Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet changing to MyCrypto.com?  (Read 608 times)
cj_tip (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:49:39 AM

Just saw the official verified MEW twitter account changed name to MyCrypto.com / @mycrypto.  Below is the official Medium notice posted by them :

https://medium.com/mycrypto/mycrypto-launch-6a066bf41093

It seems that @tayvano_ and her team branched out forming a new company, leaving MEW and @kvhnuke_.  After reading the medium post, I really do appreciate everything Taylor has done for MEW and the community & respect her decision to lead her team in a new direction.  However, this all seems so abrupt.  Also, it seems that the decision to change the verified official MEW twitter account name was made without an agreement with @kvhnuke_.   I feel a bit confused by the situation at the moment.  Gonna keep an eye on both @mycrypto and the new twitter account for @myetherwallet for now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:15:53 AM

Hey all, don’t freak out but we’re no longer @myetherwallet. MEW still exists, but we're now MyCrypto. 💙
Yeah verified, its true. And also some other people say this
We have confirmed that @mycrypto is run by the real @tayvano_ and @spencecoin. Please do not report MyCrypto as a phishing site.
Additionally, we do not have reason to believe @myetherwallet has been hijacked or is insecure, it has simply split in two.
Im not really understand why they launch it first before anounce anything.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:17:16 AM

myetherwallet always had issues for me connecting to my metamask... mycrypto.com has connected first time without any problems.
all good, as far as i'm concerned.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:34:26 AM

Is this true? I have not heard any news yet. It's better to be careful that it's just a phishing site. It is better if we have the MEW's official statement about it

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:50:10 AM

Just saw the official verified MEW twitter account changed name to MyCrypto.com / @mycrypto.  Below is the official Medium notice posted by them :

It seems that @tayvano_ and her team branched out forming a new company, leaving MEW and @kvhnuke_.  After reading the medium post, I really do appreciate everything Taylor has done for MEW and the community & respect her decision to lead her team in a new direction.  However, this all seems so abrupt.  Also, it seems that the decision to change the verified official MEW twitter account name was made without an agreement with @kvhnuke_.   I feel a bit confused by the situation at the moment.  Gonna keep an eye on both @mycrypto and the new twitter account for @myetherwallet for now.

It was a tough decision but change is always that difficult. However it is great that MEW should have a competition even though this competition should be from a cofounder. As it is we need more wallets for Ether as we are evolving to a tokenised system. Lets see how this plays out. I will be watching both Wallets

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
tvtinh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

ICO Advisor | Top 15 ICOBench Expert

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:32:45 AM

Is this still confusing to me but from different tweets, it seems the company is now divided but the service remain unchanged

Mr. Tinh Tran is among top 15 Global ICO Experts on ICOBench
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:01:35 AM

https://steemit.com/crypto/@thecryptotea/myetherwallet-team-splits-to-mycrypto

Frankly speaking, I have a shabby idea about this still me to reading articles on the topic. One such article's link is posted by me above.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:10:55 AM

I recommend not use this mycrypto while not be official news, or mycrypto can become someone's crypto ))

auliahr

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:25:12 AM

This is very confusing to me, they say that remains in control of the MIT github repository, the MEW domain, the AWS instances, and the MyEtherWallet social media accounts.

I do not want to be careless about this polemic, I will wait and see the progress that will happen.
blok

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:27:02 AM

It's very simple, the founder team has split up into MEW and MC. Both seem to be legit from a cursory glance, just led by different people.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:10:02 AM

Could this be an issue at some point in the future for MEW users? I realize MEW is open source so I would assume no, but can you think of any reason any of us that use MEW daily should be concerned?
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:17:32 AM

This looks like a 99% scam to me. Stick with MEW.
JRDuran

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:17:52 AM

myetherwallet always had issues for me connecting to my metamask... mycrypto.com has connected first time without any problems.
all good, as far as i'm concerned.
OK, let's see how far the good report so far will last since it is just newly developed. We will come to know the other results maybe after few years. And so praise for now to this is good to hear.
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:19:59 AM

Is this really accurate. Because I see no MEW page at all. Is there a phising? Need to check if this is true. alert everyone
griezmann

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:21:46 AM

Really ? i haven't read about it yet,
this thread is quite informative and useful for me,
let's hope with this development will be beneficial for us.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

Hey all, don’t freak out but we’re no longer @myetherwallet. MEW still exists, but we're now MyCrypto. 💙
Yeah verified, its true. And also some other people say this
We have confirmed that @mycrypto is run by the real @tayvano_ and @spencecoin. Please do not report MyCrypto as a phishing site.
Additionally, we do not have reason to believe @myetherwallet has been hijacked or is insecure, it has simply split in two.
Im not really understand why they launch it first before anounce anything.
i guess they want to prevent the users complaining since etherdelta has lot of issues to resolved and this action just proven they are running from obligation,why not have a gracefull exit than just hiding like a thief..its been a month when i last try to make transaction to etherdelta and it sucks.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:27:51 AM

Much better to wait for any formal announcement coming from MEW team, if the split or the change is legit and they are allowing this, if they need to separate from the team then it might be a good competition and it will benefits the users as they have now new option to use, MEW team needs to speak up about this matter and enlighten the users, just hoping that it wont do any issue about those tokens that we have inside the site if ever they decided to have a newer site / service.
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:45:26 AM

The creation of other different wallet options from Myetherwallet will be really nice for Ethereum blockchain's future. I think that these types of enterprises should especially support for the benefit of the crypto community.
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:03:43 PM

I think that an old friend is better than the new two, and at first I definitely will not switch to a new wallet.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:08:41 PM

This is very confusing to me, they say that remains in control of the MIT github repository, the MEW domain, the AWS instances, and the MyEtherWallet social media accounts.

I do not want to be careless about this polemic, I will wait and see the progress that will happen.
This is all new to me, I think that things will be okay though.
I will wait to see what happens to the company as well.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███