Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:02:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosted Mining with Panama Bitcoins  (Read 1425 times)
vite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:06:33 PM

Panama Bitcoins will now offer mining products.

We are proud to present hosted mining

We will only charge a small %10 fee to host any device that is compatible with our network

Please feel free to visit our website at http://store.panamabitcoins.com/category/mining

and any inquiries to info@panamabitcoins.com
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:50:50 PM

We will only charge a small %10 fee to host any device that is compatible with our network

Please feel free to visit our website at http://store.panamabitcoins.com/category/mining

Could you possibly have put any less information on your website?  All I can see is what looks like a phishing site to get email addys to sell to other phishers.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
vite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:06:29 PM

Could you possibly have put any less information on your website?  All I can see is what looks like a phishing site to get email addys to sell to other phishers.

Here is a small reputation thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=105.0

and there is a working phone number and email address

and I am on the forum. Plus there are links to our FB and google + accounts?

Can you please elaborate what you mean by lack of information, did you take the time to navigate the website?
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:30:40 PM

Can you please elaborate what you mean by lack of information, did you take the time to navigate the website?
It's simple. You have 2 'hosting' options that look very expensive.  .3BTC for a USB hub.  .9BTC for 1GH.  I see no time frame mentioned, is this .3BTC per minute, per hour, per day, per week, per month, per year, per decade, per century?  Are you supplying the USB or must they be bought and sent to you?  If you supply them, the USB is currently selling at ~.18BTC and uses 2.5W of power.  That .12BTCdifference  would power a USB in my home for ~60,000 hours or 6.8 years.  This to me indicates this is some kind of a scam, especially since the return on that .18BTC USB device is currently expected to be .13BTC after 6 months.

So, yes, lack of information about everything, overpriced hosting for the smallest power usage items and what looks like an attempt to get names and email address = phishing to me.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
ergofobe

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 04:27:19 PM

It's simple. You have 2 'hosting' options that look very expensive.  .3BTC for a USB hub.  .9BTC for 1GH.  I see no time frame mentioned, is this .3BTC per minute, per hour, per day, per week, per month, per year, per decade, per century?  Are you supplying the USB or must they be bought and sent to you?  If you supply them, the USB is currently selling at ~.18BTC and uses 2.5W of power.  That .12BTCdifference  would power a USB in my home for ~60,000 hours or 6.8 years.  This to me indicates this is some kind of a scam, especially since the return on that .18BTC USB device is currently expected to be .13BTC after 6 months.

So, yes, lack of information about everything, overpriced hosting for the smallest power usage items and what looks like an attempt to get names and email address = phishing to me.

USB Block Erupters are currently selling at 0.18 BTC in the US.  There are currently no resellers for these devices in Panama, where we are based, and therefore our prices reflect the added shipping, and customs costs associated with importing them.  As we are able to scale up, and our costs go down we will also reduce our prices to reflect this.  We've already done it once.  Also, as we gain access to newer and faster hardware, we will offer those for sale as well.  Our intention is to resell only what we have already purchased, so you will never see equipment for sale that we do not have in hand.  That's why you don't see BFL hardware or KnCMiner hardware listed on our site.  Whenever we make a sale, we immediately put in an order for more hardware using the proceeds of that sale, but the purchaser will get immediate benefit from his purchase.

If you purchase a Hosted Block Erupter from us, you will own the physical device.  We will host it for you, keeping 10% for operational costs, and mine using your device, and you will earn however much Bitcoin the device produces over its lifetime.  We will continue to mine using your device until either you request that we ship it to you, or until such time as the power that it uses costs more than the 10% hosting fees we are charging.

We intend to always mine on the latest available hardware, as long as there is enough demand from Panama Bitcoins customers to be able to purchase that hardware, so if you purchase 1GH/s instead of a Block Erupter, you will not own a physical device.  Instead you will receive whatever 1GH/s is able to produce, minus the 10% we keep for operations costs.  Since you will own raw hashing power, instead of a device, then as long as the hardware manufacturers are able to continually increase efficiency of their devices, there should in theory never be any point at which the cost to operate 1GH/s is higher than what Bitcoin it produces.  You will continue to receive payouts as long as Panama Bitcoins is operating.

As for how payouts are made... Whenever we receive BTC for mining, we divide the proceeds proportionally among all those who have purchased Erupters or hashing power.  Once a week we sweep those individual accounts and pay out any balance over 0.01 BTC to the Bitcoin address we have on file for you.

Finally, as far as the "phishy" look of the website.  We are a small company, operating on a small budget, in an extremely small market.  I personally am not a web designer, but I developed the entire website, and continue to expand on its functionality and aesthetics as time and money permit.  I am the company's only investor, and I pay for everything we do out-of-pocket -- and I'm not wealthy.  Despite our small budget, we are doing everything we can to offer our services at competitive prices.  Even hiring a professional web programmer to make the website look good would more than double our current operational costs, and thus require us to raise our prices.  Our goal is to increase awareness of Bitcoin in Panama by affordably offering as many Bitcoin related services as we can to Panamanians and when possible to the rest of the world.  Most of our customers understand that this is our goal, and overlook the less than professional design and functionality of the website.
ergofobe

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 07:52:54 PM

If you supply them, the USB is currently selling at ~.18BTC and uses 2.5W of power. 

By the way, BTC Guild is also selling Block Erupters in their ASIC Store at 0.29 BTC (they were 0.5 BTC up until just a few days ago).  So although I will accept that it is possible to purchase Block Erupters cheaper than from us, we're not the only ones charging what we are charging, and I don't consider our price exorbitant especially given that we're targeting the Panama market and are including shipping and customs in the price.

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=store
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 12:33:27 PM

Sorry but way too expensive for 1GH/S

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: