Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin price drop so fast?  (Read 235 times)
summer888 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:00:26 AM

Why the bitcoin price can drop so fast without any omen? Its trend like the classic bubble wave...
GloriousDonkey52

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:12:53 AM

Why the bitcoin price can drop so fast without any omen? Its trend like the classic bubble wave...

Its a normal thing in cryptocurrency and I believe its because of its volatility. If your too afraid of this ups and down then I suggest quitting crypto. It will just cause you a heart attack.  Grin just saying
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3843

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:20:03 AM

Because bitcoin's price pretty much tripled from around $5000 in November to around $20,000 in late December. The hype pretty much died down after that so more people were selling. That's not the only reason though, that's only one of the few reasons.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hinpoc.hin

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:21:28 AM

bitcoin price not only drop so fast, but it will raise fast too.
it is common in the crypto market. the crypto market price is unstable.
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:24:56 AM

Yes,  that is true,  bitcoin price drops so fast and increases  at the same time.  Digital currency is commonly rise and fall,  it depends on the supply and demand and with the issues that we encounter in the social media.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:38:18 AM

The price drops too fast because the demand gets thinner too low and more people started to sell their coins.People keep telling about the bubble for too long but the price only changes according to the demand.And I think the price of bitcoin increased too much in 2017 so it looks like the correction.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:41:06 AM

this is not normal, when bitcoin price is at $ 5000 point up and high to $ 20000 point within 1 month, I analyze this growth is not normal and strange.

and that's the main reason why today bitcoin is also going down drastically. go up quickly then down will also be fast.

maybe you understand with my intentions.

xplorer79

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:50:31 AM

What is going very high very fast could also go down very fast, it is a law of nature...
More seriously, there is also a dip in stock exchanges currently, it could be related.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:51:49 AM

this is not a bubble not a ponzi scheme. but this fluctuation is not normal.
I see the main reason is that sales are rising at the end of the year, as well as Christmas.

and making bitcoin can not maintain its value and position. but you do not worry, because everything will be good again.

Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 07:05:42 AM

Some individual thought to sell their Bitcoin because it reaches their target price and lead the market of Bitcoin to decrease a lot, we can do the same we are the generations of hodlers and that being said the next generation would also ask the same question why bitcoin price drop so fast?
because when that time happens it reaches our target price by then.
aksen

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:07:27 AM

Bitcoin prices are very volatile and is mainly affected by the news related to crypto. It is dropping so fast because of the negative news we keep hearing about it.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:13:23 AM

I think the first question that should be asked though is that why bitcoin price skyrocketed last year right? Even I was surprised last year when I started joining bitcoin the price was just around $700 then after just few months suddenly became $3000 and eventually reach the ATH $19000. It is really mind blowing that a digital currency has managed to increase its value for few months this 2017 but with what happened i have expected that its price will easily crumble down. Now bitcoin forks and corrections take in place and it caused the overwhelming price of bitcoin to go down and in addition to that, there are panic sellers who contribute as well why the price drops.

summer888 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:14:23 AM

this is not a bubble not a ponzi scheme. but this fluctuation is not normal.
I see the main reason is that sales are rising at the end of the year, as well as Christmas.

and making bitcoin can not maintain its value and position. but you do not worry, because everything will be good again.
That feels like we all taking the roller coaster...
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:16:42 AM

Because bitcoin still has a lot of volatility.
People just want to make a profit by investing in bitcoins, so the price of bitcoin is highly volatile.
There has been too much bad news lately and the market has not regained confidence, so if there is bad news, the price will fall sharply.

ChickenDuck

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:19:45 AM

Because lost of governments against it. They try to stop BTC.

meer45

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:22:42 AM

It will definitely not rise at the speed it fell, because the fall was a mini-crash. If the price started to increase at the speed towards the end of 2017 once again, it would be worrying for me as well, because that increase wasn't healthy at all, as we can see now.

tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:23:30 AM

Although bitcoin is very volatile and rose quickly last year these are not the sole reasons for the drop. There are governments banning bitcoin and some banks refusing potential investors from using their funds to buy bitcoin. These actions put doubt into investors minds halting them buying and in some cases encouraging selling hence drop in price as more sellers than buyers.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 07:26:19 AM

my theory is that the fast and big price drop of bitcoin was mainly because of the excessive number of newbies invested in bitcoin. and these newcomers who have never been in bitcoin and never bothered to educate themselves are considered weak hands. with the first sign of FUD they panicked an started dumping their coins. so the drop became huge whereas it could have been a lot smaller if not for these newbies.

all the rest of the drama like calling bitcoin a "bubble" or talk of "bans" are pure bullshit.

--looking for signature--
musharaf

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:34:05 AM

There are so many factors involved in the bitcoin price fall like the one will be the new year arrivals before new year the people have sold their bitcoin and for the sake of the profit and their personal need of money so the supply of bitcoin rise and the demand graph decline due to which the price of bitcoin decline very fast every one has surprised by this but the big holders have caused this panic for us they are holding a much reserve of the bitcoin and they are operating the market.

yonghaseo

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:45:26 AM

Given circumstance or common scenario to bitcoin, its just fluctuations in demand to a certain time. No other strange reasons but it's on way to get up the price higher.

●●● XPETROLEUM | Building The Trust Oil Economy With Blockchain Technology ●●●
Visit : https://xpetroleum.com/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: