Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 09:29:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trading Strategies Thread  (Read 60 times)
dumplingsandsushi (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:53:56 PM
Merited by chocopapaya (1)

Aloha! Feel free to post any trading strategies that have worked for you.

I often employ the "newly listed" strategy. (will that phrase catch on? I just came up with it.  A little uninspiring...)

Since I started doing ICOs a long time ago, I noticed that the first day a coin is listed, it has crazy volatility and volume.  It bounces up and down like a funky monkey.
So I wondered if I could take the "buy low sell high" thing and just speed it up 10x.
After testing it out a bit, well, to make a semi-long story short, YES! It works!

You keep track of high profile ICOs and when and where their coins will be listed.
It's important that they are high profile or there won't be enough trading volume to pull this off.
On that day, typically, the moment they are listed the price is insanely high, then will crash to an absolute low (sometimes within 15 minutes!).
After that, it bounces up and down for at least a day, sometimes two or three.

Set the price bar to only look at the last hour, you can more specifically see the ups and downs.
Then, just buy when it's low, and immediately list for a higher price.
It is important to only buy and sell within the median range, that means your sell orders shouldn't be that much higher than your buy orders
Last, just rinse and repeat all day long.
You can even do this while you have a full time job! I did this recently with bluezelle and I just checked in throughout the day and managed to do around 11 buy/sell trades throughout the day and made about $900.
Something hilarious, is that if I calculate my salary from my full time job to a daily wage, I make only about $160 a day haha.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:12:34 PM

First, a disclaimer.  This might sound like I'm shilling but I am honestly just sharing my experience:

I'm no sure if this is a strategy per say, but I started looking into crypto hedge funds lately after getting advice from a friend who is an investment banker.

After some research, I decided to settle on Iconomi and DAA instead of a full on hedge fund.

A DAA (digital asset array) is an investment portfolio that is maintained by someone, a group of people, or a company.  You can buy into these portfolios buy purchasing the token associated with their portfolio.  The value of the token is directly related to the value of the portfolio.

Each portfolio will have a "selling point".
Like one that focuses on privacy coins, or one that has an equal spread, or one that will only invest in coins that have a real world application.
You can freely look through each DAA and the people managing it.
There are maintenence fees (usually around 3%) and withdrawal fees if you want out of the DAA (very small, like .5%).

For me, I decided to invest into Crush Crypto Core's DAA.
As I've gotten busier in my day job, I thought it would be nice to have a portion of my investments taken care of by a professional.
I don't see this as anything short term, rather, I see substantial profit in DAAs in the long term.

dumplingsandsushi (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:15:52 PM

If you are a gambling person, you can always buy up some coin that is around one satoshi then put up a sell price that is insanely high.
If that coin even gets targeted by a pump and dump group, then you can get a 1000x return.

This happened to me accidentally as I was shopping for shitcoins just as a hobby of mine (I like to collect ridiculous coins).
I bought up a coin called EDDIEcoin and then thought it would be funny to put in a sell order for .0000125 (I bought it for .00000005)
I then just left it and forgot about it.

A couple of months later, suddenly, BAM! Eddiecoin shoots off on cryptopia and it's sold off.
Then, in just a couple of hours, the price crashes again haha.

So, is this method viable?
NO WAY!

Is it kind of hilarious and fun?
Of COURSE!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: