Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:12:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mist vs. Myetherwallet vs. MetaMask  (Read 166 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:35:51 PM

I'm currently a user of MyCrypto (aka MEW) and never touched anything else. I want to know what are your thoughts on Mist and MetaMask? I'm not planning to use them for ETH only, I will be using ERC20 tokens too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:44:02 PM

Now I just use MetaMask and I think MetaMask is safer than MEW.
One of the reasons I chose it was because MetaMask enables you to participate on EtherDelta, a decentralized exchange, directly from the wallet. You do not have to deposit or withdraw funds on the exchange, but rather the website communicates with the MetaMask extension and enables you to trade on the spot.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:12:47 AM

I'm currently a user of MyCrypto (aka MEW) and never touched anything else. I want to know what are your thoughts on Mist and MetaMask? I'm not planning to use them for ETH only, I will be using ERC20 tokens too.
I have never tried trying mist and metamask since I come into cryptocurrencies. Myetherwallet has been doing very well for me and most time I believe that Myetherwallet provide for me the features of other ethereum wallets providers. I think using Myetherwallet to hold other erc20 token are also good and you should be able to get all you want there.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:38:34 AM

I have never tried trying mist and metamask since I come into cryptocurrencies. Myetherwallet has been doing very well for me and most time I believe that Myetherwallet provide for me the features of other ethereum wallets providers. I think using Myetherwallet to hold other erc20 token are also good and you should be able to get all you want there.

same here, i only use mew but i do familiar with metamask and actually i use metamask one time but i didnt like its interface as it is kinda bit complicated therfore i only sticking up with mew and so far i had not experienced anything bad like hacking or phising attempts. However mist and metamask is both more secure and private to the fact that they dont expose your private keys when logging in into an online exchange like etherdelta.
zirconbasu18

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:40:46 AM

I will go with mew.
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:34:05 AM

About MetaMask, does it automatically detect the tokens in your wallet or you must add them manually using the contract address, symbol and decimal number?
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:12:27 PM

I am only a MEW wallet user, it suits all my needs but I do worry every time I see them put up the message "this is not a secure method". I know a lot of people are now migrating to MetaMask, but I guess I am not one of those users who do not mind putting up an extension on Chrome. I do wish MEW would not freeze up when the network is crowded, though. I recall at least twice in recent months having problems sending payment even on high gas fees. Personally, something like Electrum for Bitcoin would be perfect but since all the tokens seem to be on ETH,,,

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sebolcat

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:06:29 PM

I personally used only MetaMask and have met no problem so far. However, in order to transfer token from MetaMask to an exchange, I used to connect my MetaMask to MEW to perform the task.

I have just found that we also can connect our MetaMask to EtherDelta exchange and perform transferring task without any trouble.

Above are my experience. And I have a question that "Is connecting MetaMask to EtherDelta safe"?

Thank you in advance. Smiley
LaLegiste

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:05:26 PM

I personally used only MetaMask and have met no problem so far. However, in order to transfer token from MetaMask to an exchange, I used to connect my MetaMask to MEW to perform the task.

I have just found that we also can connect our MetaMask to EtherDelta exchange and perform transferring task without any trouble.

Above are my experience. And I have a question that "Is connecting MetaMask to EtherDelta safe"?

Thank you in advance. Smiley

I guess so. You should understand that EtherDelta is not storing your private keys whatever method you use to connect it. The only danger using EtherDelta is phishing sites which you can use accidently instead of original EtherDelta. And considering that, MetaMask is probably the best way to connect EtherDelta because as far i know it's checking EtherDelta's certificate before connection.

deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:57:16 PM

Metamask is also best ERC20 compatible wallet , it provides you extra layer of security from phishing sites. And in meta mask your private key never leaves from your chrome extension like private keys in nano ledger or trezor hardware wallet.

If for any reason you don't like meta mask interface , what you can do is connect metamask to mew and do transaction simply from MEW.

As you are already using MEW , you can import your wallet in metamask no need to create new.

And in meta mask you have to add new tokens manually by mentioning smart contract address , decimal symbol same as we usually do in MEW.

Regarding Mist I don't have any experience with it , so can't comment on it.
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:25:52 AM

I use Myetherwallet, but when entering myetherwallet I use metamask.
so I guess it will be, and will not get stuck a phishing site. because metamask detects phishing sites automatically.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: