Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-Discussion Forum is going Downhill  (Read 137 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:00:42 AM

This entire section is degrading at a steady rate, from ICO adverts, to scammy Airdrop promotions, and lets not forget your occasional news article listing to promote a new website.

What has happened to all the real discussions regarding coins. Sure there are a few good threads, but the amount of shills and puppet accounts is nearing levels i've never seen before, and all the real-discussions are getting buried in dogshit.

Admins, lets go and filter some of this bullshit, start banning/restricting brand new accounts from making new threads.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:51:36 AM

I agree 100%. This forum should be used like a tool for learning as it was when I first came here. Maybe the root cause of the problem is partly because there have been many useless projects being developed and they use Bitcointalk as their platform for shilling.

I reckon some stricter rules should be enforced to discourage them from such behavior.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:56:48 AM

The danger of reducing the dumb threads is it will force all those trying to meet signature posting requirements into the threads were serious discussions are taking place.

Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:58:59 AM

The danger of reducing the dumb threads is it will force all those trying to meet signature posting requirements into the threads were serious discussions are taking place.

^^^Truth

Coins4Favors

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:06:04 AM

Understand the frustration...

So, in your view, what is a legit way for a ICO to get a review from the community on here ?

In order to get noticed and reviewed, projects need to post that they are there... unfortunately the number of ICOs has reached crazy levels, which makes it difficult to stick out for the individual one and at the same time causes flooding of forums for the other users.

No good idea how to solve this...

Winterizing

Activity: 312
Merit: 10

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:13:42 AM

I think i agree with you. Many people are advertising ICOs and starting topics that is just copy pasted from the white paper. There are also people using alts to promote shady ICOs that invites investors to invest upon.

Savik

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:17:38 AM

So, in your view, what is a legit way for a ICO to get a review from the community on here ?

In order to get noticed and reviewed, projects need to post that they are there... unfortunately the number of ICOs has reached crazy levels, which makes it difficult to stick out for the individual one and at the same time causes flooding of forums for the other users.

...Maybe there shouldn't be so many ICOs. Maybe the truly good projects will get discovered on their own merits without having to hype shit.

QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:24:56 AM

This entire section is degrading at a steady rate, from ICO adverts, to scammy Airdrop promotions, and lets not forget your occasional news article listing to promote a new website.

What has happened to all the real discussions regarding coins. Sure there are a few good threads, but the amount of shills and puppet accounts is nearing levels i've never seen before, and all the real-discussions are getting buried in dogshit.

Admins, lets go and filter some of this bullshit, start banning/restricting brand new accounts from making new threads.

I agree restrict newbie/brand new users from creating threads. I always thought it was a shame they got rid of newbie jail in the first place.
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:30:47 AM

make newbie unable to post here maybe can be good rules, i mean there some newbie that really make good post but most of them just asking really dumb question and spamming about their refferal link.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:51:08 AM

This is a bad impact on ICO's promotion.  As long as there is no other promotional media as good as bitcointalk, many users only used this forum to do their bounties activity. I also agree about banning "brand new" account from creating new topics.

Coins4Favors

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:58:03 AM

...Maybe there shouldn't be so many ICOs. Maybe the truly good projects will get discovered on their own merits without having to hype shit.

Yes, hope you are right... we just start our own marketing. Will see how it goes without flooding the forums but is tough to get noticed these days, regardless how good the idea I think.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:52:36 PM

I completely agree.
I saw like 10 viberate threads in the last 10 minutes. All of them with shallow and superficial content.

The shilling here is unbearable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: