Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:09:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken failing to execute orders?!?  (Read 10844 times)
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:27:54 AM

WTF? I thought Kraken was a respectable exchange house, since they were chosen for disbursement of the MtGox bankruptcy funds, but it seems not. I had 3 trailing-stop sell orders on Kraken waiting for this value drop, they were supposed to trigger at 1012, 990 and 960-ish euros but we're already at like 955 and none of them are executed, I'm still fully in BTC! Anyone else seeing this on their account?

Respectable yes. As in the idea that they don't scam people, they won't take your money and go away with it (or at least we think).
But it was a freaking rush period. And I don't for the others but I'm not sure most platform exchanges have the technical power to take such number of transactions and connections.
But... That none of them have actually taken an order? This is weird. Some delays yeah it's easily understandable, but that's no longer a delay that's just that they forgot it xD

Did you try to contact support? Though I don't think they would do anything...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
UnknownEye

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:33:31 AM

Haven't had these sorts of problem with Kraken before but I haven't been using them as of late with the crazy BTC rush and all I think that had a lot to do with it.
fuckingidiot350

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:40:32 AM

kraken always seemed ok never a problem there  but leverage offered is quite low.

okcoin is the worst, regularly took positions and came back to find them closed out and money gone (due to margin)  even though the price hardly moved.  this exchange is definitely 100% working against traders to take positions against them in order to force margin closes against them.  avoid it.

bitfinex is second worst, some real dodgy stuff going on there as well  and the fees are quite high. better than okcoin but only just.

best solution is dont trade leverage with bitcoin guys, you cant trust any of the exchanges there are scams on all of them.  only use leverage with reputable & regulated providers.

if you trade leverage with bitfinex or okcoin you are playing in a rigged game

best option - deposit to bitstamp and buy & hold.
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 01:08:50 AM

WTF? I thought Kraken was a respectable exchange house, since they were chosen for disbursement of the MtGox bankruptcy funds, but it seems not. I had 3 trailing-stop sell orders on Kraken waiting for this value drop, they were supposed to trigger at 1012, 990 and 960-ish euros but we're already at like 955 and none of them are executed, I'm still fully in BTC! Anyone else seeing this on their account?
Hey, I'm not sure exactly what happened but perhaps the "last price" said it was under 955 for a short period but the actually market rate was higher, this has happened a lot for me and can be confusing at times, although all my kraken orders went through just make sure your looking at the correct rate, if that isn't the problem it could be the type of order you created, im not sure.
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 03:31:10 AM

Yeah, could it not just be that with such fast-moving high volume, there just weren't enough corresponding orders at that price to match them with before the price moved on?
MatDerKater

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:19:21 PM

Respectable yes. As in the idea that they don't scam people, they won't take your money and go away with it (or at least we think).
But it was a freaking rush period. And I don't for the others but I'm not sure most platform exchanges have the technical power to take such number of transactions and connections.
But... That none of them have actually taken an order? This is weird. Some delays yeah it's easily understandable, but that's no longer a delay that's just that they forgot it xD

U want a fkn bet?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.0

To save you reading the whole thread, the gist of it is as follows.......Kraken accounts, where the user has opted for the default security options, allows withdrawals to be made without even Email authentication. Even if the Kraken account holder opts to use Kraken's 2FA authentication for withdrawals, 2FA can still be turned off by anyone with the password to the account. Only those who opt for 2FA on every single log-in, accounts are 'safe'.

In the thread, are a handful of people (myself included), complaining about having their Kraken account's emptied. Kraken's response is to offer their 'sorries for your losses', and little else. Had Kraken simply had email verification for withdrawals, then none of the victims in this case would have been robbed, but even now, they still have not implemented this as far as I am aware. Furthermore, this is not the first incident of limited numbers of people being robbed on Kraken. A quick search through reddit and such will bring up many accounts of small scale thefts occurring on this exchange over the course of time, without there ever being any kind of media attention brought to Kraken's door.

I am not saying that it is the exchange owners themselves who are doing the thieving, but the exchanges definitely has rats, with backend access to passwords and such, and the ability to empty 'vulnerable' accounts, i.e. any account that does not require 2FA for simple login. What is highly dubious however, is despite the frequency of the thefts, Kraken do not change their system....as though the exchange is being operated by someone who is quite happy to leave this 'vulneability' open.

Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:04:21 PM

Had Kraken simply had email verification for withdrawals, then none of the victims in this case would have been robbed, but even now, they still have not implemented this as far as I am aware.
I also think that kraken is to blame for these bad default security.
But they already implemented email confirmation. the first ~ 5 to 10 times you withdraw to an new address, you have to confirm it via email. After that it does work without email.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:23:59 PM

any exchange that forgets to pay their cloudflare bill then tries to deny it, forcing cloudflare to come up with the proof, needs to work a little harder on their professionalism.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:42:28 PM

I'm not sure what's going on with these exchanges. I lost money on Cryptsy last year, luckily I'm using Poloniex right now and so far I haven't had any problems. That's about 4 exchanges that I know of that have had problems with depositor funds.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:03:47 PM

U want a fkn bet?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.0

To save you reading the whole thread, the gist of it is as follows.......Kraken accounts, where the user has opted for the default security options, allows withdrawals to be made without even Email authentication. Even if the Kraken account holder opts to use Kraken's 2FA authentication for withdrawals, 2FA can still be turned off by anyone with the password to the account. Only those who opt for 2FA on every single log-in, accounts are 'safe'.

In the thread, are a handful of people (myself included), complaining about having their Kraken account's emptied. Kraken's response is to offer their 'sorries for your losses', and little else. Had Kraken simply had email verification for withdrawals, then none of the victims in this case would have been robbed, but even now, they still have not implemented this as far as I am aware. Furthermore, this is not the first incident of limited numbers of people being robbed on Kraken. A quick search through reddit and such will bring up many accounts of small scale thefts occurring on this exchange over the course of time, without there ever being any kind of media attention brought to Kraken's door.

I am not saying that it is the exchange owners themselves who are doing the thieving, but the exchanges definitely has rats, with backend access to passwords and such, and the ability to empty 'vulnerable' accounts, i.e. any account that does not require 2FA for simple login. What is highly dubious however, is despite the frequency of the thefts, Kraken do not change their system....as though the exchange is being operated by someone who is quite happy to leave this 'vulnerability' open.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? xD

That's... Insane. Well I had a rather good opinion of Kraken before, but it seems that I was a bit misled.
Security is probably the main point of a platform exchange, so not having a freaking simple email confirmation is... Well it doesn't make sense.
I had no problem with them but I didn't use them a lot. Without any reason though, just because I used more btc-e and polionex. It seems like it was a very good idea to not use it a lot. Specially as the platform exchange are numerous with high quality.
donjoe (OP)

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:14:35 AM

Of course they didn't, they just gave me a few more of their stupid little Kraken Free Credits for transactions, while failing to fix the issue (as proven by today's smaller movement, where my simple market-buy order took about an hour to execute, which lost me the favorable price point I could've nailed, close to the bottom of the drop).

Yeah, could it not just be that with such fast-moving high volume, there just weren't enough corresponding orders at that price to match them with before the price moved on?
No, that's ridiculous. They have tons of users with tons of orders frantically executing when this kind of thing happens. I just think they have too many users posting too many orders relative to their server's capacity to execute in a short time, so by the time some of the later orders are reached the price may already be far from favorable. I just have to move to another exchange with a better users/hardware-capacity ratio - it's clear to me now that I'm completely wasting my time on Kraken, since I can't even capitalize on a 10% correction here.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
obook

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:02:47 PM

Good idea is to leave kraken and transfer Your bitcoins... Something wrong with it..

usually failed order
agree, terrible platmform
MsTax

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:57:06 PM

I m trying to post an order for the last 8 hours without success. Its ridicoulous. I tried 2 platforms, 3 currencies. Nothing, nada, nix. Doesnt even take the order. Got 4 different error messages.
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 10:46:37 PM

Kraken had a major trading engine upgrade in the beginning of January and trading has been running very smoothly ever since. If you haven't been to the exchange in a while we'd suggest dropping by to test it out again. Be sure to check out our new trading interface at trade.kraken.com.

If you need anything else please drop by our Bitcointalk thread!

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
Icoservices2018

Activity: 176
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:02:49 PM

Kraken had a major trading engine upgrade in the beginning of January and trading has been running very smoothly ever since. If you haven't been to the exchange in a while we'd suggest dropping by to test it out again. Be sure to check out our new trading interface at trade.kraken.com.

If you need anything else please drop by our Bitcointalk thread!

I agree that Kraken in a very nice exchange but it has a horrible operation system. I have tried to generate my eth account and I couldnt, so I opened around 3 tickets and I still waiting the answer.
And If you try to set an order, lets be a patience guy please. You could get it fast or you can try it for 10 minutes..

I prefer Bittrex
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 11:08:15 PM

I agree that Kraken in a very nice exchange but it has a horrible operation system. I have tried to generate my eth account and I couldnt, so I opened around 3 tickets and I still waiting the answer.
And If you try to set an order, lets be a patience guy please. You could get it fast or you can try it for 10 minutes..

I prefer Bittrex

Hi Icoservices2018. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Were you trying to generate a new ETH address to fund your Kraken account? You would need to navigate to Funding > Deposit > Ether (ETH) and click the green button to generate a new address. There may also be a disclaimer that you agree to if this is the first address you're generating on Kraken.

As for your orders, has this been happening recently? I haven't heard this happening to any clients since early January before the trading engine was upgraded. Do you mean that your orders aren't filling for 10 minutes or that your orders don't go through for 10 minutes? If you place an order it will be open until it's filled. It could be instant or it could be opened indefinitely if the purchase price was lower than the market price.

If these are still issues please escalate your ticket using this form. Thanks for reaching out.

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:38:39 AM

Are you quite sure? For fiat withdrawals, they require that the name on your bank account matches the name on your kraken account. That's very hard to fake for a hacker.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print