Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:52:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NicerMiner 0.5.8 - MPH mining app based on NHML v1.9.0.5  (Read 2362 times)
mobileanarchy (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:29:40 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 02:50:16 AM by mobileanarchy

Hi all,

Release 0.5.8 - 2018-08-09
Fixed an integration bug with CryptoDredge - Live hashrate works now.
Upgraded CryptoDredge to version 0.8.3
Upgraded ethminer to version 0.15.0
Upgraded EWBF to version 0.5
Upgraded OurMiner to version 1.1.0

Download NicerMiner v0.5.8:
https://github.com/odedolive/NicerMiner/raw/master/releases/NicerMiner%200.5.8.zip

Version History:

Release 0.5.7a - 2018-08-02
Fixed an integration bug with CryptoDredge.

Release 0.5.7 - 2018-07-31
Updated to sync with NHML v1.9.0.5
Upgraded miner: EWBF 0.4 Zhash miner (for BTG mining)
New miner: CryptoDredge 0.8.0 (Lyra2z, NeoScrypt, Skein, Lyra2REv2)
Please note that BTG auto exchange is currently off on MPH, so if you don't want to mine BTG, disable the algorithm EquihashBTG in the UI.

Release 0.5.6 - 2018-07-03
Updated to sync with NHML v1.9.0.4
New miner: EWBF 0.3 Zhash miner (for BTG mining)
Please note that as of writing this release note, auto-exchange is unavailable for BTG, so profitability data is always 0 for this coin.
If you choose to mine this coin exclusively (without profit-switching), you will need to disable all algorithms except EquihashBTG, and then click on the "Start" button to begin mining.

Release 0.5.5 - 2018-06-28
New miner: OurMiner 1.0.0 - for faster Lyra2z support (Nvidia)
New miner: hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork - for faster Neoscrypt support (Nvidia)
Removed JCE Miner - The integration was unstable on lower-end CPUs and multi-CPU rigs.

Release 0.5.4 - 2018-06-14
Upgraded cpuminer-opt to version 3.8.8.1
Added a new CPU miner - JCE Miner - the fastest CNV7 miner (see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3281187.0)

Release 0.5.3 - 2018-06-06
Fixing a bug with stats readout from the newly added ethminer 0.14.0
Adding nvidiasetp0state.exe to optimize Nvidia mining

Release 0.5.2 - 2018-06-05
Updated to sync with NHML v1.9.0.3
Bundled ethminer 0.14.0 which provides better performance and stability for CUDA devices.
You can still use the "original" version if you like. Benchmark both, and see what works best for you.

Release 0.5.1 - 2018-05-24
Updated to sync with NHML v1.9.0.2

Release 0.5.0 - 2018-05-07
Updated to sync with NHML v1.9.0.1
Removing support for ASIC controlled algos (Groestl, Myriad-Groestl and Qubit) - no point in wasting time benching them
Adding support to new CPU algos - Yescrypt, Lyra2z and another CryptonightV7 miner that might be faster than XmrStak on your machine
Ethash/Keccak dual=mining is now supported out-of-the-box, no need to override anything.

Release 0.4.6 - 2018-04-12
Hotfix release due to MPH renaming the Cryptonight Hub to Cryptonight-Monero
You only really need to upgrade to this release if you mine the Cryptonight V7 Hub.

Release 0.4.5 - 2018-04-11
Adding support to the following algorithms (only for Nvidia): Skein, Groestl, Lyra2z, Myriad-Groestl and Qubit.
Claymore Dual Miner Ethash+Keccak is still not officially supported by NHML, you will need to follow the override instruction described in the release notes for version 0.2 (below)

Release 0.4 - 2018-04-09
Updated to sync with NHML v1.9.0.0 alpha
Supporting Cryptonight v7 to mine the MPH Cryptonight Hub

Release 0.3.1 - 2018-03-21
This is a hotfix release, please see version 0.3 full release notes.
Fixing an issue with misconfigured ethminer pool url argument

Release 0.3 - 2018-03-21
Fixing an issue with misconfigured ccminer arguments (affecting Neoscript and other algorithms)
Fixing an issue with truncating the server url on Ethminer
This release is still based on NHML v1.8.1.9 due to mixed reviews for the new profitability switching refactoring that took place on NHML v1.8.1.10, I will evaluate the next version to decide if it will be kept in sync with NHML down the road.

Release 0.2 - 2018-02-25
Updated to be in line with NHML v1.8.1.9
Added support to Claymore's Dual Miner v11.0 (Dual mine Ethash and Keccak)
Since this miner downloads the miners package used by NHML, you will need to overwrite the downloaded version of Claymore Dual Miner with the latest version manually (otherwise the new Ethash/Keccak combo will fail to mine/benchmark).

So after you download this version, and run it for the first time (to download the miners package), you will need to download the latest Claymore Dual Miner and replace the binaries in the following path: \bin_3rdparty\claymore_dual with the content of the zip file containing Claymore's binaries.

I decided to see if I can adapt the great NHML to mine on MPH, and this is what I came up with.

Some key changes that were made to NHML:

• Switched the profitability data source from NiceHash to MPH algo profitability
  • Changed the NiceHash bitcoin address field to MPH username field
  • Added an API Key field to allow the app to load your balance and display it on the app's status-bar (this is optional, if you leave the API Key field blank, the balance will remain 0) To display your MPH balance in BTC, all your existing balances are converted to BTC using exchange rates from cryptocompare.com.
  • Supporting all 3 geographic regions that MPH has to offer

Dev Fees
To support the development of this miner, the miner will mine for the developer for 10 minutes every 24 hours (this is a very low fee of 0.7%).

How will this happen?

for every 24 hours the application will be mining, there will be a 10 minute "break" in which the app will stop mining for you, and will start mining for me. when those 10 minutes are done, it will resume mining for you where it left off, and based on the most profitable algorithm at the time.
Please note: the 10 minute dev fee mining period will be randomly placed on every 24 hours of active mining, so it's impossible to predict when it will take place.
To be completely transparent - during dev fee mining, the window's background will be switched to bright yellow - trust me - you can't miss it.

I really want to take it further and implement a more advanced profitability switching mechanism.
The implementation in NHLM is pretty simplistic - it only supports algo-switching, upgrading this mechanism will be quite challenging, but it's doable.
The challenge here is to keep a fine balance between updating and adding functionality and maintaining compatibility with the source, so that any update/bug-fix/feature that is being added to NHML can be easily merged to this code base.

Wiki: https://github.com/odedolive/NicerMiner/wiki
Releases: https://github.com/odedolive/NicerMiner/wiki/Releases

Also, check out my android app to monitor your MPH stats:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileanarchy.mphstats&hl=en
Mercutio999

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:21:51 PM

You stole Nicehash, changed a couple of bits and stuck a dev fee on? Good luck with that!
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:27:56 PM

I see where you are coming from, but here is NHML license:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/master/LICENSE.txt

In any case, changing an open source project is not considered stealing if you meet the project's license terms.

I modified a great open-source project to do something else/different, and "stuck a dev fee on" to see if I can use it to support future development.
I also specified my future plans, but if no one cares it's your call. I tried to be as transparent as possible.
Pilgrim75

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:19:00 PM

I like this undertaking.
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:32:10 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 01:01:49 PM by mobileanarchy

I removed all the built in dual mining options NHML had because they were all irrelevant due to recent ASICs releases (Baikal).

I'll look into implementing Claymore 11 with the new algos, but I can't really say how long it will take.
I'm hoping NHML devs will do it in the meantime and I'll be able to use their implementation (adding a miner to the app is pretty complicated, as it ties to the whole benchmark process they have)

Regarding a default coin - that can be done in the mph workers dashboard.
You can specify which coin should be mined by a worker pointing at an algorithm hub port.

Edit: after looking into it, this is going to be impossible to implement without some sort of hackery. Currently NHML is downloading all the miners binaries as a zip file hosted on GitHub (under NiceHash's control)
I can't replace one version with another
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:38:57 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 03:55:48 AM by mobileanarchy

So I ended up implementing the Dual Eth+Keccak using Claymore 11 directly into the NHML repo:
https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/pull/989
This pull request can only be approved by the NHML repo manager(s).

I'm not sure what their release schedule is, but once it ends up in their codebase, I can then merge it into mine
Theoretically I can do it right now, but there will have to be some manual process for users, to replace the downloaded Claymore version with the newer one manually.
If you guys are OK with that, I can release a new version for my miner ASAP.
phuocduong

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:41:48 AM

dont know how to use it
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:56:47 AM

Download the zip file:
https://github.com/odedolive/NicerMiner/wiki/Releases

Unzip, and run the NicerMiner.exe executable.
Enter your MPH user name, set a worker name (and enter your API key - this is optional and used to load you MPH balance)

You will need to benchmark your hardware (Benchmark button). Once you do, you can start mining.
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:57:50 PM

Could someone point out to me what would be the advantage of using this over either going NiceHash directly or hitting MPH directly?

Thanks.
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:06:38 AM

It will basically mine the most profitable algorithm at any given point based on your benchmarked hardware.
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:36:52 PM

It will basically mine the most profitable algorithm at any given point based on your benchmarked hardware.

That sounds about the same as any other profit switching miners... What's different about this one compare to say, Nice Hash miner on Windows?
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:04:47 PM

The NiceHash Legacy Miner, which is the foundation of this miner, is one of the best options if you have a system built of cards that perform differently on different algorithms (for example a mix of AMD and Nvidia)
This is the only miner I had good experience with, that can mine multiple different algorithms at the same time, based on the benchmark results of individual cards (and not the system as a whole)
bobguy22

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:48:25 PM

I can't even use the miner It tries to download the miners No progress bar happens and It just locks up https://i.imgur.com/qXcF9KH.png
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:40:47 PM

Please make sure you have all the dependencies and prerequisites described here:
https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy#run

If you can run the original NiceHash miner, you should be able to run this one.
bobguy22

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:23:37 PM

Disabled all AVs and the miner used to work a day or so ago and now both of them don't work I am very confused [edit] downloaded bins manually and its fine
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:48:59 PM

Release 0.2 - 2018-02-25

Updated to be in line with NHML v1.8.1.9
Added support to Claymore's Dual Miner v11.0 (Dual mine Ethash and Keccak)
From NHML release notes: Fixed error where auto-downloading of miner bins fails after new GitHub service changes

Also,  I created a pull request on the NHML repo to add support to Claymore's Dual Miner v11.0: https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/pull/989
I really hoped it would end up in the latest version of HHML, but it didn't, so I ended up patching it manually on this version of NicerMiner.

Cheers.
bitbomber05

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:09:27 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 05:23:17 AM by bitbomber05

Came across this page and have been using the miner for the past 5 hours or so and I'm really impressed with it.
The algorithm switch doesn't flip flop between coins like multi pool miner and it seems fairly stable.
Just a couple of questions, do we still need to manually download Claymore Dual Miner v11.0 (or newer) in Nice Miner v0.2 or has it been added?
The GPU miner stopped after about 5 hours when it switched to NeoScrypt, not sure if these items are related or this is a bug?

EDIT:
After checking Neoscrypt individually I can confirm its not mining, I also checked rest of algos and the only ones the work are the 3 Equihash algos and Daggerhash (Claymore). Is it possible the miners did not download correctly or something?
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:00:09 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 04:29:50 PM by mobileanarchy

What OS are you using?
I found that Windows 10 Defender delete the miner executable when the app attempts to lunch it.
I will take a look at the neoscript miner tonight.

Regarding the dual miner - you will need to download it yourself and overwrite the miner that NHML downloads automatically upon launch.
I created a pull request on the NHML with Claymore 11.X support over a month ago hoping it will get merged to their codebase to avoid this extra step, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Edit:
Forgot to ask - are you using Nvidia or AMD GPUs? so that I'll know which miner to try to debug.
bitbomber05

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:36:48 PM

I'm using Windows 10 mining with Nvidia GTX 1070.

I tried turning off Windows Defender and added the whole NiceMiner folder to the exclusions list before re-installing (downloading miners) again just to be sure. I also downloaded Claymore Dual Miner 11.5, extracted and moved and replaced the contents of the bin_3rdparty "claymore_dual" folder.
I also rechecked/reinstalled the NHML dependencies before re-launching but its still doing the same thing.  Embarrassed

This time i left the miner windows open for each algo so I could get the error messages, each algo provides the following:
Cryptonight, keccak, lyrar2v2: Http request failed: Empty reply from server; get_work failed, retry after 30 seconds
Neoscrypt: Http request failed: Empty reply from server; json_rpc_call failed, retry after 10 seconds
Daggerhashimoto (ethminer): Connecting to stratum server b.miningpoolhub.com:17020; resolve: No such host is known; reconnecting in 3 seconds...
Daggerkeccak doesnt launch mining window at all

The other 4 algos still work as before.. Huh
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:00:20 AM

I'm looking into it.
I see a problem in the ccminer arguments builder... so I fixed that and that should resolve all ccminer-related algos.
I'll take a look at the Claymore dual miner now (to make sure it works with version 11.5) and will post an update as soon as possible (probably in a couple of hours)

Thanks for the heads up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: