still quicker.
The only problem is the gas price now. Etherium traffic is high now so it could need high gas price to send transaction.
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:48:57 AM

Well anything is possible in the crypto world. ETH was indeed quite strong in the last 3 months.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:39:28 AM
Merited by MkGregor (1)

I actually read a similar version on cointelegraph and I guess it could work. I don't really see why not. Just look at ICOs, they are complete madness right now, so if companies start building IBOs (Initial Bond Offering) you will be able to cut down the middle man (investment banks), and go directly to the investors. Companies will not just get access to a larger number of investors, but will also save a ton of money in fees etc.

This might be the next big thing for ethereum, or other coins that enable smart contracts. Cryto can be everywhere in the finance world, and it's here to stay.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:09:13 AM

That's an interesting point to use Ethereum smart contracts for IBO (Initial Bond Offering). This Bonds market looks huge, about $3.5 trillions worldwide. As it's mentioned in the article standardized smart bond contracts can become available soon, which will simply moon Ethereum CAP.
Great news, what else can I say.
MkGregor (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:21:31 AM

I actually read a similar version on cointelegraph and I guess it could work. I don't really see why not. Just look at ICOs, they are complete madness right now, so if companies start building IBOs (Initial Bond Offering) you will be able to cut down the middle man (investment banks), and go directly to the investors. Companies will not just get access to a larger number of investors, but will also save a ton of money in fees etc.

This might be the next big thing for ethereum, or other coins that enable smart contracts. Cryto can be everywhere in the finance world, and it's here to stay.

But than IPO will be dead, and that's going to hurt A LOT of people in the finance world

mammothine

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:22:27 AM

Ethereum locking down the shadiness of Wall Street? Maybe. In an ideal world, but I doubt it's embraced anytime soon.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:36:58 AM

If  Wall Street knew how insecure Ethereum is and how its easy to make mistakes running smart contracts in it, they will drop it like dog shit. Remember the DAO or the Parity "bug"? Yeah, the developers assured everyone they were safe. One was hacked forcing Vitalik Buterin to change the transactions and the other one was incompetency.
MkGregor (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:12:45 AM

If  Wall Street knew how insecure Ethereum is and how its easy to make mistakes running smart contracts in it, they will drop it like dog shit. Remember the DAO or the Parity "bug"? Yeah, the developers assured everyone they were safe. One was hacked forcing Vitalik Buterin to change the transactions and the other one was incompetency.

Things will improve, I believe. With the cash injection into eth, and a determination of the team behind Ethereum, I believe, the security issues will be sorted. Besides, literally more than a half of the cryptomarket runs on Ethereum - it's not that bad.

GothicTauren48

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:24:53 AM

Things will improve, I believe. With the cash injection into eth, and a determination of the team behind Ethereum, I believe, the security issues will be sorted. Besides, literally more than a half of the cryptomarket runs on Ethereum - it's not that bad.

Is it really for security purposes, or they just want to get a cut from it? If security issues for sure Devs can handle that easily, but the government is making on its way to somehow take part of the cryptocurrency, IMO.
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:55:07 AM

Why?

Because IPO's raise 10x or 100x more money?  And IPOs are for shares which give you equity - ownership - in business?  Unless the structure of ICO changes pretty fundamentally they are not going to be of serious interest to Wall Street.

What is the main function of investment banks?  Its putting the deal together, securing the funding from other banks and investors to pool together the bulk of the issue, along with underwriting.  This would still be needed in a system that run on Ethereum or other smart contract.  Smart contracts can automate issuance and increase access to funds for low capitalisation projects, but they wont replace those old networks of investors and lawyers.

And to the OP point, the regulations already exist!  That's why US (and some other) citizens are excluded from just about every ICO, as they are from many IPOs.  People have tried and succeeded to launch their dodgy fund raising before, some have failed, some have scammed, and rules and regulations exist.  Cryptocurrency isn't doing anything new, only changes how some things are done.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:00:43 AM

ethereum advertising team has started releasing these articles once again because their coin lost more than 70% of its value and now they are desperate to get it back and pump it once more.

upvotesclub.com/the-ethereumization-of-wall-street-is-inevitable-expe-news/

unfortunately for WS the big players (banks) are already in ethereum. they have nothing to say if they try to enter it now.

As a matter of fact, I think that once the cryptos will be "properly regulated" you will have to get "qualified investor" status in order to trade them.
Why?

the government can do whatever the fuck they want, bitcoin and the other decentralized currencies (excluding ETH because it is already centralized) will remain decentralized and will be traded in a decentralized manner if they push too hard with unrealistic and unfair regulations.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: