Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:43:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO: Work > Greed  (Read 87 times)
jimmywh (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:50:31 AM

ICO's are a wild west at this moment. In many cases they are being reduced to no more than a gas war benefitting those who can afford to buy big. What I would like to see more, is something we already see on a smaller scale. The presale is often limited to people who somehow can be of beneficial use to the project in other ways than pumping money in it. I would like to see people doing bounty work get the same privilege. Often bounties given for bounty work is not really worth the time. However, if the people helping promote the project had the chance to buy in early without having to invest 10-50.000 USD as an extra reward to the work done, I imagine it could greatly benefit the community who are most passionate about crypto currencies.

Example:
The ArcBlock ICO has concluded some days ago. In many ways it was a nightmare, and still is, as the people who didn't get in before hardcap was reached, had their transfer stuck at ArcBlock for several weeks before a refund. A lot of these people were wearing ArcBlock signature campaigns on BCT. Although I wasn't one of them, I felt kind of gutted watching the people doing work for ArcBlock, not alone get rejected at crowdsale, but also have their funds frozen for a rather  long time, just because they failed to push "buy" within the first ten seconds of open crowdsale.

For the sake of ICO's in general, I think this is a very valid point to implement in the future.

Thoughts?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: