Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Help?  (Read 79 times)
alt3 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:27:46 PM

Hey Guys, I could really use some help here. I'd like to participate in an ICO but have never done it before. I've joined the whitelist, but what I really need to know is about supplying an etherium address. First, I keep all my coins on two exchanges, (both Australian ones) - when applying for an ICO should I give one of these etherium wallets? Or should I make some other online/offline wallet? Is it normal procedure to give a wallet address when applying for these? And finally, does anyone have a good recommendation about a secure wallet I could use to store eth specifically for this purpose?

Thanks a lot
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:09:28 AM

When I started, I created an online wallet, although not recommended due to risk of hacking. But it's a start while you are still learning. What you provide is the public key. You hold and keep your private key and put it somewhere safe. For secure wallet recommendations, consider going to the Beginner's and Help section of this forum. It's pinned on top.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
alt3 (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:19:20 AM

When I started, I created an online wallet, although not recommended due to risk of hacking. But it's a start while you are still learning. What you provide is the public key. You hold and keep your private key and put it somewhere safe. For secure wallet recommendations, consider going to the Beginner's and Help section of this forum. It's pinned on top.

Hey mate, thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. I missed that section. Wink
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:42:36 AM

seriously ico has really help me, i remember when i started i was without fund, i move into bounty then i started investing on ico coins which burst me up today. i think ico really help if you take your time to study the project well and hold them for long.
Coins4Favors

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:52:29 AM

Hey Guys, I could really use some help here. I'd like to participate in an ICO but have never done it before. I've joined the whitelist, but what I really need to know is about supplying an etherium address. First, I keep all my coins on two exchanges, (both Australian ones) - when applying for an ICO should I give one of these etherium wallets? Or should I make some other online/offline wallet? Is it normal procedure to give a wallet address when applying for these? And finally, does anyone have a good recommendation about a secure wallet I could use to store eth specifically for this purpose?

Thanks a lot

If you send Ether from an exchange wallet, your investment is likely lost !
The smart contract of the ICO coin will send the equivalent amount of whatever coin you should get for the Ether you send to the address you sent it from.
If that is an exchange wallet, it will not know how to deal with those AltCoins or you are not able to add them to the wallet interface, so they are lost.

Always set up a personal wallet that you have full control over for participating in an ICO.
Professional ICOs will warn you about this and give you a step by step instruction when you sign up.
We are preparing an ICO ourselves (www.c4f.io) and will provide a step by step instruction to people who sign up for being whitelisted for that very reason.

Good luck with your ICO adventures, wish you lot's of profits  Smiley
YYmeans

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:53:09 AM

Thanks a lot
Supply your ETH wallet address is the normal procedure, they will distribute tokens to the address if it is ETH based token.
You mustn't use the exchange address to join in an ico , or you may lose your token.
I suggest you apply a new wallet address to join in the ico , use mytherwallet to create to a new one.

Never tell others with your private key  in any case!It's the most important.

anhhung409

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:03:25 AM

I think the best e-wallet now for Ethereum and the altcoins is MEW. Almost everyone uses that wallet, it is easy and safe to create a wallet. Besides, it supports every currency, every technology now and every ICO accepts it

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:40:11 AM

Thanks a lot
the first thing may have to ask, does the ico receive funds from the exchange wallet? because as far as I know ico average do not accept it.

if you want to participate in an ico, i suggest you to use ethereum wallet, you can make it here https://myetherwallet.com or you can install the metamask https://metamask.io add-on in chrome, firefox, opera, and the new brave browser.

do not be afraid if they ask for your address wallet, "remember do not give private key".
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:09:26 AM

Never send your money to and ICOs address from exchanger account. make your own wallet that you have the private key. For example use myetherwallet, metamask, or mist.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:17:36 AM

Thanks a lot

I advise you not to use wallet exchange, it is because some ICO use smart contract, which automatically, the tokens you buy will be sent directly to sender address, if you use wallet exchange, then it will not support and lost, if you want to join as well as in ICO, you have to be careful, because there are so many ICO scam, choose carefully. If I may suggest, please join ICO daneel.io, the information at www.daneel.io
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:25:10 AM

Thanks a lot

Never send exchange wallet funds to an ICO because mostly they are not accepting it and your investment will be lost. You should create an external wallet, use myetherwallet or a hardware wallet that supports ethereum. Just keep in mind always, never send your private key to anyone, ever!

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:35:12 AM

Most of these new ICOs require you to be part of their Whitelist and KYC, and the address you submitted must be the one you registered with, myetherwallet.com is a good wallet you can use and you can download it and use it offline. Just make sure your fund is not from exchange addresss because you will lose your tokens
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: