Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:43:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if cryptocurrency withdraw accounts freeze by government  (Read 359 times)
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:50:26 PM

There is no chance of that especially after the cryptocurrency hearing in US senate, world and the governments seem to start accepting cryptocurrencies and all the hurdles will slowly fade away. We have a bright future mate.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Cocojam0610
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

FILIPINO TRANSLATOR

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:46:43 PM

i think it won't happen esp. now that US conducted senate meeting talking about bitcoin and supports it

amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:57:04 PM

If crypto business is illegal in your country, then the government can ban all crypto exchanges and there bank accounts. And if you are also involved in crypto trading, then there are possibilities that they will freeze your bank account too. I think if all your coins are kept in Myetherwallet which is protected by the private key then you are safe. And last if you ask how to withdraw them, the best option is to transfer your funds to your friend account, where crypto trading is legal. And after that transfer your all fund to your account from your friends account which is legal.
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:07:00 PM

i have a big question

i have seen some governments are freezing crypto withdrawing accounts. so whats the best option / alternatives for such situations ?

why the goverment freeze crypto accounts? goverment can closed exchange or banned ICO because of sec. but they can't freeze ones account though. well if your goverment do that then withdraw all earnings and say goodbye to cryptoworld.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:17:59 AM

This sounds fake news and clear heresy. Can you please elaborate the the exact date or just a places it's okey to make your statements quite true. To make your question attractive maybe you can add the specific governments that freeze crypto.
Obviously, some people are fund of generating fake news, probably by not hearing things well or just wanting to spread FUD, while some will just gladly grab the news and start acting on it, which is what the OP is presently doing.

How would you say you saw where this is done when obviously I can bet my last card that he just heard it and that is just simply how they mislead other people ? Anyway, in such situation, imagining it could happen, and then it is best to go the P2P way or just move out of the shithole country.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:27:27 PM

Are you sure about that ? i never heard about it and never had that problem. Even if there prolem like that, you still can sell it to another person and ask that person to send the money to your bank account.
I am sure this is just a mere speculation and there is nothing like this ever going on anywhere. Even in places where there is embargo on cryptocurrency, exchanges are not even available. However, P2P platforms are there like localbitcoins, so anyone in a situation like this can just decide to make use of platforms like this or rather just take all the bitcoin they have and move to a sane governmental system.

I have not seen anywhere that cryptocurrency withdraw accounts freeze by government and I am not sure I have heard of such incidents except for some regions where there is a huge clamp down on cryptocurrency with attack on exchanges. But why on earth will my government want to freeze my account when I am not breaking any rule or I am not in the era of an autocratic system?
Tsubachuchu

Activity: 316

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:31:00 PM

In our country, I heard that there are some accounts that have been freeze or hold because they are questioned that where is the money coming from, I heard also that if they have a proof where the money is coming from they can withdraw it. I don't know if the other countries are this.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

Govts. can only ban exchanges and trading sites. But if you have your coins in your own wallet with private keys, then you still have the authority over those coins. And then you can trade them with people directly like on this forum itself, or maybe via social media like Facebook, Twitter etc. But of course, these methods are very complex and risky.
Just as simple as that and in that case where exchanges are banned, the user will not even have a way to cash out but banning accounts or freezing account of crypto users is one thing I have not heard and any government that will do that should even be sued, unless of course it is not a democratic system of government. Even outside this forum, there are still some platforms where you can do direct transaction without going through exchanges, so I see no way government will even be able to trace such transactions.
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:08:26 PM

I have never have never seen, neither have i heard where government freeze any crypto account. I do not think it can work that way. Well, aside the fact that the government of a particular country or state suspects that an individual is into fraudulent activity(s), then in the cause of investigation, the account of such person might be freeze (and that should be the account domicile in a physical bank) and not to freeze an account purely meant for just crypto.
Dluretic

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:10:33 PM

Most of the time this is just a guess because there is no government that limits the revenue of cryptocurrencies, but if you receive black money, then the government are entirely at risk of freezing your bank account.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:14:12 PM

your question is indeed big, but it doesn't call for any form of panic. I feel a government can only freeze an account depending on the engagement of the bearer of such account. Cryptocurency is a digital currency and not the physical money you see. You own your bank and you control it, so no government can freeze what you control.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:18:16 PM

Govts. can only ban exchanges and trading sites. But if you have your coins in your own wallet with private keys, then you still have the authority over those coins. And then you can trade them with people directly like on this forum itself, or maybe via social media like Facebook, Twitter etc. But of course, these methods are very complex and risky.

+1. The main feature of crypto is that nobody can get access/block/freeze your funds. You have full rights and freedom to do whatever you want until you and only you know your private keys.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:23:58 PM

this is also what I'm worried about. don't let this happen. but can the government freeze cryptocurrency withdraw accounts?
rowel21

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:29:56 PM

Don't  spread a humor like this  government has no power to do that except totally banned of crypto in our country  you have your access for your wallet are  you saying that the goverment will hacked  all those wallet crypto is not just like a physical bank it can't freeze by the government it self

>        https://MFCHAIN.com        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM

Code:
>        https://MFCHAIN.com        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:33:56 PM

i have a big question

i have seen some governments are freezing crypto withdrawing accounts. so whats the best option / alternatives for such situations ?

I have seen some banks stopping people from buying crypto, but not withdrawing crypto to fiat.
If they are doing that and it is across a whole country, so there are no banks that let you withdraw, then it is certainly difficult - other ways to convert to fiat are risky. I think there are going to be some crypto projects soon that let you convert to fiat, so probably best to wait.

cryptotitan

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:59:42 PM

i have a big question

Get someone from other countries or the best thing to do is to have someone who can have your bitcoins liquidated in other countries,best choice would be the people in venezuela where cryptocurrencies are legally accepted nationwide.There are some governments that are not strict with the cryptocurrencies you just need to search it,or you can get some vacation to these countries and there you can liquidate your money.

trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:02:09 PM

Let's hope that this can not happen, so probably all the same it is worth keeping your deposit decentralized, that is, keep on different wallets and different services. I think this will increase your chances.
Manc89

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:04:22 PM

Are you sure about that ? i never heard about it and never had that problem. Even if there prolem like that, you still can sell it to another person and ask that person to send the money to your bank account.

This is the first time also i heard about this problem. By the way, how can government do it? I am doubt.
I am so easy to handle this because my government not freeze. I sell my asset in local exchanger, and send local fiat to local bank.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 01:06:50 PM

i have a big question

why the goverment freeze crypto accounts? goverment can closed exchange or banned ICO because of sec. but they can't freeze ones account though. well if your goverment do that then withdraw all earnings and say goodbye to cryptoworld.
For the meantime I guess the government hasn't any control in it, so they can't freeze crypto accounts. Maybe they could only have done this action if they were implemented a cryptocurrency as a legal matters in their government this time we can say that they have a control to the cryptocurrency.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:08:24 PM

i have a big question

Maybe you have seen governments (Banks mostly) blocking the accounts of trading sites dealing with the fiat currency. Which is obvious because crypto is not a small play now it's a billion dollar marketcap industry now. So banks are afraid of this now as cryptos are started to take away the control from them gradually.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: