Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm eating a sandwich  (Read 2638 times)
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:39:16 PM

So I went to eat at olive garden with my girlfriend the kid and my little brother well my brother ordered a coke, the kiddo looks at my brother points to him and yells coke head several times with the waitress standing there.

Figured I'd share thought it was funny.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flagel8

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:45:38 PM

Busted! The Coke gave it away! Smiley

I just assumed that well, you know, OZU...

Only "Tokyo Twilight", and "Tokyo Story" blows me away every time I see it. That's it so far. I'm looking for the others now. Thanks for the suggestions!

Tokyo Story isn't my favorite. Of course, that's within the canon of Ozu films. It's still way way up there relative to other stuff.

I love Tokyo Twilight. Seriously.

You need to watch the Noriko trilogy for starters. That would be Late Spring, Early Summer, and of course, Tokyo Story. It's called the Noriko trilogy because Setsuko Hara plays a character named Noriko in each - albeit, a different Noriko.

After the Noriko trilogy, you need to start in on Ozu's color work. Oh my gosh, but you have some wonderful films to watch. Equinox Flower, Late Autumn and Floating Weeds are my favorites among his color films.

Separate question: have you watched any films by Mikio Naruse?

Thanks for the guideposts.

I have to admit that I have a copy of "When a Woman Ascends the Stairs", but have not yet watched it. That darn syndrome where, when you have a copy of a movie, you feel no need to watch it immediately? And then you save it for later. And later... I know, I'm sad.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:53:31 PM

Busted! The Coke gave it away! Smiley

I just assumed that well, you know, OZU...

Only "Tokyo Twilight", and "Tokyo Story" blows me away every time I see it. That's it so far. I'm looking for the others now. Thanks for the suggestions!

Tokyo Story isn't my favorite. Of course, that's within the canon of Ozu films. It's still way way up there relative to other stuff.

I love Tokyo Twilight. Seriously.

You need to watch the Noriko trilogy for starters. That would be Late Spring, Early Summer, and of course, Tokyo Story. It's called the Noriko trilogy because Setsuko Hara plays a character named Noriko in each - albeit, a different Noriko.

After the Noriko trilogy, you need to start in on Ozu's color work. Oh my gosh, but you have some wonderful films to watch. Equinox Flower, Late Autumn and Floating Weeds are my favorites among his color films.

Separate question: have you watched any films by Mikio Naruse?

I have to admit that I have a copy of "When a Woman Ascends the Stairs", but have not yet watched it. That darn syndrome where, when you have a copy of a movie, you feel no need to watch it immediately? And then you save it for later. And later... I know, I'm sad.

Yeah. I did that with Kurosawa's Red Beard for about eight months. And then I watched it and discovered one of Kurosawa's best works. When a Woman Ascends the Stairs is one of my favorite movies of all time. It stars Hideko Takamine. That is the truth. Watch it.

Setsuko Hara was Ozu's muse, but she also starred in some Naruse titles. Hideko Takamine was Naruse's muse, but she also starred in some Keisuke Kinoshita titles. And Kinuyo Tanaka was Mizoguchi's muse, but she also starred in some Naruse titles, and one Ozu title.

Oh, and Setsuko Hara was in two Kurosawa titles.

Here's a youtube guy who puts together some tributes to Setsuko Hara and Hideko Takamine. I love it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6tdZucyVc
flagel8

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:12:20 PM

Yeah. I did that with Kurosawa's Red Beard for about eight months. And then I watched it and discovered one of Kurosawa's best works. When a Woman Ascends the Stairs is one of my favorite movies of all time. It stars Hideko Takamine. That is the truth. Watch it.

Setsuko Hara was Ozu's muse, but she also starred in some Naruse titles. Hideko Takamine was Naruse's muse, but she also starred in some Keisuke Kinoshita titles. And Kinuyo Tanaka was Mizoguchi's muse, but she also starred in some Naruse titles, and one Ozu title.

Here's a youtube guy who puts together some tributes to Setsuko Hara and Hideko Takamine. I love it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6tdZucyVc

Thanks for so many things to look for. And that tribute was moving.

Also, have you seen Millennium Actress? While we are on the topic of Setsuko Hara.
FirstAscent

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:15:45 PM

Thanks for so many things to look for. And that tribute was moving.

Also, have you seen Millennium Actress? While we are on the topic of Setsuko Hara.

I have the DVD. I started it, but it was really late and I had to go to sleep. I need to watch it. Setsuko Hara, of course, walked away from cinema in the early sixties and never gave another interview or public appearance.

See this thread which I started: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293034.0
FirstAscent

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:30:16 PM

And did you ever see Kurosawa's No Regrets for our Youth? It's one of my favorite Kurosawa films. See the tribute here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGhS7t903c
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:37:47 AM

I can haz Coke?
flagel8

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:16:03 AM

And did you ever see Kurosawa's No Regrets for our Youth? It's one of my favorite Kurosawa films. See the tribute here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGhS7t903c

Just got a copy today!
FirstAscent

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:22:32 AM

Just got a copy today!

Awesome! Watch When a Woman Ascends the Stairs and No Regrets for our Youth.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: